spread betting - CMC, IG, or Intertrader?

hybrid

which broker out of CMC, IG, or Intertrader would suit me best for spread betting forex, gold, silver, and oil?

i am looking to place an initial deposit of £500.....trading only 2% on each trade.

* Intertrader seems to have the worst spreads. If I use MT4 then its a Gibtalter outfit non FCA regulated.

* CMC seems to have the glossiest software but many say charts are jumpy, but takes a while to load.

* IG seems to be the most reputable......but clunky software. If I use MT4 then the spreads are increased (why?).

All the other potential providers have been ruled out for spreads/deposit/fee/overseas/regulation reasons (unless i missed one amazing one).

is it possible i can use ninja trader for charts, then use the above broker(s) platform(s) to place orders?

thanks in advance for any input.

which broker out of CMC, IG, or Intertrader would suit me best for spread betting forex, gold, silver, and oil?

i am looking to place an initial deposit of £500.....trading only 2% on each trade.

* Intertrader seems to have the worst spreads. If I use MT4 then its a Gibtalter outfit non FCA regulated.

* CMC seems to have the glossiest software but many say charts are jumpy, but takes a while to load.

* IG seems to be the most reputable......but clunky software. If I use MT4 then the spreads are increased (why?).

All the other potential providers have been ruled out for spreads/deposit/fee/overseas/regulation reasons (unless i missed one amazing one).

is it possible i can use ninja trader for charts, then use the above broker(s) platform(s) to place orders?

If you want to look at intertrader, take a look at my site, CFD & Spreadbet Trading — Reduce spreads & commissions via Cash Back Rebates! Improve your P & L! you can get a rebate which should bring your spreads in to line a bit more.

I've traded with all 3 and currently using mt4 on intertrader, I have my opinions on the other 2.

I wouldn't worry too much about Gibraltar, it's surprisingly well regulated.

I'm a fan of IG's platforms. I wouldn't trust a Non- FCA regulated broker. I haven't used MT4 so can't comment.

You must have been looking at intertrader direct, intertrader is part of London capital group, regulated in the UK, if you stick £500 in you will get a 100 quid welcome bonus. It's there own easy to use platform as well, not mt4.

Failing those you mention try ETX-best of all in my opinion.been using them for ages-IG no2

IG's platform might appear a little clunky, but it offers far more sophistication than the other two you mention. You can increase your trade amount by penny increments rather than whole pound increments which is the only option with InterTrader or CMC.

I would suggest using MetaTrader charts and IG tear off tickets from their Dealing Platform - these you can drag out of the IG window and place them on the chart you are watching - they can also sit in your system tray, filled out and ready to go. This will probably mean you'll have to open two accounts with them - but 'm not certain. MetaTrader as a trading platform is 10 times more clunky than IG's.

You could also do the same thing with Ninja - you'll find the prices will match very closely as long as there isn't a massive difference between the spreads offered by either party.

thanks all.....i've come across GKFX - and they don't have conflict with their customers interests - so think i will roll with them....they do micro lots too within MT4. I like IG's charts but read some reviews that they eat stops, and are a market maker....eek.

which broker out of CMC, IG, or Intertrader would suit me best for spread betting forex, gold, silver,.
Hybrid, if you are spreadbetting then there will always be a conflict of interest
. You are trying to take money from them, and them off you , often they are better at it :LOL:

I use IG for my play account never had any issues. Capital Spreads 'froze up' on me couple weeks back when Putin comments came out, it was noted. A good call from them as i hit IG in the pocket that day(they since loaned some back lol). If you are intraday trading for a living then you need DMA. End of.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use IG for my play account never had any issues. Capital Spreads 'froze up' on me couple weeks back when Putin comments came out, it was noted. A good call from them as i hit IG in the pocket that day(they since loaned some back lol). If you are intraday trading for a living then you need DMA. End of.

Which DMA do you recommend?