Spyware Detector

I was told that having too spyware programs on your machine slows it down quite a bit as they still quietly run in the background even though the makers say they dont. Whether this is true or not im not definately sure .....
You should be able to see what programs are running in the task manager and how much resourses they are using

I've been running SpywareGuard for years without any problem. It sits in the background, as most of these progs do. Make sure you run one of the scanners once a day and remember to update definitions daily. I use Spybot, Ad-Aware and Ewido.

oatman said:
I've been running SpywareGuard for years without any problem. It sits in the background, as most of these progs do. Make sure you run one of the scanners once a day and remember to update definitions daily. I use Spybot, Ad-Aware and Ewido.
Thanx for that input oatman, long time since Spywareguard was updated, still mulling over, to install, or not to install :):
May add System Safety Monitor to the mix

oatman said:
SpywareGuard very rarely updates. Read up what it does.
Yeah I understand that, which was all well and good until a major new version of IE was released, I would have thought that some changes would have been needed, just as an example, when the program was written it was for a browser that opened a single page, on the same home page every time, now we have a browser that can open multiple pages on launch, my own has four home pages.
I will ask on their forums, I still use Opera for most of my browsing so it isn't as pressing. Installed SSM on one of my machines, it is a bit of a learning curve :eek:

It's probably been mentioned before, but if you're worried about your PC security (or lack of it) it's worth visiting Shields Up!