Swing and Position Trading

Morning Rex,

By good i guess you mean good for going Long. I like this chart if only for a short move back to the recent 2350 area. It now has a recent trendline touch on its short term movement. The overall market is starting to rebound a little so it's inline with the broader market movement which helps. And the channel the stock moves in isn't too bad either in terms of volatility.

I dont think there's any problem attempting to re-enter a stock if you haven't quite got the timing right first time. I've done that on quite a few occasions. As long as your first loss is small and if there's been a further shake out, I have no problem re-entering if I believe the trade is still on. I find if I'm making more than 2 attempts, then I have to question whether its actually worth it. By then its probably not the setup I thought it could be. If your trading plan/system is still saying this is a valid entry setup then it shouldn't matter that it's the same stock.

:)

Last edited:
well it didn't close above the previous high - so again we're not on.

The USA tanked today so are we reverting to down options? you'd think so, but as ever there's potentially something else in the mix - the Asian markets are up about 1%. mmm - I'd stay with the down candidates at the minute and there's plenty of them

EasyJet and Sainsbury on my downlist amongst others.

quick scan of US - Exelon corporation - down

Last edited:
Thomas Cook Group is in and around the areas for shorts that i like.

Had a false upside breakout 2 days ago, then large downward move yesterday on nearly triple average volume.

Techst@ - hope you were on Thomas cook - absolute blinder - 8.2% down in one session.:clap:

my calls are okay at the minute, hopefully they'll develop (no money on table at the minute though).

EasyJet 2.85% down - was 3.3% at 11.30am. :)

Sainsbury - 0.75% up - (against me at moment) :confused:
Exelon - 0,3% up (against me at the moment):confused:

Come on techst@ - be good all the time, I'll pay to follow if your that good now!

Good luck -

Yeah TCG was 116.30 bid when i wrote that quick reply on here, returned to the quote screen and it was down to 114 already :)

If you go study that chart, it's a really clear example of the majority being caught/trapped on the wrong side.

I wish I was that good all the time! haha. I'm trying to not talk about open positions though really. By the time I've entered the trade, updated my log, screen captured and detailed it all in my journal I don't really wanna spend the time writing up a lengthy post here aswell when I could be out of it the next day. I'd then have to justify it here on why I exited it with another post lol

I'm happy to chat about your positions though haha ;)

Last edited:
Hello

Hi techst@,

I would be interested in following a thread like this. I'm trading the DOW, capturing swings across a few time frames and it would be useful to broaden knowledge across individual stocks, US/UK or both. Looking forward to the discussion...do you have a favourite UK stock?

Hi Simon

How you doing?

Would be very interested in finding out more about your swing trading strategy on the Dow please?

Thanks so much
Rehan

Hi peeps

I'm still alive and trading, just thought I'd bump my old thread and prehaps post some charts if I get some response (y)