T2W Bikers Thread

You might want to get Steve to modify his rule 3 to include bikes ! (Or better still scrap rule 3 altogether !)

I propose a special fenced off area for bikers. That would stop the riffraff's derailing a serious discussion.

I gave up biking before needing to take a test and graduate to bigger machines, on account of seeing too many m8's have very near misses.

This is no joke. For all the electronics on today's bikes, all it takes is one car doing something stupid and you're flying headfirst towards the pavement.

I've had a good couple misses already -- mostly my fault, though -- but so far it hasn't been enough to discourage me. Bike are just too good to give up. :D

If I had the money, I'd probably be angling for a ZX6R. Great bike, that.

This is no joke. For all the electronics on today's bikes, all it takes is one car doing something stupid and you're flying headfirst towards the pavement.

I've had a good couple misses already -- mostly my fault, though -- but so far it hasn't been enough to discourage me. Bike are just too good to give up. :D

If I had the money, I'd probably be angling for a ZX6R. Great bike, that.

Well I'm sitting outside my current fake IP and people are riding up and down the street with no helmets on, in fact I saw a police man riding past with no helmet. 20 mph crash and its curtains, madness.

For all the electronics on today's bikes, all it takes is one car doing something stupid and you're flying headfirst towards the pavement.

So, now it's all car drivers' fault ? Even so, you shouldn't argue with cars. They have more wheels and more weight. All odds are in their favour.

Only yesterday, I had a biker cutting in front of me maybe 2 meters ahead while I was going 30mph. There was no margin for error, and the slightest mishap and we'd have another minced biker.

So, now it's all car drivers' fault ? Even so, you shouldn't argue with cars. They have more wheels and more weight. All odds are in their favour.

Only yesterday, I had a biker cutting in front of me maybe 2 meters ahead while I was going 30mph. There was no margin for error, and the slightest mishap and we'd have another minced biker.

As always, wise words from Beginner Joe.

Theres always an upside to every situation.

Time in clink for dangerous driving...give us a rest here for a bit !:LOL:

Well I'm sitting outside my current fake IP and people are riding up and down the street with no helmets on, in fact I saw a police man riding past with no helmet. 20 mph crash and its curtains, madness.

That is madness! I may look like a Power Ranger with all my gear and sweat like crazy in the summer, but at least I know I'll be ok in the event of a minor crash.

You have to respect cars, yeah. Trucks especially since the wind sucks you in (the horror!).

But it goes both ways. Car drivers can be really reckless in their little bubbles and not pay attention around them. Not much you can about that as a bike rider.

PB,

You are right I ended up with two bolts left over after re-assembling a GS550 engine. It didn't seem to make any difference though.

Also the Suzuki X7 was a key rival to the Yamaha RD. Imagine now days being able to jump on a bike on your 17th birthday that would easily do 106 mph as was the case with the X7 although I never had one.

As for car drivers causing bikers hazards, well the traditional view is that it is Volvo drivers that are the key culprits.

well the traditional view is that it is Volvo drivers that are the key culprits.

Volvo will never escape the wrath of bikers no matter how much the cars change :LOL:
I'm an armchair biker now, diesel spills and other hazards coupled with
the implications of me being a loon on a bike lead me to the decision it
was in my best interests for longevity...

Still miss it though, last bike I rode was a CR500 supermoto,
maybe that scared the sh1t out of me and made me quit :LOL:

Theres always an upside to every situation.

Time in clink for dangerous driving...give us a rest here for a bit !:LOL:

Sorry cv - dangerous driving is no longer imprisonable in most cases and careless driving can now be dealt with by way of fixed penalty!!

the best dirt bikes look like this

Attachments

• 2013-03-15_1228.png
    2013-03-15_1228.png
    489.6 KB · Views: 1,431
Anybody into green energy - my perspective :)

23rd of January - Victoria Park, London

Attachments

• 2013-01-23 09.31.44.jpg
    2013-01-23 09.31.44.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 246
Dunno if anyone's interested, but I got myself a new mount this week. 1984 Kawi GPz 550:

Love it. Really awesome bike, and it's more or less the grand-daddy of today's modern supersports. I still can't believe it "only" has 65hp. Handles likes a dream, too. Really pleased with the purchase. :cheesy:

Dunno if anyone's interested, but I got myself a new mount this week. 1984 Kawi GPz 550:

Love it. Really awesome bike, and it's more or less the grand-daddy of today's modern supersports. I still can't believe it "only" has 65hp. Handles likes a dream, too. Really pleased with the purchase. :cheesy:

You be careful riding that.
Moderators are thin on the ground !:LOL:

Just came back from Singapore this morning & there's a brand new motorbike on the drive. It appears the wife brought it & if that isn't bad enough there's a bloody childs helmet hanging off it.

I'm taking a hammer to both if they aren't gone by Sunday. Bloody death traps - especially out here where they use karma in place of the highway code.

She knows how I feel - up in the small towns fine but here in the city - no way. Why the hell does she think we have a car that's like a Sherman tank?

Anybody heading over to the TT this year, There has been some fantastic coverage on itv4 the last couple of years.

I used to look after a top riders bike years ago and go to various race meetings, funnily enough, I had no interest in bikes then, ( just the girls :LOL: ) But lately, been feeling the urge to get a bike.

Lots of push bike riders around here. Some are a hazard in not wearing bright colours. A rider in black for instance in the shade under the trees is hard to spot even when looking for him.
I must say I have never seen a fatty riding around though. Perhaps they were always slim ?