T2W Bikers Thread

VG,

Yes looks good, one of the issues with a bike that old is getting spares for them. I will post some of my latest when I get round to taking a few pictures.

Lots of push bike riders around here. Some are a hazard in not wearing bright colours. A rider in black for instance in the shade under the trees is hard to spot even when looking for him.
I must say I have never seen a fatty riding around though. Perhaps they were always slim ?

I'm usually lit up like a Christmas tree as well as wearing fluorescent yellow jersey. :)

I don't like the very bright flashing lights used by some cyclists though. End up being blinded by them.

Strangely enough instead of looking away - I usually end up, staring at them. Must have been a fly in my previous life :cry:

I think push bikes will be half the price of motor bikes soon. £3K for a full carbon bike Note the manufacturers RRP. Hmmm time to ditch gold and buy carbon.

Last edited:
Yeah, finding good parts can be a drag, but I've so far been blessed with good retailers around here. Good support for old-ish bikes.

But for real, before getting into bikes I would have said an 80's bike was "old". Now I say if it's in good condition, get one. You're getting some great value for the price. I paid $1000 tops for my GPz, and it used to be a superb race bike back in the day. Still feels like it, too.

I might be getting something more modern down the line just for the electronics, but if you're on a budget, an 80's bike is an awesome choice.