Spreadbetting Companies Want YOU to Lose? Any Thoughts - You Tube Video Link

ok, I can see why you're confused. I think your interpretation of what a stop hunt actually is is not correct. Let me explain how a SB model works in terms of orders.

A spreadbet firm quotes 100 currency pairs, each to 5 decimal places. That's a lot of price updates. A spread bet firm also has thousands of clients placing thousands of trades and even more orders to open or attached orders to close. A lot of those orders are being regularly amended or cancelled.

There needs to be a system in place at the SB firm that automatically scans every order working in the system every time a price moves to check whether it needs to be filled or not based on the current market level. That would be impossible to do manually. That is what is meant by the systematic filling of stops (and all other order types). It is different to hunting for stops.

I hope that is clear for you now.

Seems like S B companies are sending their agent to post , you ignore the relevant post I made. You can't put everything under the carpets , and hide this info from real traders.

ok, I can see why you're confused. I think your interpretation of what a stop hunt actually is is not correct. Let me explain how a SB model works in terms of orders.

A spreadbet firm quotes 100 currency pairs, each to 5 decimal places. That's a lot of price updates. A spread bet firm also has thousands of clients placing thousands of trades and even more orders to open or attached orders to close. A lot of those orders are being regularly amended or cancelled.

There needs to be a system in place at the SB firm that automatically scans every order working in the system every time a price moves to check whether it needs to be filled or not based on the current market level. That would be impossible to do manually. That is what is meant by the systematic filling of stops (and all other order types). It is different to hunting for stops.

I hope that is clear for you now.

Yes, it's becoming clearer that it is at SB's discretion to fill stop orders. Since most people lose from such fills, can we agree it is at SB's discretion that people lose ?

Their secondary book can be run with their owner's positions .Example :Owner is a multimillionaire that trades indirectly for stops against clients.

About 20 years ago , my position got closed middle of night , stop was very far but it was hit. I suspect the secondary book price moved to my stops , then reverted back to original price.

I ignored this because it is nonsense. it doesn't make any sense.

you may as well have said.. jfjsk sajdkasjf ashdklsaf akdjsaksjdfklsa ;KHDA sajdal asDKJ and then insisted I reply to that.

secondary books, multi millionaires, blah blah blah.. what bollox.

you may as well have said.. jfjsk sajdkasjf ashdklsaf akdjsaksjdfklsa ;KHDA sajdal asDKJ and then insisted I reply to that.

Yeah, most of his posts are like that :lol

This is the rebuttal team response .Either this or pretend you know nothing about these activities.

It is expected on forums , where brokers often sponsor forums.

Yes, it's becoming clearer that it is at SB's discretion to fill stop orders. Since most people lose from such fills, can we agree it is at SB's discretion that people lose ?

it is the SB obligation to fill orders it has accepted.

It is therefore not at the SB discretion whether he fills stop orders at all. It is also not at the SB discretion that people lose. You are assuming all Stop orders are losing trades, that simply is not correct.

And I'm the one in the hole? I should stop digging, joe.

it is the SB obligation to fill orders it has accepted.

It is therefore not at the SB discretion whether he fills stop orders at all. It is also not at the SB discretion that people lose. You are assuming all Stop orders are losing trades, that simply is not correct.

80%, 90%, 99% of the people lose. The probability is rather high the filled stop orders are the cause.

Excellent, more progress, SB is obligated to fill stop orders. This is completely inline with people's report that their stop orders are being filled. Of course different people use different words to describe their experience. Some call it hunt, some call it hosed, rinsed, up-the-creak, etc.

I would post the same like Barjon and the stooge , if I was paid agent.

"Nobody ever got rich being honest"?

I don't think barjon is stooge. He's too inexperienced and never like to stick his neck out. He's more sheep like and would follow people into a hole.

80%, 90%, 99% of the people lose. The probability is rather high the filled stop orders are the cause.

