Anti-Spy WIRE?

rossored

Just got this in my inbox.

Surely this must be one of the best examples of how not to market some anti Spy WIRE (!!)

9 out of 10 PC's are INFECTED!
With Spywire that can't be deleted by your Anti-Virus

Download our award winning Anti-Spywire Software

Try it for free!

http://www.antispynow.com/ho/

That's the actual URL - but the real giggle is the "Success Stories" - one of which claims that the product "practically saved my life and my marriage".

Now, that is not bad for an anti-spyware program!!!

Naturally, I am not saying that this doesn't do what it says it does - but there are products out there for free (AdAware, Spybot S&D, Spyware Blaster etc) that do a superb job on the anti-spyware front. I haven't come across any anti Spy wire products before, but I'll be sure to post if and when I do... :LOL::rolleyes: and I would personally NOT recommend downloading this product (all in my own, personal, unbiased professional opinon, of course)

Also - "Award - Winning" - Award winning from whom, exactly? :rolleyes:

It's a well known fact that women often get infected by spywire when out at the shopping mall or supermarkets. The effects of such spywire are to slow down her dish washing and laundry washing capabilities. Not to mention that it can have a detrimental effect on cooking and ironing. She may even stop running such applications as hoovering and dusting.

An award winning spywire program such as this will restore all the previous capabilities and produce a notable improvement in her response times. This could well lead to saving a relationship. :devilish:

I love these emails...
"Problems with viri and spyware from downloading dodgy software?"
"Then download dodgy software removal software from a name you can trust. http://www.hokey-software.ru/infectmenow"

still wish i'd got that mail before as a dose or two of spywire may have saved my marrage.

don't forget to give her a good defragmenting from time to time...........