T2W Members' Choice Awards 2007 - The Results & Prize Winner

Sharky

Staff
The results of the T2W MCA Awards 2007 are now live here:
http://www.tradingawards.com/winners

The winner of the iPod Touch is... One Eyed Shark - well done! Prize details have been sent to you by PM.

A special mention to our T2W Member Winners:

Most Helpful Member (Answers Questions/Help Newbies)
GOLD: Trader333
SILVER: JTrader
BRONZE: trader_dante

Most Valuable Contributer (Illuminating/Useful Posts)
GOLD: trader_dante
SILVER: dbphoenix
BRONZE: firewalker99

All the winning members shall receive bull and bear silver plated cuff links.. thanks for supporting the site!

Just got to love those i pod touch's :):)

What a 2 days, prize winner and the beloved King Kev is back all in 24 hours

The only surprise, I see is :) that it is announced TODAY as originally planned, just today :LOL:

Lol. T2W uses the JIT principle :p

There is one more surprise (or is it a mistake?), I see I got myself a silver medal for my journal again... a journal which hasn't been updated in the past year. I should leave the thread another year dormant and I might get gold next year lol.

Congrats to all the winners.

The results of the T2W MCA Awards 2007 are now live here:
2007 Members’ Choice Awards

The winner of the iPod Touch is... One Eyed Shark - well done! Prize details have been sent to you by PM.

A special mention to our T2W Member Winners:

Most Helpful Member (Answers Questions/Help Newbies)
GOLD: T2W Trading Community
SILVER: T2W Trading Community
BRONZE: T2W Trading Community

Most Valuable Contributer (Illuminating/Useful Posts)
GOLD: T2W Trading Community
SILVER: T2W Trading Community
BRONZE: T2W Trading Community

All the winning members shall receive bull and bear silver plated cuff links.. thanks for supporting the site!

I am surprised & honoured to collect the silver medal for most helpful member :clap:.
I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me.
I'd also like to thank my parents and my family. If it wasn't for these people I'd.......:LOL:

I'm not sure if the fact that - my name was on a shortlist of the votes drop-down menu - created a bias in my favour :whistle:cool:. But if it did, i have got to thank Sharky and the T2W team for the kind consideration - Nice one fella's ;).

well done trader333, well deserved, always been very helpful since day one ...............again well done.

jason

i think the shortlist was based on last years voting?

Yes, see Sharky's post. I think that already creates a respons-bias for voters. And those who are only interested in winning the Ipod will no doubt just choose one of those instead of opting to add a name of their own.

To be honest, I think last year we, formerly known as the Focus Group, came to the conclusion that the MCA could improve on several aspects and the limited number of voters was once of the reasons we reached that conclusion. Perhaps this year is the time to change the concept? I don't want to tread on anyone's toes. After all, it's not in my personal best interest to change anything, considering I'm amongst the winners :)

This doesn't change anything about the fact that I agree with GammaJammer and I think every winner is very worthy of his nomination.

Conglatualtions to all winners.

2 recommendations for .

1. Why don't you make the votes open. So everybody can see at any point in time who is winning. I think that would make it more transparency and fair.

2. Will be great if you can award winners with something. A certificate, gold trophy for the winner or Something "like MCA winner 2007" written below their name.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Bizmanny, point 1) is valid and I think we may well do that this year, it will probably make more sense to have the ability to vote for those entrants that have a chance of winning, to minimise the long tail effect. Either that or we have an initial round of nominations and then vote on those. Point 2) yes absolutely, and it's already in the works - all MCA winners will get a special badge to identify them on the forums.