swing + position trading easier than scalping?

bangzilla

Ive often read that trading on longer time frames (ie days, weeks) instead of intraday is usually easier and a good place to start for beginners.

can anyone explain why this might be?

Possible answers
1) You don't have to pay attention the whole time
2) Less pressure to make split second decisions
3) Room for error; entries don't have to be pin point accurate; swinging uses bigger stops
4) Things move slower when you zoom out to higher time frames so more time to plan your move
5) Emotions are less likely to make you take rash decisions

Ive often read that trading on longer time frames (ie days, weeks) instead of intraday is usually easier and a good place to start for beginners.

can anyone explain why this might be?

The good thing about trading higher time frames is that it is less likely that you will overtrade your account.
Over trading is a way to ruin for many and by staying disciplined on a longer time frame you are less apt to overtrade your way to ruin.

You buy it as an investment. If you're sitting on a loss for years, it's an investment, innit.

swing trading is hard as you normally have to have a fundamental opinion on the markets direction as apposed to JUST following price action

Hmmm maybe depends on your charting system. I know these retail charts I use aren't very fond of showing any gaps aside from stocks.

loads of pish! look at most of the major futures markets u will find they all fail!

When you say they fail, in what way? Is it in the sense that if you tried to trade them, your stop loss would be taken out ie loads of whipsawing as it tests a level that would deem it a success/failure?

I would argue it's no easier. If anything you have longer to overanalyse the situation and come to the wrong conclusion. Although you are probably less likely to make reaction/revenge trades when you crystalise losses.

But in terms of making a profit - no easier. Results are instant with scalping. Results are frustratingly slow swing trading, it's not for people who are impatient by nature.