T2W MCA 2006 - The Results

Sharky

Staff
First off, apologies for the delay in announcing the results. I really wanted to announce these before 2007, but having been overseas for much of Nov and Dec it just wasn't possible.

Thanks to everyone who entered their votes for the T2W 2006 MC Awards and to our sponsor, Spread Trade Systems.

Congratulations to all the winners voted for by T2W Members as winners in their categories.

As previously announced the prize draw winners of the Microsoft Zunes were:
Rols
CityTrader
Mr. Charts

We have two additional prizes this year to award to the winners of the most valuable contributer, dbphoenix and most helpful memebers, Arbitrageur. Congratulations guys, I speak for the community when I say we really appreciate all the contributions you’ve made this year. You’ll both be receiving silver bull desk statues in the post shortly. A special mention also to Trader333, Socrates and mr.marcus who were all runners up for these awards – thanks for your efforts!

2299-A.gif

awards.gif

Data Feeds

Best Realtime Data Feed
Gold: eSignal
Silver: Interactive Brokers
Bronze: Bloomberg

Best EOD Data Feed
Silver: ShareScope
Bronze: Bloomberg

Software

Best Professional Trading Platform

Gold: Interactive Brokers
Silver: TradeStation
Bronze: TT XTrader Pro

Best Software for UK EOD Traders

Gold: ShareScope
Silver: eSignal
Bronze: Amibroker

Best Software for UK Intra-Day Traders

Silver: ShareScope

Best Software for US EOD Traders

Silver: TradeStation
Bronze: MetaStock

Best Software for US Intra-Day Traders

Gold:TradeStation

Best Software for Options Traders

Silver: eSignal Option Plus
Bronze: OptionsXpress

Best Software for Mechanical System Traders

Gold: TradeStation
Silver: Amibroker
Bronze: MetaStock

Best A.I. Software (Expert Systems/Neurel Networks)

Gold: Advanced GET
Silver: Tradecision
Bronze: Omnitrader

Best Portfolio Management Software

Bronze:Bloomberg

Brokers

Best Stockbroker

Silver: E*Trade Pro
Bronze: Charles Schwab

Best Direct Access Broker
Silver: TradeStation Securities
Bronze: Man Financial

Best Spreadbetting Broker
Gold: CMC Markets
Silver: Capital Spreads
Bronze: Finspreads

Best CFD Broker

Silver: E*TRADE
Bronze: GNI

Best Forex Broker

Silver: FXCM
Bronze: Interbank FX

Best Futures Broker

Silver: TradeStation Securities
Bronze: Man Direct

Best Options Broker

Silver: OptionsXpress
Bronze: TradeStation Securities

Best Fixed Odds Broker

Gold: Betfair
Silver: Binary Bet
Bronze: BetOnMarkets

Media

Best Financial Television Channel

Gold: Bloomberg
Silver: CNBC

Best Exhibition for Traders
Gold: Traders Expo
Silver: IX Investor
Bronze: Forex Trading Expo

Best Traders Magazine

Gold: Traders'
Silver: Trader Monthly
Bronze: Stocks & Commodities

Best Website for Market News/Analysis

Gold: Bloomberg.com
Silver: Yahoo! Finance
Bronze: ADVFN

Best Website for Trading Data/Tools

Gold: ADVFN.com
Silver: Yahoo! Finance
Bronze: Bloomberg.com

Best Website for Technical Analysis

Gold: Investopedia
Silver: StockCharts.com
Bronze: Bigcharts

T2W Website

Most Helpful Member (Answers Questions/Help Newbies)

Gold: Arbitrageur
Silver: Trader333
Bronze: Socrates

Most Valuable Contributer (Illuminating/Useful Posts)
Gold: dbphoenix
Silver: Arbitrageur
Bronze: mr.marcus

Favourite Forum

Gold: Forex
Silver: Technical Trader
Bronze: Mapping the Territory

Favourite Journal

Gold: wasp
Silver: firewalker99
Bronze: JillyB

I echo Sharkys words re: members dbp and arb.
and also wasp, who has shared his methods and trading style.

Arb,

I gladly hand over last year's Most Helpful Member crown and sceptre (I also have a little left-over polish that I'm including).

