stock market crash on the way spring/summer 2012?

Gripping read.

BBC News - FTSE 100 bosses' pay 'rose 11% last year'

I was listening to some debate and an established lady of high finance responded to a question - what can the shareholders do to refrain these awards came the reply;

Well we don't want these companies micro managed and it should be left to the numeration committee to decide salary and bonuses.

Helllooooo anybody in there..... ????

Numeration committees are the people who got us into this mess and they in turn have their salaries determined by the ******s they reward.

This is why I have been shorting Barclays stock. I would strongly recommend that all Barclays shareholders start dumping the stock before their real exposure to the European crises becomes clear.

Send a scud missile up Diamonds rectum coupled with all these stinky old executive farts who wreck the UK economy and the FTSE comps.

Power to the People and all that ;)

The markets have done nothing but crash and will continue to crash. The Dowjones for example holds zero of the original 30 stocks. 50% of the Dow has been replaced in the past few decades, if the Dow was priced using original stocks, the value would be worthless, if it was valued based off it's listings from a the 60's it would be worthless.
When the market dropped massively in 2001, the parameters were changed to keep stocks from having to be de-listed or else it would have immediately tanked.
These indices we follow are nothing more than a showroom for big time corporations. The powers that be keep the indices moving up by dropping the losers, then replacing them with an up and coming business. Giving the illusion that the markets are always moving up.
Just research it, you will be left in awe at how false it is.

The markets are going to begin their downward slide when the US presidential nominations are released, along with the first debates, exactly like 2008 played out.
Don't plan on them coming back either, this time is for real. If you're still in this market, go ahead and kiss your a-s good bye. This is nothing more than a game for idiots and chumps.

Have a good week :)

The markets have done nothing but crash and will continue to crash. The Dowjones for example holds zero of the original 30 stocks. 50% of the Dow has been replaced in the past few decades, if the Dow was priced using original stocks, the value would be worthless, if it was valued based off it's listings from a the 60's it would be worthless.
When the market dropped massively in 2001, the parameters were changed to keep stocks from having to be de-listed or else it would have immediately tanked.
These indices we follow are nothing more than a showroom for big time corporations. The powers that be keep the indices moving up by dropping the losers, then replacing them with an up and coming business. Giving the illusion that the markets are always moving up.
Just research it, you will be left in awe at how false it is.

The markets are going to begin their downward slide when the US presidential nominations are released, along with the first debates, exactly like 2008 played out.
Don't plan on them coming back either, this time is for real. If you're still in this market, go ahead and kiss your a-s good bye. This is nothing more than a game for idiots and chumps.

Have a good week :)

geez you are more bearish than me. :LOL:

I just pulled up a monthly chart of the FTSE and I tell you it is ugly. once the 5500 level is cleared I can see it reaching 4800 very easily. If 4775 is breached then that's where we start getting into armagedon territory a market dominated by fear, a breach of this level would leave us very exposed down to the 3800 level. Next stop the 3500 levels of 2003 and 2009 if those technical levels are breached there will be complete chaos. The sort of chaos where nobody can place a true value on anything, where property and equity markets are on their knees. If it reaches this level it would need a complete system reset, we are talking capital controls, police state the full shebang. scary stuff.

anyway back to present day the upcoming technical levels of 5500 FTSE and 6368 DAX, 1339 S&P if these blow stage 1 will be complete.:cool:

The greece default will be the catalyst for a huge downmove possibly Mr Hollande saying france will spend its way out and **** germany. The scariest thing is the way the markets have reacted to the Greece vote, I remember talking 1 / 2 years ago on T2W about how we could make money out of greece, 'smart' people were saying its all priced in, it's too late. Now you can see what utter to5h that is. Analysts have been running around saying a greek default is inevitable but one dodgy vote and the market plunge, none of this is priced in i tell you. We simply dont know the knock on effects. When the US people start to realise the FED is actually a private company which charges the US treasury interest on loans the game will be up. oops sorry we stitched you up for 100 years.

Last edited:
well thats FTSE 5500 blown, just need confirmation from the DAX to go through 6368. if US markets open bearish could be a black wednesday.

That dreaded word is beginning to crop up again. The word is hyper-inflation where a loaf of bread costs a month's wages.

Those so*dding politicians just aren't solving the problem. It is getting worse and worse.

