Spreadbetting Companies Want YOU to Lose? Any Thoughts - You Tube Video Link

Style : Day trader, swing, scalper. Clear enough for you?

Ah, those labels are all the same to me now. These days theres really only two kinds of trader, those that seek value and those that dont.

I like to seek value.

Last edited:
So, you are saying Oanda isn't functioning ? Today, they functioned fine as a broker when they took my orders. They also functioned fine as an MM when they tried to fill my non-existent stops.

Your ignorance is showing , a broker is an member of an exchange for the trading benefit of their clients and charge commissions, Oanda is not and does not.

They are MM/ SB , shows that very clearly on their site.

Stop misleading people.

https://www.oanda.com/forex-trading/markets/

Last edited:
Last edited:
Oh yeah, these are my calls and now I calling sell them or put a SL on it.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/225356-market-crash-about-now.html

What price were IBM, MFSFT and APPL on the 12/8/17 ? And where are they now ?

+ $1.2, + $5.5 , + $2. That's per share and in 2.5 weeks roughly.

Read 'em and weep guys.

I heard of hind sight trading. This is the first hind sight calling I have come across.

In your original post, I said you didn't dare to put money on it. It's no good to now say you were right. You were not right, you were guessing it might do this or it might do that. Welcome to foroom's wood-have club for wooden dummies who are incapable of seizing opportunities.

Last edited:
Your ignorance is showing

And yours isnt!? :D

I see a lot of rubbish and mis-information being posted and much of it is deliberate I suspect to aid their sponsors, I will try and correct them (yes , as a 400% winner on both Sb and futures, 19 years in the game I think I have a right).

1) A broker is never a SB / market maker, never at least when functioning, to confuse the two shows a backward lack of knowledge.

2) An SB is not some hi-tech, HFT firm which can electronically " transfer " quote requests they don't want to " liquidity providers ".

3)An SB firm does not know who you are when you ask for a price, it's all anonymous, so there is no book " A or B".

4) It all very simple , not need for any fantasy complexities, when you accept their quote, either they accept that as they should or the shanigans may then arise - delay responses, re quotes , you know the story.

5) Stop hunting is not depending on curve fitting, that's an amateur pov.

If the stop, by the SBs judgment is not at a pivot point then they will likely leave it alone. If it is then they may consider hunting it. They hundreds of opportunities a day they won't worry if they miss one or two hunting chances.

6) Stop hunting is NOT, repeat NOT illegal. The SB have the right to move their markets around, this is why they are called market makers !

Anyone who says it is , please tell me in my very clear example of #65, what is illegal in that in terms of SB action ?

you guys have 150 ways to blow up and lose due to mistakes like these , surely the 2 or 3 areas of risk with S B companies can be avoided ,like I do.

I agree. I have been saying for some years that most new traders lose because they are new day-traders. Most new UK traders probably come into trading via SB. The mechanics of SB firms' operations mean its virtually impossible to make a profit via them on very short-term financial bets. For longer-term, these characteristics don't matter so much.

My advice to new day-traders - don't do it. But if you must day-trade, do not try it with SB.

I agree. I have been saying for some years that most new traders lose because they are new day-traders. Most new UK traders probably come into trading via SB. The mechanics of SB firms' operations mean its virtually impossible to make a profit via them on very short-term financial bets. For longer-term, these characteristics don't matter so much.

My advice to new day-traders - don't do it. But if you must day-trade, do not try it with SB.

Day trading to a new trader is like , a amateur league footballer playing in the premier league.

I see a lot of rubbish and mis-information being posted and much of it is deliberate I suspect to aid their sponsors, I will try and correct them (yes , as a 400% winner on both Sb and futures, 19 years in the game I think I have a right).

1) A broker is never a SB / market maker, never at least when functioning, to confuse the two shows a backward lack of knowledge.

2) An SB is not some hi-tech, HFT firm which can electronically " transfer " quote requests they don't want to " liquidity providers ".

3)An SB firm does not know who you are when you ask for a price, it's all anonymous, so there is no book " A or B".

4) It all very simple , not need for any fantasy complexities, when you accept their quote, either they accept that as they should or the shanigans may then arise - delay responses, re quotes , you know the story.

5) Stop hunting is not depending on curve fitting, that's an amateur pov.

If the stop, by the SBs judgment is not at a pivot point then they will likely leave it alone. If it is then they may consider hunting it. They hundreds of opportunities a day they won't worry if they miss one or two hunting chances.

6) Stop hunting is NOT, repeat NOT illegal. The SB have the right to move their markets around, this is why they are called market makers !