Congratulations! :)

wow, I'm flattered and grateful, and slightly embarrassed by the attention :cheesy: I feel like my cloak of anonymity has been suddenly tugged away leaving me naked and fumbling to cover my nuts as I blink with alarm into the glaring spotlight :LOL:

thanks for the comments guys, i'll try not to use all your polish dbp, chances are you'll need it back this time next year ;)

Sharky said:
First off, apologies for the delay in announcing the results. I really wanted to announce these before 2007, but having been overseas for much of Nov and Dec it just wasn't possible.

Thanks to everyone who entered their votes for the T2W 2006 MC Awards and to our sponsor, Spread Trade Systems.

Congratulations to all the winners voted for by T2W Members as winners in their categories.

As previously announced the prize draw winners of the Microsoft Zunes were:
Rols
CityTrader
Mr. Charts

The Zune arrived today- thank you very much. Still not sure what I did to deserve it. Can only assume it was a random draw?!!

CT

That's right CT, it was a prize draw for everyone who entered the MC Awards. And it was your lucky day!

Folks I'm going to create you some badges to wear proudly for your achievements, and previous years. You have to wear them whether you like them or not! Well done! :D

Sharky,
what happened to the "favourite thread" and "funniest member" choice categories?

I decided to pull them because a lot of people voted 'they didn't know' and those that did were spread thinly across so many categories, it wasn't really worth awarding them.

Sharky,
Next year would you consider a new category for the most persistently banned member ?
We don't need a poll though we can just give the award to Rudeboy ;) ;) for all his faults you've just got to 'admire' (might be the wrong description) his persistence ..I had a dog once with the same trait....used to chase cars ...well ,for awhile ;(

Sharky said:
We have two additional prizes this year to award to the winners of the most valuable contributer, dbphoenix and most helpful memebers, Arbitrageur. Congratulations guys, I speak for the community when I say we really appreciate all the contributions you’ve made this year. You’ll both be receiving silver bull and bear desk statues in the post shortly. A special mention also to Trader333, Socrates and mr.marcus who were all runners up for these awards – thanks for your efforts!

:cry: Bwahahaha :cry: Wahhhhaha :cry:

I got you Banned Members Notice Board
I got you T2W Spread Bet Account

and what do I get ? :cry: :cry:

Well done to all the winners and Have a great year :LOL:

CV

I am arbitrarily creating a new award category ..the brevity award ..this goes to Counter Violent

The lengths I go to to ensure happiness... ;)

Sharky said:
I decided to pull them because a lot of people voted 'they didn't know' and those that did were spread thinly across so many categories, it wasn't really worth awarding them.

Congrats to the winners (and myself)!

I was wondering... how many people actually cast their vote?
If you could shed some light on that... just to have an idea how representative the results are....

In terms of the number of members participating it was in the 100s, rather than the 1000s. Which considering we have a total membership rapidly approaching 70,000 is disappointing. I think this year we'll simplify the awards so there are fewer categories - and thus the entry form isn't quite so overwhelming!

Sharky said:
In terms of the number of members participating it was in the 100s, rather than the 1000s. Which considering we have a total membership rapidly approaching 70,000 is disappointing. I think this year we'll simplify the awards so there are fewer categories - and thus the entry form isn't quite so overwhelming!

Actually that's not that far off what I had in mind. These things never attract the majority, but in the 100s is disappointing compared to the number of members, but I guess many accounts are dormant or many members have been more lurkers than participators. The idea of an award system is sound, but I think the aim should be to get at least a couple of hundred votes instead.

my large shiny bull trophy arrived in the post yesterday in a surprisingly huge box! Now adorning my trading desk next to my monitors, after a quick buffing with dbp's polish :cheesy:

thanks!

Sharky said:
That's right CT, it was a prize draw for everyone who entered the MC Awards. And it was your lucky day!

Folks I'm going to create you some badges to wear proudly for your achievements, and previous years. You have to wear them whether you like them or not! Well done! :D

How are these badges coming along? :D

cool idea :)
i saw this award being featured with a product
i was thinking "is that the same thing as t2w?? turns out it is