Stop Losses

I raised my stop loss to 50 points and the market still cheated me
Raised it to 100 points and now all the banks, hedge funds and private investors got in on the action took my 100 points and then went the way I originally expected

Who taught you to use stops?Bucket shop accomplice?

Who taught you to use stops?Bucket shop accomplice?
A 7YR NECRO POST
1un6lu.jpg

I am preparing to read the misinformation that already exists.I did not know the traders here were so clueless ,that they disapeared.

It's becoming apparent what is happening. You are going to put every youtube misinformation video on this forum. So my original assessment was accurate. A stooge.

It's becoming apparent what is happening. You are going to put every youtube misinformation video on this forum. So my original assessment was accurate. A stooge.

I want to become hindsight results gif baboon and post gifs

Attachments

• hindsight.gif
    hindsight.gif
    57.1 KB · Views: 96
  • baboon.gif
    baboon.gif
    866.2 KB · Views: 5,036
Let's face it...

mental or hard, stop losses that are strictly enforced are the only guarantee you have that you will be able to participate in the earning opportunities that markets offer you another day.

Losses are nothing more than a cost of doing business as a trader.

The single most important reason most people are net losers is because they never learn to accept that losses are part and parcel of trading.

One of the most successful traders in New Market Wizards, Bill Lipshutz, was "right" in his trades no more than 20, 30% of the time, which did not stop him turning in one of the top net performances at his bank for years and years.

Let go of the individual trade as the absolutely meaningless event that it is, only focus on your long term edge, let go of wanting to be right, and concentrate instead on wanting to be as net profitable as you can.

evidence of clueless psychologically defective trader.

Bill lipschutz never used stops and the post shines of illiteracy about trading psychology.

Attachments

• mega  face palm.gif
    mega face palm.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
evidence of clueless psychologically defective trader.

Bill lipschutz never used stops and the post shines of illiteracy about trading psychology.

One of the problems in dredging up very old threads is that you don't really know who you are dealing with. Unfortunately for you BSD was one of the provenly good traders knocking about on T2W at the time. He'd knock your trading into a cocked hat - not that you actually put any money down of course.

If you've read the thread I hope you were impressed by the quality of the contributions - whether or not you agree with them. A far cry from the mud slinging, point scoring crap we mostly have to put up with today :( .

One of the problems in dredging up very old threads is that you don't really know who you are dealing with. Unfortunately for you BSD was one of the provenly good traders knocking about on T2W at the time. He'd knock your trading into a cocked hat - not that you actually put any money down of course.

If you've read the thread I hope you were impressed by the quality of the contributions - whether or not you agree with them. A far cry from the mud slinging, point scoring crap we mostly have to put up with today :( .

I'd agree with that. BSD was an excellent contributor and it's a shame that he no longer posts.

The posts are O K but lack that quality edge , still better than the 99 % of forum content.

The posts are O K but lack that quality edge , still better than the 99 % of forum content.

This is my problem with YOU.
You talk as though you have an edge and make money.
You lose money and i very much doubt that you have ever had a yr in profit.
so you are talking sh@@.
so lets be clear
1-you are a poor trader and you lose money
2-you talk as though you make it ??????????????????????????????????????????
4uw5.jpg

this bit alarmed me!

Fair dos to a point but if you get caught at a trend change or worse fighting trend you could carried out on a stretcher!:eek:

From what youve said so far this might be better called "How can i find better entries?";).
Theres no magic number that will work in a given tf or instrument, echoing whats already been said you should be looking for the door at the "seeing my position turn against me bit".
Ive recently changed from the tight hard stop thing. Now I set a disaster avoidance stop for the un4seen bigwig opening his gob etc. and monitor my position. From here Id expect to see prices heading in the intended direction, if they dont then I exit for as close to be as poss. Its working alarmingly well atm and cant really see me going back.

One thing i would say is I wouldnt recomend this strat for noobs or nailbiters!

Edit:- Forgot to say that i love to bring stops to BE asap, I love the im this position for free feeling! :sneaky:. I used to get upset being stopped be! At the time i should of being getting upset for trading AT! lol... Wot a wally!:p

Option premiums are cheaper , as an alternative to stops , than getting taken out of very high probability entries.This is loss aversion trading , you are not ready for risk of loss.

BTW .Good rebates on options:cheesy:

I wouldn't know. I never looked into the stooging business. But I imagine the payout would be in monthly lump sums for easy administration.

What barjon believes is no worst than your crap. 100 points £5000 per week wasn't it ?

one can trade without stop losses but he needs to be good at what he is doing.......when a trader take trades in the direction of the least resistance the trade might go against him but then it will come back at least to entry point.

Doing so one will have a great percentage of winning trades......of course one has to have a limit when he is proven wrong and that limit can be wide enough for trades to come back most of the time.....

But some will slip away......when it gets to that limit one can hedge......hedging will not solve the losing trade but can give us time to make decisions at important levels and some gains can be made by balancing the loss out....

you winning trades must justify the costs of the one which slips away....to make enough, the risk of that limit has to high.....

another option is not to have your stop close to the entry but at a level further behind...... still you need to know what you are doing.

Last edited:
I wouldn't know. I never looked into the stooging business. But I imagine the payout would be in monthly lump sums for easy administration.

What barjon believes is no worst than your crap. 100 points £5000 per week wasn't it ?

yeah ! evertime the bucket goes for stops you get a bonus , 50 % of bucket profit from trade ,it is bigger than rebates.

But every month the traders disappear , so rebate gravy disappears every month.