T2W Bikers Thread

Trader333

I thought I would start a thread and see if anyone else is a biker. If so say hello and we can see if there is any interest in this and maybe discuss stories and post pictures of currently (or past) owned machines.

I thought I would start a thread and see if anyone else is a biker. If so say hello and we can see if there is any interest in this and maybe discuss stories and post pictures of currently (or past) owned machines.

3. Don't post rubbish. This isn't You Tube, it is a site dedicated to Trading and should be treated as such. There are plenty of places where you can post whatever you like. We don't want it here unless it is about Trading. :whistling

Personally I think any topic that helps bring a sense of community is a good thing, and I don't see why your thread should be singled out or deleted for being non trading related, but just saying like....

You might want to get Steve to modify his rule 3 to include bikes ! (Or better still scrap rule 3 altogether !)

^ This thread was made within The Foyer, which is the general off-topic area. There are no contradictions with the rules.

-----

I got into motorcycles myself in 2011, and I am incredibly glad I did.

Right now I only have a lil' 250cc 1987 Ninja, but will be upgrading to a 1984 550 GPz in a couple weeks. I've found my calling with the sport bikes. :D

The Foyer is for non trading related material as well you know and I take it from your post that you are not one of the brotherhood :)

3. Don't post rubbish. This isn't You Tube, it is a site dedicated to Trading and should be treated as such. There are plenty of places where you can post whatever you like. We don't want it here unless it is about Trading. :whistling

Personally I think any topic that helps bring a sense of community is a good thing, and I don't see why your thread should be singled out or deleted for being non trading related, but just saying like....

You might want to get Steve to modify his rule 3 to include bikes ! (Or better still scrap rule 3 altogether !)

Steve says your on a sticky wicket. At first I thought it might be a reference to cricket, but now i'm not so sure.:LOL:

The Foyer is for non trading related material as well you know and I take it from your post that you are not one of the brotherhood :)

I really have no idea what the rules are these days, they change more frequently than I change my underwear !

I think discussing bikes is a great idea.

Unfortunately the closest I ever came to bike ownership was a second hand Suzuki 125 in my youth. The roads here aren't exactly bike friendly (or even vehicle friendly) or I might be tempted to have another dabble.

Anyway, to get this thread back on track...

I started prepping my bike for the road as the legal date here for riding would be the 15th of march or this Friday. Checked oil levels, coolant, fluids, etc. and charged the battery.

But my battery is somehow missing a small nut bolt that goes in the nodes, so I can't plug it in until I fetch another bolt. And here I was thinking I could ride on the 15th. :cry:

T333, what do you ride?

Last edited:
I used to be into biking. Strapping a suitcase on the back and going the 200+ miles from here to London. First I had to find a bed-sit for the same night and then a job. Never had to freeze on a park bench thank goodness. On an big BSA. Forgotten it's name, something like Starlight, after a BSA 250. Then onto Yamaha s and cars.

Shooting Star I think it was.

I think discussing bikes is a great idea.

Unfortunately the closest I ever came to bike ownership was a second hand Suzuki 125 in my youth. The roads here aren't exactly bike friendly (or even vehicle friendly) or I might be tempted to have another dabble.

On holiday years ago in Gozo, we rented a newish car to drive around Malta. When we picked the car up we were amazed how battered it was and had only done 1500 miles on the clock. At the very first roundabout we met someone going round the wrong way. Phew some drivers !!
Nice island though.

I currently have a BMW R1200 RT which I ride all year round but not as much in Winter. I will take some pictures when I get chance and post a few on here. I am quite mechanically minded and in the past have stripped down entire engines and rebuilt them.

I got one of these back in the day brand new...2 stroke..fast as fek...electric start ! Great fun :LOL:

Attachments

• Suzuki-GT185-1979.jpg
    Suzuki-GT185-1979.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 338
I used to be into biking. Strapping a suitcase on the back and going the 200+ miles from here to London. First I had to find a bed-sit for the same night and then a job. Never had to freeze on a park bench thank goodness. On an big BSA. Forgotten it's name, something like Starlight, after a BSA 250. Then onto Yamaha s and cars.

Shooting Star I think it was.

Found a pic of a similiar Shooting Star, same colour too.

Attachments

• BSA.png
    BSA.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 695
I got one of these back in the day brand new...2 stroke..fast as fek...electric start ! Great fun :LOL:

What cc is that? It's not the 750, was it a 400? Was more of a Firebalde, CBR600, Ducati 916 man myself, I recall my older cousins had a couple of those 2 stroke Suzikis in the late 70s or early 80s.

I currently have a BMW R1200 RT which I ride all year round but not as much in Winter. I will take some pictures when I get chance and post a few on here. I am quite mechanically minded and in the past have stripped down entire engines and rebuilt them.

Any time I did that I always had a bolt left over. We always said it was probably a spare one the factory had put in. No elf and safety in those days.

classic rides for 17 year olds in the 70's would be rd's, gt's and kh's

i don't think you can beat the sound of a kh triple howling down the road, an rd with a set of microns sounded cool too!

bikes i wanted

2akgzeh.jpg

250kawa1.jpg

i ended up with

1978-gt250.jpg

thinking back it's quite unbelievable that you could go to the bike dealers, hand over your wad of notes, stick l plates on and off you went :eek:

On holiday years ago in Gozo, we rented a newish car to drive around Malta. When we picked the car up we were amazed how battered it was and had only done 1500 miles on the clock. At the very first roundabout we met someone going round the wrong way. Phew some drivers !!
Nice island though.

That was probably The Hare heading home from the chippy.

What cc is that? It's not the 750, was it a 400? Was more of a Firebalde, CBR600, Ducati 916 man myself, I recall my older cousins had a couple of those 2 stroke Suzikis in the late 70s or early 80s.

No it was only the baby 185cc 1978.

I gave up biking before needing to take a test and graduate to bigger machines, on account of seeing too many m8's have very near misses.

classic rides for 17 year olds in the 70's would be rd's, gt's and kh's

i don't think you can beat the sound of a kh triple howling down the road, an rd with a set of microns sounded cool too!

bikes i wanted

2akgzeh.jpg

250kawa1.jpg

i ended up with

1978-gt250.jpg

thinking back it's quite unbelievable that you could go to the bike dealers, hand over your wad of notes, stick l plates on and off you went :eek:

Exactly ! :LOL: