Sports Trading Thread.

I read somewhere that having a good understanding of sport can drastically improve the returns of a short-term investing strategy. But apparently that is only half the story; you need to understand resistance too.

It's all about greed and fear as always ..........you play off people's irrational nature during the cut and thrust of live events ........people
Generally will always overreact to events........so trade off it ....as ff is doing well !!!

N

Just out of interest ff........my main issue with this a few years back was lack of decent liquidity unless it was a big race or match.......is it better these days ?

N

Liquidity is not a problem. But it is limited, thats why you can't compound you stakes and make millions. A good trader can make £1,000 or so a week (remember the markets are open 7 days with weekends being the biggest days), Is has decreased slightly since Betfair opened its sports book. But the main liquidity providers are the high-street bookmakers who use betfair to lay off their exposure and balance their books.

But you need to stick to the main sports, Horse Racing, Football, Tennis and Cricket Rugby and NFL.

If the Yanks changed their laws regarding online gambling you'd see liquidity shoot up massively.

its all going pete tong over there..they have a thread all to themselves and they still get themselves banned...muppets

I've not been here much recently, whats gone on? FXmo etc etc been banned?

In a nutshell.f went sailing:whistling.
mm was trying to divert a member onto another site and got banned.
sir g started spamming fs thread with B.U.L.L and nick b had the audacity to question sir g.sir g went psycho and called him a disser etc.suddenly the thread is locked.sir g has now got the obligatory twitter account :whistling.
obviously f was sailing at the time and is :innocent:;)

If the Yanks changed their laws regarding online gambling you'd see liquidity shoot up massively.

Agreed .....I find it still,amazing how restricted that market is.....I was in Vegas for a week a year or so ago and boy do they enjoy a punt

N

Liquidity is not a problem. But it is limited, thats why you can't compound you stakes and make millions. A good trader can make £1,000 or so a week (remember the markets are open 7 days with weekends being the biggest days), Is has decreased slightly since Betfair opened its sports book. But the main liquidity providers are the high-street bookmakers who use betfair to lay off their exposure and balance their books.

But you need to stick to the main sports, Horse Racing, Football, Tennis and Cricket Rugby and NFL.

Agreed ........it's a hell of a lot of fun as well :smart:

£40 ish profit from 5 races traded today. Just using the methods as outlined above. Will have a look at some tennis trading later this week.

221536d1458660107-sports-trading-thread-betfair.jpg

Attachments

• betfair.jpg
    betfair.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 1,111
Couple of trades for a £10.50 green book on the cricket. Trading at £1 per tick.

Most professional sports traders focus on the cricket, and you can see why! over £20mil matched and still 17 overs to play. Plenty of liquidity, and this is just a T20 game. The test matches do much more.

221616d1458733416-sports-trading-thread-betfair.jpg

Attachments

• betfair.jpg
    betfair.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 1,345
Last edited:
Today trades +GBP 57.75 - across Cricket, Football and Horses. Statement below shows my various cricket bets ( can't show all sports at once). Going to look into doing some live scalping videos. Anyonw know any good software for recording whats your doing on your desktop?

221652d1458775121-sports-trading-thread-untitled.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 1,336
Phew, 18 mile run done this morning (i'm running the London marathon, this is not for pleasure !:eek: )

Gonna trade some cricket this afternoon SA vs WI. Should be a tight game, just gonna watch the charts and try an scalp the trends.

Here's a little view of my trade station.

Attachments

• IMG_20160325_132211 (1).jpg
    IMG_20160325_132211 (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 249
Have a look at "ezvid" ff, i downloaded it after a few recommendations but haven't got round to using it yet, great thread btw..

-£14 for that game.. So close, West indies won with 2 balls to go, would have won £89 otherwise.
@hhiusa I've been a messing around with sports trading for a couple of years but never taken it seriously as I have mostly been pouring my my time and energy into financial markets. SO really this is the first time I've decided to really put some effort into it as I've decided to have a break from short term financial trading ( i still trade Forex but focus on swing/longer term trades now).

Do ever look at prices offered by other bookies.

Just wondered if you could use any variance in price to your advantage.

Bit like price variance you some times find in financial market makers.

Cheers
OR

Last edited: