Metastock - "Explorations" Advice welcome

Chorlton

Established member
Hello All,

As a newbie to trading, I have recently started using Metastock and currently find it quite overwhelming !!! So many features !!! :-/

My question (if anyone can help) is with the Explorations. There are soooo many of them, can anyone advise which ones (if any) are the best to start filtering the data with.

Once I get started, I'll then be happy to apply new explorations and test them out individually but at the moment I don't really know where to start.

PS I'm going to trade LSE stocks & i'm hoping to keep them for between a few days & a few weeks before selling.

Any help appreciated..............

ADvice

Hello Chorlton

Metastock goes take time to "get into". I strongly recommend reading the shorter manuals as a start.

Most Explorations that are provided have matching System tests set up. I suggest running the whole lot against FTSE 250, say, over a good long period.

This is likely to show some that do well, with most doing poorly or very badly. This will point to which you could use/refine.

You are best to understand how any system you are using works, rather than treating it as a black box. Two reasons for this:
1. if you are going to refine it you need to know how it works.
2. Chances are if it works well now it will not at some point in the future. This can be very disconcerting if you don't know what happens under the bonnet.

Best of luck.

....sorry somehow your message with link did not appear when I saw it just now....??

strange....I get this quite often...the messages appaer after i refresh twice...!!

Thanks to all you guys for your help & advice...... This site is definately one of the best for educations & help!!

Once again, thanks & be lucky.................................

the CDROM format is a good one for learning as you can see what to do. The one equis produce are good but quite pricey.
There is a bloke in the USA who has made a set of 3 CDROM's for metastock, from memory I paid about £20 including postage . Incredible value !
I bought mine off ebay but I think he also sell direct
try www.metastocktraining.com or longorshort.com
hope this helps
where do you get your data from ?

kagi said:
the CDROM format is a good one for learning as you can see what to do. The one equis produce are good but quite pricey.
There is a bloke in the USA who has made a set of 3 CDROM's for metastock, from memory I paid about £20 including postage . Incredible value !
I bought mine off ebay but I think he also sell direct
try www.metastocktraining.com or longorshort.com
hope this helps
where do you get your data from ?

I get my data from Paritech. On the whole, I'm pleased with it................

CCH

Yes I believe Martin Pring also has some educational material for Metastock also.

Best regards,

Trapper