Anyone who says it is , please tell me in my very clear example of #65, what is illegal in that in terms of SB action ?

Hi

What a lot of old rubbish.

1. A broker is often a SB or market maker. It can either be the market maker acting as principle to the trades or they can be a liquidity provider to clients as an execution only venue.

2. This point doesn't even make sense. But I think the point you're trying to make is a SB firm can't route toxic business/clients directly to the underlying market - they can, they do, you're wrong.

3. yes they do. yes there is.

4. you have a point here. Any delay in a fill should raise red flags that you're on the SB firms radar.

5. Stop hunting doesn't happen at SB firms. Your rambling about pivot points is nonsense. A stop order is an instruction to the SB firm to deal at the next available price once the order level has been touched. Simple, no hunting, no pivots, no conspiracy.....

6. clueless.

This person knows nothing about how SB firms operate.

Best, HF.

tomorton claimed stop hunting was illegal. He did not provide a link to the regulators. So I guess he made it up. More and more I think he's a merchant stooge.

I didn't make it up. But we must each believe what we believe to be the truth. As I've told you before, I don't really care what you believe.

This stooges idea is interesting though. Do you mean you believe the SB firms pay people to make optimistic posts on forums about spread-betting? Seriously?

You may be mistaken. This was the reply: "As a senior writer, you should have known that market makers make up their own prices as they go along, suspending trading when it does nt suit them, or various other techniques mentioned in several posts, to track and destroy any trader who does turn out to be successful."

Also, Enlightened Joe had asked a straightforward question: "Which FCA condition is violated by a market making firm changing the price ? "
Would you care to answer that one?

Please spare a thought for the innocence of the new traders, instead of lumping them together as 'loosers'. It would be appreciated if senior writers could stop generalisations (" all traders lose money"), and talk about more specific issues that really matter ( "market makers are in the business to make money from you, hook or by crook' , and that is why the 10% traders who could otherwise be successful also lose their shirt ) - insights that are really useful.

Even without the dangers of being misled by misleading advise /technicals / rumours, etc., the average traders is already being ripped off systematically by SBs that cares two hoots, and is far more powerful than your average SB trader. And probably owns the corrupt politicians making the laws governing them too.

The difference between trading and gambling, in essence, seems to be that in trading, there is a 'victim' - an entity whose existence is sought to be denied by some.

Its almost impossible even for a really good trader to make a consistent profit doing very short-term intra-day trades via SB.

Unfortunately, in the UK a lot of new traders come into trading thinking that the only trading style is day-trading, and they often go for very very short time-frames. Mostly they will lose their money, and the SB firms don;'t need to do anything illegal to make this happen, these guys have just selected the wrong trading style and then the wrong vehicle for their style.

My advice to new UK traders is don't day-trade. And if you must day-trade, then don't use SB to do it.

Nice post HF. The points you replied to were all so off-target I'd lost all energy to reply.

Agree. Seeing as HF works in the industry and has written some extremely helpful and informative stuff before I think I know who has the credibility. It's good of him to take the time and trouble to clarify matters.

I didn't make it up. But we must each believe what we believe to be the truth. As I've told you before, I don't really care what you believe.

This stooges idea is interesting though. Do you mean you believe the SB firms pay people to make optimistic posts on forums about spread-betting? Seriously?

Stooging is funded by the industry as a whole to spread misinformation, and to spread praise for the industry.

Claiming stop hunting being illegal and not providing proof is a perfect example of misinformation. Claiming being able to trade and profit while not being able to provide proof is also misinformation.

Spreading misinformation occasionally and inadvertently is fine, and we all do it. But when someone does it consistently, the stooge is uncloaked.

Nicely said.
Most new traders do not know the dangers of 1. trading and 2. trusting SBs.

Hi

What a lot of old rubbish.

1. A broker is often a SB or market maker. It can either be the market maker acting as principle to the trades or they can be a liquidity provider to clients as an execution only venue.

2. This point doesn't even make sense. But I think the point you're trying to make is a SB firm can't route toxic business/clients directly to the underlying market - they can, they do, you're wrong.

3. yes they do. yes there is.

4. you have a point here. Any delay in a fill should raise red flags that you're on the SB firms radar.

5. Stop hunting doesn't happen at SB firms. Your rambling about pivot points is nonsense. A stop order is an instruction to the SB firm to deal at the next available price once the order level has been touched. Simple, no hunting, no pivots, no conspiracy.....

6. clueless.

This person knows nothing about how SB firms operate.

Best, HF.

Thank God for some facts from someone who actually knows what he is talking about. Won't halt the conspiracy theorists in their tracks, though, they've got to blame their losses on someone but themselves after all.