Mirror trades to broker

gtspeed

101 6
Hi All

Not sure if this is about , I am looking to have 2 broker accounts and each trade I place autocopy to the other for example I use IG as my broker as like the charts and find it very good but also want a separate account in case IG has problems with Intertrader so in practise I wish to place the trade with IG and then without having log in have that trade placed in Intertrader also. Is this possible ?

Kind Regards

f2calv

Experienced member
1,317 277
IG have an API (REST/Streaming API documentation) which allows you to programmatically place trades, as does Intertrader (FIX API documentation).

So yes a copy-trading system is quite possible - however the Intertrader site says you need a minimum of £100k account and their API uses FIX which requires more coding skills than your average REST API :smart:

Note: using IG because you "like their charts" is a bit odd, especially as a) their charts are nothing special and b) they are not a true broker!

Reactions: swissy

gtspeed

101 6
As a platform I find IG very user friendly , as looked some other platforms which were not so easy. The charts are easy to arrange hence the statement.