Stop Losses

yeah ! evertime the bucket goes for stops you get a bonus , 50 % of bucket profit from trade ,it is bigger than rebates.

But every month the traders disappear , so rebate gravy disappears every month.

My merchant instincts would pay at most £100 per month for your level of stooging skills. You are unconvincing, so you don't worth more.

this bit alarmed me!

Fair dos to a point but if you get caught at a trend change or worse fighting trend you could carried out on a stretcher!:eek:

From what youve said so far this might be better called "How can i find better entries?";).
Theres no magic number that will work in a given tf or instrument, echoing whats already been said you should be looking for the door at the "seeing my position turn against me bit".
Ive recently changed from the tight hard stop thing. Now I set a disaster avoidance stop for the un4seen bigwig opening his gob etc. and monitor my position. From here Id expect to see prices heading in the intended direction, if they dont then I exit for as close to be as poss. Its working alarmingly well atm and cant really see me going back.

One thing i would say is I wouldnt recomend this strat for noobs or nailbiters!

Edit:- Forgot to say that i love to bring stops to BE asap, I love the im this position for free feeling! :sneaky:. I used to get upset being stopped be! At the time i should of being getting upset for trading AT! lol... Wot a wally!:p

Interesting to some of your own posts from 10 odd years ago. Was just starting to wake up here :LOL:

My merchant instincts would pay at most £100 per month for your level of stooging skills. You are unconvincing, so you don't worth more.

This is what I reckon Barjon makes from 100 ticks a week

100 ticks a week @£50 , makes £5,000 a week , on 100,000 .After 20 weeks , you have 200,000 and make £10,000 per week , after 20 weeks you have 300,000 and make £15,000 per week , after 30 weeks he has £600,000 and makes £30,000 a week , by end of year he got 1.2 million and £60,000 a week.

But first he has to make 100 ticks a week , with very tight stops for the buckets.There is no need to criticize my attempt to make 100 ticks a week.

I asm also trying to be like Barjon.

one can trade without stop losses but he needs to be good at what he is doing.......when a trader take trades in the direction of the least resistance the trade might go against him but then it will come back at least to entry point.

Doing so one will have a great percentage of winning trades......of course one has to have a limit when he is proven wrong and that limit can be wide enough for trades to come back most of the time.....

But some will slip away......when it gets to that limit one can hedge......hedging will not solve the losing trade but can give us time to make decisions at important levels and some gains can be made by balancing the loss out....

you winning trades must justify the costs of the one which slips away....

to make enough, the risk of that limit has to high.....

another option is not to have your stop close to the entry but at a level further behind , still you need to know what you are doing.

Can also manage a position fug. Ie youre playing long in a falling prices, you can spit your position up into units and seek value wit each. Ie buy 70 60 50 40 30 20, close out (at profit or loss) 60 70 80, buy 30 20 10 00 etc etc. By managing size you can defend and improve your position until the move or favourable place trade out.

Can also manage a position fug. Ie youre playing long in a falling prices, you can spit your position up into units and seek value wit each. Ie buy 70 60 50 40 30 20, close out (at profit or loss) 60 70 80, buy 30 20 10 00 etc etc. By managing size you can defend and improve your position until the move or favourable place trade out.

You'd definitely make more being a math teacher.

If you've read the thread I hope you were impressed by the quality of the contributions - whether or not you agree with them. A far cry from the mud slinging, point scoring crap we mostly have to put up with today :( .
Sigh, too true.

I am glad Barjon believes somebody can make 55,000 % a year .

BTW .Good rebates on options:cheesy:

There you go, misrepresenting again :( . I have never said that or believed that.

You referred to a thread that BSD started that merely drew attention to an apparently verified performance by some wonderkind or another. No idea whether it turned out to be fair dinkum or not, or just some lucky gambling. I'd plump for the latter.

interesting I need to look into that.....what about when you do not enter against the trend but with it? You add more at each step? and how?

This is what I reckon Barjon makes from 100 ticks a week

100 ticks a week @£50 , makes £5,000 a week , on 100,000 .After 20 weeks , you have 200,000 and make £10,000 per week , after 20 weeks you have 300,000 and make £15,000 per week , after 30 weeks he has £600,000 and makes £30,000 a week , by end of year he got 1.2 million and £60,000 a week.

But first he has to make 100 ticks a week , with very tight stops for the buckets.There is no need to criticize my attempt to make 100 ticks a week.

I asm also trying to be like Barjon.

....and you continue your misrepresentations :rolleyes:.

interesting I need to look into that.....what about when you do not enter against the trend but with it? You add more at each step? and how?

You could learn to be content with what you have. The markets are full of opportunities. It's not necessary to chase every boat. Easier just get on the next one.

You could learn to be content with what you have. The markets are full of opportunities. It's not necessary to chase every boat. Easier just get on the next one.

I see...but I prefer to make good when I am right......I guess one has to find a why which suits his personality.......but the idea has merit for sure....

In my experience I also used a semi martingale method.....often with only + 3-5pips gain I could pocket about 4-5% per day especially in a range day where prices where bouncing in a tight gap.

I see...but I prefer to make good when I am right......I guess one has to find a why which suits his personality.......but the idea has merit for sure....

In my experience I also used a semi martingale method.....often with only + 3-5pips gain I could pocket about 4-5% per day especially in a range day where prices where bouncing in a tight gap.

You prefer because you are seeing too few opportunities. That doesn't mean they are not there.

4-5% a day is more impressive than what foroom claims to be able to do.