T2W and Broadband

hampy

Hi folks,
Installed broadband last week, brilliant, except for accessing this site. Connection and switching threads is slow, probably slower than with the old dial up. Every other site I visit is really quick.
There appears to be no difference in performance if I have other applications open simultaneously.
I'm confused :confused: , help appreciated
hampy

I have the same problem hampy. My dial-up access in the UK to this site was quicker than ADSL in Canada. Bizarre!! I even lost the "profile" button that appears on everyones posts, but its back now. :confused:

I dont know what causes it but perhaps someone else will, sorry.

EDIT : Bizarrely, as I entered this post, the "profile" button has once again dissapeared!

Hampy

I think something must be wrong with T2W servers today as it is taking along time for me also.

I have BT Broadband and it has never been as slow accessing this BB previously.

I wonder if its because more people are using it?

I've noticed this slowing up happening to T2W a few times now. Maybe it's the T2W servers.

I have Broadband and have no probs with other sites or broker.

It's been awful today and really slow at the moment. Getting the speed issue fixed is a top priority, we intend to move to a dedicated server beginning of next year, but in the interim we'll be trying to upgrade the existing database server - which appears to be the bottleneck. Apologies for the slow access.

Using IE seems to be very slow on this BB today, so I've been trying Opera.com as an alternative browser and it does appear to be quicker getting between threads.

Sharky, have we got the new servers yet or is it just my PC or my satellite broadband giving problems, every other sites accessed seems ok?

Hi zebra,

Don't worry it's not just you - unfortunately the site has been running slower since yesterday afternoon. The most likely culprit are the web bots spidering the site - they don't do it that often but when they do you really can feel the site taking the strain.

We've got the new database server in place which has speeded up the site considerably, but its increasingly likely that we'll need to switch to a dedicated server - because the site is busier than ever and performance is only going to get worse.

Once I get a schedule in place I'll let everyone know as there will be some disruption to the service when we move to a new server - that might bring the site down for a few hours or more.

Anyway sorry about the slow running, and glad to hear it's a bit better in opera, I might try that myself.

A number of secure sites used not to accept Opera - has this changed?

I'm wanting to switch to Broadband for a variety of reasons other than trading, but there seems to be a lot of choice out there. I'm tempted by BT but wondered if anyone had any views on other providers. My main criteria is reliability of connection and speed and less than £30 per month.

Also, although you're effectively always connected, is there usually a quota to Gb downloaded and can this be quickly used up by chart streaming applications?

I'm asking this here in the absence of any decent web reviews/comparisons elsewhere.

Have had 512k broadband with Pipex for 2 months now, no probs at all, easy to install, and undercuts it's competitors @ £23.44 per month.
hampy

Yes, Opera as a browser is noticably quicker than IE but you will find some sites dont work with it.

JonnyT

broadband providers review

Hi folks,
Installed broadband last week, brilliant, except for accessing this site. Connection and switching threads is slow, probably slower than with the old dial up. Every other site I visit is really quick.
There appears to be no difference in performance if I have other applications open simultaneously.
I'm confused :confused: , help appreciated
hampy

Hey hi hampy
I know that you are suffering from your internet provider , I want to suggest you that go for review that means now you need a change in your service provider . I've found one broadband service provider , believe me the service they are providing is awesome.
cheap broadband - broadband isp