Starting with stocks

p0box4

Hello guy's,

I am a futures day trader making a nice return.
For a few weeks i have been back testing and forward testing the same strategy in stocks with great success.

For stocks i use the daily time frame chart and most of the trades are held for a few days up to a few weeks, both shorts and longs.

Since i have absolutely 0 experience with stocks i am not sure how to start.

Are there any decent and reliable brokers out there that offer demo accounts for stock trading? I want to test my strategy a bit more before i am going to go live.

All hints, broker suggestions and other advise are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,

To my personal opininon, you can start with Interactive Brokers - they offer platform with stocks, futures and even options (on stocks and futures). Their demo accounts works absolutely the same as real, so you can even download your statements.
By the way, which software do you use for backtesting?

Hi,

To my personal opininon, you can start with Interactive Brokers - they offer platform with stocks, futures and even options (on stocks and futures). Their demo accounts works absolutely the same as real, so you can even download your statements.
By the way, which software do you use for backtesting?

Thanks for the reply.
IB is not for me, i hate their platform.

I am currently doing some demo transactions via Metatrader since there are plenty of brokers that offer stock quotes, however this is nothing like the real deal.

Since i live in Belgium i am interested in Bolero however they do not offer a demo account. Not even if i would open a live account.

Any other brokers out there that offer demo account for stock trading?