Back in the old days when the Royal Navy had a bad setback they hanged the Admiral.
Everyone is so soppy these days the do-gooders/bleeding heart lot would be all over anybody that had the bal*ls to suggest a proper remedy. While fatcats are busy filling their pockets with public money.

That dreaded word is beginning to crop up again. The word is hyper-inflation where a loaf of bread costs a month's wages.

Those so*dding politicians just aren't solving the problem. It is getting worse and worse.

Back in the old days when the Royal Navy had a bad setback they hanged the Admiral.
Everyone is so soppy these days the do-gooders/bleeding heart lot would be all over anybody that had the bal*ls to suggest a proper remedy. While fatcats are busy filling their pockets with public money.

I heard somewhere that 3m people are classed as disabled in the UK and claim 10bn in benefits.

I reckon this statistic is a lie and that there are 3m people with disabled parking badge permits instead.

I recall in another thread there was an idiot claiming that inflation > Interest rates was the proper remedy. So you think 'it' (the Economy?) is getting worse and worse? So do I...oh well...

hmm, not so sure,when all looks bleak,what normally happens,sure to be lots of action in next few days,but staying away from euro trades

Currently in Spain on a short break. Article in the local canary islands newspaper it talking about capital controls being introduced. A LOT of empty property. No border checks / immigration, first time I have been abroad without even the obligatory waive through.

I recall in another thread there was an idiot claiming that inflation > Interest rates was the proper remedy. So you think 'it' (the Economy?) is getting worse and worse? So do I...oh well...

You need to stop waving your hand bag all over the place and leave luggage behind dear ol NT :)

What ever you or I say or do is of no consequence. Inflation Rates are >>>> Interest Rates. Are they not?

Let it go.

Stand up and shake your arms vigorously in the air and all around you to shrug off all those pent up negative feelings.

Here is a lil somefing for mi fiend...

When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree
There will be an answer, let it be
For though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will see

And when the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on me
Shine until tomorrow, let it be
I wake up to the sound of music, Mother Mary comes to me
Let it be, let it be, let it be, yeah, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, yeah, let it be

Enjoy all that you do... :)

stage 1 complete. FTSE now in freefall - 4800-4900 is easily doable by month end. a breach of 4775 would be very nasty. It was good to see the bearish move in Gold reversed today on the daily chart, an inverse move to equities.

geez you are more bearish than me. :LOL:

I just pulled up a monthly chart of the FTSE and I tell you it is ugly. once the 5500 level is cleared I can see it reaching 4800 very easily. If 4775 is breached then that's where we start getting into armagedon territory a market dominated by fear, a breach of this level would leave us very exposed down to the 3800 level. Next stop the 3500 levels of 2003 and 2009 if those technical levels are breached there will be complete chaos. The sort of chaos where nobody can place a true value on anything, where property and equity markets are on their knees. If it reaches this level it would need a complete system reset, we are talking capital controls, police state the full shebang. scary stuff.

anyway back to present day the upcoming technical levels of 5500 FTSE and 6368 DAX, 1339 S&P if these blow stage 1 will be complete.:cool:

The greece default will be the catalyst for a huge downmove possibly Mr Hollande saying france will spend its way out and **** germany. The scariest thing is the way the markets have reacted to the Greece vote, I remember talking 1 / 2 years ago on T2W about how we could make money out of greece, 'smart' people were saying its all priced in, it's too late. Now you can see what utter to5h that is. Analysts have been running around saying a greek default is inevitable but one dodgy vote and the market plunge, none of this is priced in i tell you. We simply dont know the knock on effects. When the US people start to realise the FED is actually a private company which charges the US treasury interest on loans the game will be up. oops sorry we stitched you up for 100 years.

stage 1 complete. FTSE now in freefall - 4800-4900 is easily doable by month end. a breach of 4775 would be very nasty. It was good to see the bearish move in Gold reversed today on the daily chart, an inverse move to equities.

Question is how far will this second dip go??? Not too far imho.

Everyone will be looking for bargains unlike before. Yes some falls for sure but not too much as Uncle Sam is already coming over to help out the 'old' Europe - C'est la vie - wot not?

Euro dropping to 1.20 should help. ;)

I think all this talking down of currencies should stop. Reminds me of Monty Python sketch about living in a shoe. :whistling

Yes, yes. What's everyone's prediction? How far and how long will they fall? Appropriate conversation for this thread.