swingin' the ftse: 2008

That was my entry, too. Great minds think alike. Them Indians have, either, got corns on their feet or lead in their pants this morning.

Stops are lower. I'm safe now.

Don't you get the newspapers down there, Andy? The news is 'orrible, mate :)

Split

lol

good entry you two

:clap::LOL::p

needs some more bad news I think

Fire requires more fuel to keep it in

:red_india

ALL BAD and no where to go

News

Ye, thats what I am worried about

I turn TV on, read even the local paper

ITS BAD

why are we sat up at 5930 fut my Indian wants to now:?: in a holding pattern

He is only a junior Indian and not many feathers, so just looking for careless pale face wandering out alone with hands in pants!

lol

good entry you two

:clap::LOL::p

needs some more bad news I think

Fire requires more fuel to keep it in

You know what's the matter, Andy?

You've gone from SB to a broker. Now you know what I was talking about on the other thread.

F E A R.

It feels safe when you are sitting on your lolly, doesn't it? :LOL:

Split.

No FEAR = Stupid b...ard in my book SPLIT

You know what's the matter, Andy?

You've gone from SB to a broker. Now you know what I was talking about on the other thread.

F E A R.

It feels safe when you are sitting on your lolly, doesn't it? :LOL:

Split.

sure does my friend (y)

Broker just bacs"d me + 10% more for one months part time work
and I left 5% behind to top up the war chest, sorry 4.83%

I am required to stay in the market being scared ****less for

THE REAL MARKET! FOR AN AVERAGE TRADE TIME OF 4.5 MINUTES

Feel as much fear as I like for that amount of time Split, oh just looked ftse still in OH range:sleep::sleep:

Bring it on:red_india

Last edited:
chance for a paleface scalp Split/Barjon

must dash stops are being triggered all over the place

might get a bit of noise to trade off for 4.5 minutes :cheesy:

Time for T

3 min trade

worn out with all that FEAR

going for a cup of T

have a good wk end all and good trading :clover:

thats me done

+ 14 pts total 6.5 mins market exposure/FEAR time :LOL:

if it gets out the top of OH range see it going R2 cash 6032 which is at big R

3 min trade

worn out with all that FEAR

going for a cup of T

have a good wk end all and good trading :clover:

thats me done

+ 14 pts total 6.5 mins market exposure/FEAR time :LOL:

if it gets out the top of OH range see it going R2 cash 6032 which is at big R

I'm more frightened than you, Andy, +9 points. Mucho miedo ( and mierda, db! :))

Split

Oh - very good! I guess I was asking for that. Actually, I think I got off rather lightly. Glad everyone's having fun.
Tim.

your educated tim, saw your post on spanish thread:clap:

what does above Split post say :?:

hes probably gone out by now and

I WANT TO NOW NOW :LOL:

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

remembered Google translate :cheesy:

much FEAR and errrrrrr S...t db

that can not be right !

cheers for education db, its just SPLIT to old to educate, must have caught that english infection :p

1 indian in

short with sb at mar price 5980

just one 1 indian to see how he gets on

Stop at BE, how can your timeing be so good close up and so bad longer :confused:

anyway BE Stop, no damage being done while I am away, looking for Dow to go out the bottom of OH range or I am taking cricket bat home :cheesy: if it does :p

I will keep him in over wk end and be reading my newspapers looking for new bad news:-0

Last edited:
Stop +10

cant help myself :)

arrrrrrrrrrr just have to take it, :)

Dow not going through yet, and seems a shame t watch it vanish

out at +36pts

think I should go and start the quick fire scalp thread:eek: well it was a little swing...was"nt it :?:

Last edited:
Make your mind up

1 :red_india in with sb mar price 6007

full war party = 5 :red_india = 2.5% risk if all in play, looking for re-test of.....err

Lower down

timing spot on again :(

blimey, pinky - shouldn't have mentioned day trading :innocent:

out most of day and found short stopped out at b/e when i got back - close above 6000 :whistling maybe swing trend change back to up if it holds on monday.

have a good w/end y'all

jon

Hi jon -

I agree: the 6000 +close could mean a lot. So many people (professionals and amateurs alike) view the market with a weekly perspective. Next week begins with the market above 6000 after a few scarey weeks and it will draw in much new cash. Most of this is probably destined to be burned when the primary downtrend (still in place as I see it) resumes with a vengance.

I also keep a close eye on the S&P and this is also encouraging for the bulls. It is just 6pts shy of 1400 and must try for this century number Monday. This week saw it take out the worst two 2007 lows of March and August, and the November low is not far away at 1406. It also yesterday closed above the 38.2% Fibonacci retracement from the recent low 22/01 back to its all-time high of 11/10/07.
Should be another bumpy week.

Last edited:
Hi people -

If it suits anyone's style of trading you might be interested that the Dow candlestick formation at its close correctly signposted what the FTSE would do at the next open 4 times out of 5 this week. I traded all these moves and on 2 of the successful occasions it well exceeded my target level. As opening moves are often going to be vigorous (even if direction later reverses) I think this raises interesting possibilities. I have found FTSE swing trading to be a mixed bag in the past as positions are sometimes only triggered late in the the London session and this is so often stranded by the action of the Dow later that evening. It seems that it should be possible to make an adequate daily profit before breakfast on the FTSE correction and then get out. But maybe everyone is doing that already???

For Monday, in early trade -

The FTSE100 printed a big gap up yesterday, I am supposing driven by its over-weighting towards certain sectors rather than wider fundamentals (though the 250 was equally buoyant). I don't see this pace as being sustainable and early weakness on Monday seems likely, leading to a drop of 60-150pts, though we should recover whatever we lose later in the day / few days. Some juicy M&A stories over the weekend will knock out this prediction but I will be organising a sell order for Monday am, I don't want to be a buyer at this level (though maybe only until we have tested a new low below 6000 and rallied again).

I would not be disappointed if M&A rumours cause London to bubble up through the week - it will just make the eventual fall that much more appetising.

Have a good weekend.

But......................

1 :red_india in with sb mar price 6007

full war party = 5 :red_india = 2.5% risk if all in play, looking for re-test of.....err

Lower down

timing spot on again :(

Hi all

left :red_india in, he is sat 31pts wrong, but :LOL::LOL:

had the +36 and +10 earlier on which I took off table so sat about square with sbs on this project, looking to...............

make it up as I go as per usual :eek:

sbs have us marked up a few pts over the 50% pullback level @ 6030 ish

Barjon swing to up ..... see what you mean but ..fav word at the minute :LOL: I don"t no, we are well under 250 area, could see a shake move to 6250 ish over 2-3 sessions, that would take us to the goldon one 61.80% which lines up nice with manual S&R locations and previous supply areas which we have yet to re-visit.

Dow zig zagged friday with a bit of a mark up over the previous days high, nothing special given merger news.

Fly in Bear ointment is China"s waiting cash reserves, sure they would rather pay less for whatever they want later on at Knock down prices, :?:.............

unless of course it effects them directly right now, ie: Rio - Tinto and there requirement for all those nice raw materials.

will check out early trade monday if it looks like we are staying over last weeks high :mad: then will consider bringing indian home and hope to re-deploy him at higher mentioned levels. If it gaps him bad, I will sit on him till 1st reaction and see how it plays out. (no problem to hold 1 indian wrong by a lot before he gets anyware near 2.5% risk) might even consider one average entry higher up :eek::-0

good trading all next week :clover:

month week day 1 hr charts

Charts

Attachments

• FTSE 100 month (22-JAN-08).png
    FTSE 100 month (22-JAN-08).png
    6.7 KB · Views: 213
  • FTSE 100week (22-JAN-08).png
    FTSE 100week (22-JAN-08).png
    7.3 KB · Views: 185
  • FTSE 100 Daily (22-JAN-08).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (22-JAN-08).png