SpreadBet MT4 Recommendations

BadRobot

Its probably been asked before but things change rapidly so its worth asking again.

I am looking for an MT4 spreadbet provider. I currently use GKFX (MT4) and Tradefair (web based) but i am not happy about the setup. I place my bets with the tradefair account but the web platform was never much good and its got worse with the last change. I never bet with my GKFX account because the spreads are a joke and the execution is worse. I stopped when it was costing me an average of 5 points in & out on EURUSD because of bad spread and slippage so i just use it for the charting.

I have seen a few options but none seem that good. Most web based platforms offer spreads of 0.6-1 point on EURUSD and leverage typical about 1:400. All the MT4 spreadbet platforms i have found are spreads of 1.2-1.6 and max leverage of 1:100.

So question is can anyone recommend an MT4 spreadbet broker with web type spreads and leverage?

I would also be OK with a web based platform that has some flexibility that allows me to enter at market quickly with a default stop on a one click basis. It seems now most are going the way of full order ticket (bring up ticket, select buy/sell, select order type, work out and enter price for SL) or one click but no option to enter an SL at the same time.

Its probably been asked before but things change rapidly so its worth asking again.

I am looking for an MT4 spreadbet provider. I currently use GKFX (MT4) and Tradefair (web based) but i am not happy about the setup. I place my bets with the tradefair account but the web platform was never much good and its got worse with the last change. I never bet with my GKFX account because the spreads are a joke and the execution is worse. I stopped when it was costing me an average of 5 points in & out on EURUSD because of bad spread and slippage so i just use it for the charting.

I have seen a few options but none seem that good. Most web based platforms offer spreads of 0.6-1 point on EURUSD and leverage typical about 1:400. All the MT4 spreadbet platforms i have found are spreads of 1.2-1.6 and max leverage of 1:100.

So question is can anyone recommend an MT4 spreadbet broker with web type spreads and leverage?

I would also be OK with a web based platform that has some flexibility that allows me to enter at market quickly with a default stop on a one click basis. It seems now most are going the way of full order ticket (bring up ticket, select buy/sell, select order type, work out and enter price for SL) or one click but no option to enter an SL at the same time.
Hi,i dont belive you will find any spreadbetting companies that use Meta4 most are ecn and ndd brokers.Dont forget that all spreadbetting brokers set their own prices as they are the market makers so the spreads will reflect this although they have to remain competitive.True ECN will have at times on some deritives zero spreads and they tend to be low as they are getting their prices from the banks who again have to be competitive.Good huntng Mke

I have found a few. The problem is the ones that offer MT4 have much wider spreads than the ones who just use a web based platform. Cant see the logic in that really (unless its because the web based platforms suck so they are trying to nullify some perceived advantage to the customer). I was just wondering if anyone else uses MT4 for spreadbetting and had found one that offers competitive spreads on the MT4 platform. As i said i used to use MT4 on GKFX but they are truly woeful.

I have found a few. The problem is the ones that offer MT4 have much wider spreads than the ones who just use a web based platform. Cant see the logic in that really (unless its because the web based platforms suck so they are trying to nullify some perceived advantage to the customer). I was just wondering if anyone else uses MT4 for spreadbetting and had found one that offers competitive spreads on the MT4 platform. As i said i used to use MT4 on GKFX but they are truly woeful.
Yes I use ActivTrades.com, although on the MT5 platform, I am happy with them. Also use xCFD.com for my Forex trades. I also like DFmarkets.com on the web platform.

Last edited:
Yes I use ActivTrades.com, although on the MT5 platform, I am happy with them. Also use xCFD.com for my Forex trades. I also like DFmarkets.com on the web platform.

I looked at Activetrades a while back. At the time the spreads differed quite a lot between MT4 and MT5 (some including EURUSD were double on MT4). I have just taken another look at the website and the spreads now seem to be the same.

I think i will look at opening a small account with them to see how things go. What is the execution like?

I looked at Activetrades a while back. At the time the spreads differed quite a lot between MT4 and MT5 (some including EURUSD were double on MT4). I have just taken another look at the website and the spreads now seem to be the same.

I think i will look at opening a small account with them to see how things go. What is the execution like?
The execution on the MT5 is very fast, that is why I use the MT5 instead of MT4 which is slower.

The execution on the MT5 is very fast, that is why I use the MT5 instead of MT4 which is slower.

Unfortunately i would still need MT4 for my charting. What i use isnt possible in MT5 although i am sure they will sort it at some point since its one of the general criticisms of the platform upgrade.

What documents do Activtrades request on account opening. Is it the usual passport/driving license their webiste says they will tell you when they telephone you?

Just found out via live chat.

Their spreads do look nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
What documents do Activtrades request on account opening. Is it the usual passport/driving license their webiste says they will tell you when they telephone you?

Just found out via live chat.

Their spreads do look nice.

One form of photo id and proof of address so both of those would do the trick.

Just opened an account with ActivTrades. And the spread on the live account is up and down like a pair of knickers. Will check what it's like around news:eek:

Edit

Seems to be really choppy an hour before and after US close. London sessions are rock solid. Then the usual news spikes.

Just WOW. The slippage with these clowns is constant. Always negative. They even slip you in slow moving none news event markets.

They slip you on exits, pretty much constant. The entries are harder to monitor but ******** to a barn dance.

Just WOW. The slippage with these clowns is constant. Always negative. They even slip you in slow moving none news event markets.

They slip you on exits, pretty much constant. The entries are harder to monitor but ******** to a barn dance.

This seems to be the problem with MT4 brokers. Its not unusual to be paying 4-6 points with GKFX on EURUSD. Its just too expensive. Thats why i was looking for an alternative.

This seems to be the problem with MT4 brokers. Its not unusual to be paying 4-6 points with GKFX on EURUSD. Its just too expensive. Thats why i was looking for an alternative.

Was using GKFX for 2 years before. Hardly had any slippage, except around news which you would expect. Activtrades do it all the time, their spreads are 'up to' 50% lower than GKFX though that's why I moved, on reading this thread.

Will stay with Activtrades but it comes across as ominous.

I notice Pepperstone getting a slating for a 200 pip slippage on another forum. Their explanation, 'It was a tier 2 liquidity supplier which is not displayed on the feed, only tier 1 liquidity is displayed' WTF?

And you are using the MT5 platform with Activtrades?

Spread Betting

How about trying Capitalspreads.com as they have a good reputation of low spreads and very low slippage.
Their Customer Support phone number is 020 7456 7020 and email support is
[email protected]
My friend used them by having their MT4 set-up and trading the spread betting platform.
In fact he used to trade part of my funds along with his own and he was very successful.
It should be reliable for serious live traders who earn their money from spread betting.
PM me if you need anything further.
TEAMTRADER

The few times I traded EUR/USD on the MT5 I didn't experienced slippage. I noticed a significant speed difference between MT4 and MT5, in favor of the latest. This was a couple of month back though.

The spreads was the same between 4 & 5 when I joined. Anyway their spreads are 50% lower than the nearest. They must be grabbing some market share for sure.

The few times I traded EUR/USD on the MT5 I didn't experienced slippage. I noticed a significant speed difference between MT4 and MT5, in favor of the latest. This was a couple of month back though.

Had read execution is better with MT5. It's the indicators and hedging that is the problem.