Excellent, more progress, SB is obligated to fill stop orders. This is completely inline with people's report that their stop orders are being filled. Of course different people use different words to describe their experience. Some call it hunt, some call it hosed, rinsed, up-the-creak, etc.

we don't have 'different words' to describe our industry. A stop loss being filled automatically by a SB firms order management systems is not called a stop hunt by anyone.

You may call it hosed, rinsed, up-the-creak, etc because that may be more aligned to your experiences as an unlucky trader but it isn't reflective of how experienced people talk about stops.

I haven't been able to find anything credible about anything that you write.

If I was to say 80%, 90%, 99% of something it would be based on fact but t is clear you make things up as you go along and that undermines everything you say.

we don't have 'different words' to describe our industry. A stop loss being filled automatically by a SB firms order management systems is not called a stop hunt by anyone.

Understandable. From the shop's perspective, it would be more appropriate to call it a nice kill, sweet nectar, profit, or just business.

You may call it hosed, rinsed, up-the-creak, etc because that may be more aligned to your experiences as an unlucky trader but it isn't reflective of how experienced people talk about stops.

I have no experience of it, barjon can vouch for me in that respect.

I haven't been able to find anything credible about anything that you write.

If I was to say 80%, 90%, 99% of something it would be based on fact but t is clear you make things up as you go along and that undermines everything you say.

I don't know who you are. My credibility doesn't come into play. But the general audience will find what I say pretty credible, and that's what really counts.

I think the 80% figure came from shops. My own figure is 99% to 99.99%.

Understandable. From the shop's perspective, it would be more appropriate to call it a nice kill, sweet nectar, profit, or just business.

I have no experience of it, barjon can vouch for me in that respect.

I don't know who you are. My credibility doesn't come into play. But the general audience will find what I say pretty credible, and that's what really counts.

I think the 80% figure came from shops. My own figure is 99% to 99.99%.

I don't know who you are. :LOL::LOL:My credibility:LOL::LOL:doesn't come into play. But the :LOL::LOL:general audience:LOL::LOL: will find what I say pretty :LOL::LOL:credible:LOL::LOL:, and that's what really counts.

I agree it's closer to 99% than to 80% . Infact it has been documented that only 1 in 360 made it after a year of day trading stocks . 80% refers to only the last quarter or so .

Stooging is funded by the industry as a whole to spread misinformation, and to spread praise for the industry.

Claiming stop hunting being illegal and not providing proof is a perfect example of misinformation. Claiming being able to trade and profit while not being able to provide proof is also misinformation.

Spreading misinformation occasionally and inadvertently is fine, and we all do it. But when someone does it consistently, the stooge is uncloaked.

I'm not funded by anyone in the industry. In fact I don't believe any SB firm would ever ever pay good money to someone simply to argue their side of whatever theory is being bandied about on a private retail traders' forum.

But this is easily tested. Why don't you simply contact one or two SB firms and offer your services. See what they say.

Alternatively, offer to be a stooge for a branch of the industry that's in competition with SB firms, such as CFD providers or options providers or DMA brokers. Suggest to them you will be glad to accept payment for coming on T2W and spreading alarming stories about SB firms' practices.

Or maybe you are already an anti-SB stooge?

Anyway, please do this but keep us informed, I'd like to hear how you get on.

I don't know who you are. :LOL::LOL:My credibility:LOL::LOL:doesn't come into play. But the :LOL::LOL:general audience:LOL::LOL: will find what I say pretty :LOL::LOL:credible:LOL::LOL:, and that's what really counts.

I don't know who you are either. Not sure why you attempt to claim to be the general audience .

I agree it's closer to 99% than to 80% . Infact it has been documented that only 1 in 360 made it after a year of day trading stocks . 80% refers to only the last quarter or so .

Well, my gut said 99% since I was a beginner. I got that purely from how people like barjon squirmed when I asked for a call out. At the time, I considered him one of the 'elders' of the forum trading scene. My gut produced 99% the instance I had his response. Now I realise he's only "elder" in age.