Stop Losses

Just a quick heads up for pat and anyone else. :D

6099-darktone-albums-general-8-picture4942-wonker.jpg

Gee this thread kicked off and it's not even 10am in the UK.

Like to read it later at 10pm.

No, what I'd prefer to do is to talk about strategies, analysis and experiences as well as just enjoy some everyday conversation.

What would you find more interesting - a bald post saying long ftse @ 7420 or a post
explaining the strategy that would give rise to such an entry? You will, however, try to score clever points from whatever I say so I expect you will concoct a fancy reply :LOL:

You can certainly do all those things you want to do after a call out. I don't see what else there is to do after taking a position. I am quite sure foroom will be happy to keep you company all day long should you need it.

A "barjon call outs" thread will be quite popular around here, not least from those looking for some lulz. I don't know how connected you are to t2w now. But if you make a success of the thread, it will be good for t2w and good for your stake in the business. It will also be good for the beginners who will actually learn something from a live example. It will also allow others to assess where you are coming from. Otherwise, why should anyone take you seriously when you ask for a constructive discussion, and they don't know what you can bring to the table ?

Learn to trade without them pat. A stop order seeks loss, theres no getting away from it.

Where are you getting this sh*t from ? One of these days, you are going to get hit by a freight train and all of your £100 account will be gone.

You can certainly do all those things you want to do after a call out. I don't see what else there is to do after taking a position. I am quite sure foroom will be happy to keep you company all day long should you need it.

A "barjon call outs" thread will be quite popular around here, not least from those looking for some lulz. I don't know how connected you are to t2w now. But if you make a success of the thread, it will be good for t2w and good for your stake in the business. It will also be good for the beginners who will actually learn something from a live example. It will also allow others to assess where you are coming from. Otherwise, why should anyone take you seriously when you ask for a constructive discussion, and they don't know what you can bring to the table ?

...and I wasn't disappointed :LOL:

Learn to trade without them pat. A stop order seeks loss, theres no getting away from it.

Absolutely, darkie. I know my expectation of losing and I don't care about it as long as I only lose a set amount. It's the only thing I can control (bar black swans). Managing my way out of trouble as you do is far too uncertain for me.

Man up is all I can say. Even piphoe can do it. See how he went from a crying wreck to a profitable trader in a matter of weeks ?

Even darkie. He now fancies himself being enlightened.

If you want to know how I trade read my Trading as a Business article. That should give you enough to chew on and spout a bit of bile. You could even test it for yourself, I'll fill in any gaps if you wish :)

Absolutely, darkie. I know my expectation of losing and I don't care about it as long as I only lose a set amount. It's the only thing I can control (bar black swans). Managing my way out of trouble as you do is far too uncertain for me.
I understand where youre coming from jon, I know its not for everyone, very few probably. Id add the tho that other thing you can control is your size. Its a fallacy that you have to be big relative to your account in order to make money trading.
I see a stop as uncertain. Getting out at the price is the best outcome you can hope for. Every now an then you get a wee whack o slippage, but theres always that possibility of the game ending WHACK.

Anyways, always good to come on here and have a measure up against the profeessionals :D

6099-darktone-albums-general-8-picture4954-reality.jpg

XX7GzER.gif

I understand where youre coming from jon, I know its not for everyone, very few probably. Id add the tho that other thing you can control is your size. Its a fallacy that you have to be big relative to your account in order to make money trading.
I see a stop as uncertain. Getting out at the price is the best outcome you can hope for. Every now an then you get a wee whack o slippage, but theres always that possibility of the game ending WHACK.

Yes, controlling the loss amount is a combination of stop level and position size. Slippage is always a possibility but I can't say I've suffered from it unduly over the years - good job I wasn't holding Provident this week, though.

You'll also suffer from such an instant movement won't you? A bigger hole to manage out of :)

Yes, controlling the loss amount is a combination of stop level and position size. Slippage is always a possibility but I can't say I've suffered from it unduly over the years - good job I wasn't holding Provident this week, though.

You'll also suffer from such an instant movement won't you? A bigger hole to manage out of :)

why get in a hole in the first place ?Don't you tink that is a dumb strategy?

I never get negative slippage only positive slippage , cause I can control my exact entry .Getting slippage is also dumb.

No, what I'd prefer to do is to talk about strategies, analysis and experiences as well as just enjoy some everyday conversation.

What would you find more interesting - a bald post saying long ftse @ 7420 or a post
explaining the strategy that would give rise to such an entry? You will, however, try to score clever points from whatever I say so I expect you will concoct a fancy reply :LOL:

This is also dumb idea , I know exactly what levels I am going to trade at , before the entry .

Not having a fixed method is also dumb , because you are sucked into the market on emotions and unbalanced MINDSET.

If you want to know how I trade read my Trading as a Business article. That should give you enough to chew on and spout a bit of bile. You could even test it for yourself, I'll fill in any gaps if you wish :)

It's easier if you trade your system yourself since you are already familiar with it. It will save on the later blame pushing if I were to use your method and fail.

It's not hard at all. Just say long abc @ 123.45 x 9999 units. Won't take a jiffy.

I am not into articles or news. If people can get value from those, it should be self evident from their called out successes. I haven't seen any obvious ones. If I did, I wouldn't be asking you for call outs.

Trading shouldn't just be theoretical as the curve fitters like to have it. It must pass the market's test through the gauntlet of the hungry and ruthless profit seeking merchants. Therefore calling out and taking actual positions is a necessary part of validating any method. In fact I find I am able to defeat any method by taking a real position on the caller's behalf.

Last edited: