Starting to get 'Please Wait for a Quote' after making 150% return

Liquid-Ocelot

7 0
I am quite satisfied with the few SB companies that I am at the present trading with. But I am totally against individual manipulation, the kind that Liquid-Ocelot is experiencing.

May I ask which companies your trading with?

Btw I just spoke with a dealer from City Index, he claims that i'm probably experiencing this delay because I tend to trade during busy times such as the morning rush when the markets open. And also because i'm trading beyond a certain threshold per point. I asked him what this threshold was and he said he could find out for me. I thought this was too good to be true and it was. He came back and told me there is no specific threshold, apparently it changes based on how busy the markets are at that specific time. So basically they change the rules as they go along.

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
I've actually started to notice a pattern, they let me open instantly whenever I want, it's just that they won't let me close until at least after a minute.
Yes sure, they will let you get in, but they will not let you get out when you want. Not a good situation to be trading in, I would say it is a dead end, stop trading with them as many others will welcome you opening an account.

Last edited:

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84

Btw I just spoke with a dealer from City Index, he claims that i'm probably experiencing this delay because I tend to trade during busy times such as the morning rush when the markets open. And also because i'm trading beyond a certain threshold per point. I asked him what this threshold was and he said he could find out for me. I thought this was too good to be true and it was. He came back and told me there is no specific threshold, apparently it changes based on how busy the markets are at that specific time. So basically they change the rules as they go along.
I will send you a PM about it.:)

N

neil324

0 0
Live record it and put on YouTube. ! (y)

Indeed. And post across the forums.

They should just tell you to fook off.

You can open when you want but not close? :eek: Because you trade when it's busy?:innocent:

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84

Yes they simply don't like you trading style, so they manipulate your account instead, it would have been more fair for them to say that we are forced to closed your account based on the way you trade.

markobr

3 1
I've withdrawn everything from my account. At this point i'm just happy that I ended my relationship with CI in the black.

Nice one L-O(y)

If you want to pursue spread betting it may be a good idea to open accounts with few sb companies and compare order executions. If there is any monkey business (no matter what the excuse may be), just close them and keep the good ones - simple:)

Reactions: highbury fx

highbury fx

338 114
Yes they simply don't like you trading style, so they manipulate your account instead, it would have been more fair for them to say that we are forced to closed your account based on the way you trade.

how do you know they are manipulating anything? they are manually eyeballing his trades, not manipulating them.

this is a perfect example of everybody assuming that 1 persons account of a situation is enough to tarnish a well respected company that has been around for 30 years.

I'm not defending the industry, and even if I was it would be to no avail as so many of you here clearly only have ears for one side of the story, but crikey I am telling you very frankly and matter of factly how it happens from the s/b side and how they protect themselves and you should take that onboard when drawing your conclusions.

city index will handle tens of thousands of deals each day with thousands of clients, could they really have such a bad model that all of those clients who trust them as their platform provider have made the wrong decision?

On Day 1 when you opened your account with them everything was rosy, your deals went straight through no problem, but now they've had a chance to see how you trade they profile you as someone potentially toxic. City Index et al do not want to make things difficult for you but if you make things difficult for them they will bite back.

I would love to know the name of the firm that has never put a client on dealer referral or has noticed a bad price but continued to let clients milk it or never suffers from a slow down in order execution over key data that's moved the market... let me know who it is please and I'll open an account there.. trouble is that firm doesn't exist.

Reactions: rsh01

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
how do you know they are manipulating anything? they are manually eyeballing his trades, not manipulating them.

this is a perfect example of everybody assuming that 1 persons account of a situation is enough to tarnish a well respected company that has been around for 30 years.

I'm not defending the industry, and even if I was it would be to no avail as so many of you here clearly only have ears for one side of the story, but crikey I am telling you very frankly and matter of factly how it happens from the s/b side and how they protect themselves and you should take that onboard when drawing your conclusions.

city index will handle tens of thousands of deals each day with thousands of clients, could they really have such a bad model that all of those clients who trust them as their platform provider have made the wrong decision?

On Day 1 when you opened your account with them everything was rosy, your deals went straight through no problem, but now they've had a chance to see how you trade they profile you as someone potentially toxic. City Index et al do not want to make things difficult for you but if you make things difficult for them they will bite back.

I would love to know the name of the firm that has never put a client on dealer referral or has noticed a bad price but continued to let clients milk it or never suffers from a slow down in order execution over key data that's moved the market... let me know who it is please and I'll open an account there.. trouble is that firm doesn't exist.
OK, I know by own experience that Cityindex isn't altogether that bad, even though that they have in the past played some games against me. But "manually eyeballing his trades" and restricting execution is nothing less than manipulation. I have no reason to doubt Liquid-Ocelot story, if so, they are so concern about their goodwill, Cityindex can for once themselves show up with a representative on this forum, in order to set the record straight.

I have been around some and have traded with most of the companies. I know the limitation of SB, I have no illusions in this regard whatsoever. For the most part they are OK if one takes the risk and limitations in consideration. But outright manipulation of individual accounts is not something I can go along with.

Last edited:

lexcorp

Experienced member
1,982 564
So is the OP's style of trading upsetting the broker?
What are we talking? Large size bets exploiting a slow feed or something?

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
So is the OP's style of trading upsetting the broker?
What are we talking? Large size bets exploiting a slow feed or something?
Yes, I think there might be a combination of both as seen from the brokers point of view. Not necessary taking advantage of a slow price feed, but trading with the price action and exiting fast might put them off.

highbury fx

338 114
It appears that the OP was making money - apparently this is not the done thing in the world of retail bucket-shops :LOL:

lol - touché

30% of clients at any one time are in the money. the client making money isn't the problem. The problem is how some of those clients are making the money.

Reactions: peakoil

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
It appears that the OP was making money - apparently this is not the done thing in the world of retail bucket-shops :LOL:
Yes it is possible no doubt about it, DMA has its limitations as well if one put them both against each other. But with a bigger stake size I would definitely go for DMA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock