Sports Trading Thread.

Do ever look at prices offered by other bookies.

Just wondered if you could use any variance in price to your advantage.

Bit like price variance you some times find in financial market makers.

Cheers
OR

Hi Oscar, Yes I use the odds checker website. It gives you an idea of where a horse should be priced. For instance if a horse starts to drift on the betfair exchange, but the bookies prices don't move, its sometines an indication of a fulse move. Like a fake breakout in financial terms. Then often you can back the horse and expect the price to fall back to the norm.

Well that lasted as long as I thought!

Not so many 'free' tenners for you?

Noted you also took, what a few days only, to start gambling.

Gambling being defined as two outcomes and one producing a win and one producing a loss.

I am not surprised by this ending, as we know I believed it to be a doomed venture. I was surprised by the vitriolic language I was attacked with for suggesting it may not last the three months you wouldn't agree to wager on. I guess that is because you are against gambling.

Noted you also took, what a few days only, to start gambling.

Gambling being defined as two outcomes and one producing a win and one producing a loss.

I am not surprised by this ending, as we know I believed it to be a doomed venture. I was surprised by the vitriolic language I was attacked with for suggesting it may not last the three months you wouldn't agree to wager on. I guess that is because you are against gambling.

Why has this ended?

You really don't have a clue what your talking about. For one your wager suggested i use level stakes? How does that work in sports trading? If I lay a bet for £100 at 1.5 my liability is £50. If I lay a bet at 6.0 my liability is £500. How am i supposed to control my risk under the ridiculous wager you offered.

Besides are you really arrogant enough to believe my purpose here is solely to prove a point just to you?

That was the point i gave up on you because it really showed your lack of understanding and the difference between trading sporting and gambling on sports..

Last edited:
Statement, last 30 days...

Considering thats from a £100 bank and trading at £1 a tick, and over 90% of my trades are on horse racing. I'm pretty pleased with it. Just over 100% return in 1 month.

But this had ended had it? Just because i don't stick around boasting about it?

I've been around here a lot longer then you, always been open about my trading losses and problems, and a lot of members will vouch for me.! so whats your problem??

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

:whistling

and this race aint even started yet!

But lets face it, you have no idea what your looking at do you!

222722d1460724994-sports-trading-thread-untitled.png

So which outcome is producing a loss there?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    50 KB · Views: 1,026
Ohhhh and another one.... within a few minutes of the last.

222724d1460725649-sports-trading-thread-untitled.jpg

So I tell you now, this thread has not ended just because i don't act like a knob and boast about every trade, every penny, every day.You been hanging round FxMo too long son! I'm just trying to bring somthing new to the forum.

Why don't you be a man and stand by your word!

Ok officially done,

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 996
Last edited:
-£14 for that game.. So close, West indies won with 2 balls to go, would have won £89 otherwise.

Definition of Gambling above. If two different outcomes can provide a positive or a negative result rather than you ''greening up''.

I know 100 times more than you do about Betfair and Gambling thanks

Just because i don't stick around boasting about it?

^^That has to be the funniest I have seen in a long time, is £112.31 worth boasting about, come on grow a pair man.

^^So £31.00 in ten minutes but £100 for the month, now that is so funny. If you think £3.73 net a day is a good use of your time then wow, just WOW nothing to add.

The fact that you have been around longer than me and apparently learnt nothing is not something to be proud of. I would also add, you mean on this forum and not trading or gambling.

It literally is, every penny, every day, you will need to live a long time to make it worthwhile but who needs such existence!

-£14 for that game.. So close, West indies won with 2 balls to go, would have won £89 otherwise.

Definition of Gambling above. If two different outcomes can provide a positive or a negative result rather than you ''greening up''.

But i had greened up - for £-14, my stake was much larger but i'm not putting the entire steak at risk am i!! Then that would be gambling

Just because i don't stick around boasting about it?

^^That has to be the funniest I have seen in a long time, is £112.31 worth boasting about, come on grow a pair man.

That was my point i was making, you seem to have missed that one! :eek:

^^So £31.00 in ten minutes but £100 for the month, now that is so funny. If you think £3.73 net a day is a good use of your time then wow, just WOW nothing to add.

To generate those 2 i used the practice mode on the platform, i was demonstrating that larger amounts can be generate. As for £3.73 a day, on a bank of £100 that's a return of 3.73% a day. If my Bank was £5000 that would be £186, is that a waste? I'm doing what any sensible trader would do and starting off small,

The fact that you have been around longer than me and apparently learnt nothing is not something to be proud of. I would also add, you mean on this forum and not trading or gambling.

Yes i do mean on this forum, I'm a younger man then you in real life (which makes this whole outburst of yours even more embarrassing) is that what bothers you so much?

It literally is, every penny, every day, you will need to live a long time to make it worthwhile but who needs such existence!

Do you not realize that this can be scaled up with a bigger bank roll?

!

Last edited:

:LOL: - your comments would suggest otherwise. I've literally knocked everything you've said out the park.

Last edited:
Ive some funny memories of messing with the geegees.
The idea was to exploit the tv lag when there was no delay on placing 'in running' bets. Stand near the line with head phones and goggles to eyeballs, on the phone to ya man on betfair and lay to X odds the 'just about to lose horse'.
I started to notice other headphone wearers as time went by. No eye contact :cheesy:. The weak link was usually the guy punching the orders.

"so what we get filled on?"
"errrr, hmmmm,,yeaahh..."

LOL :LOL:

If you think £3.73 net a day is a good use of your time then wow, just WOW nothing to add.

!

This coming from a guy who spent around a year following FXMo's thread :LOL: Don't lecture me on whats a good use of time.

Pretty sure you said it could not be scaled up.

Ok look you get real excited with your 3 quid a day and I'll stick to making real money.
Can pm you statements if it will finally stop this pathetic effort at wasting your life.

Of course it can be scaled but not a chance by you.

How is it possible to be a loser on Dax at 1 pip spread?

More efficient trading than on Betfair.

Ive some funny memories of messing with the geegees.
The idea was to exploit the tv lag when there was no delay on placing 'in running' bets. Stand near the line with head phones and goggles to eyeballs, on the phone to ya man on betfair and lay to X odds the 'just about to lose horse'.
I started to notice other headphone wearers as time went by. No eye contact :cheesy:. The weak link was usually the guy punching the orders.

"so what we get filled on?"
"errrr, hmmmm,,yeaahh..."

LOL :LOL:

At the beginning it was a lot of fun and a good number of 1.01 got turned over for big money. A lot of big accounts thought they were hoovering up the change and then it went badly wrong and a lot more than 1 in 100.

It's a lot like online poker in so far as its been killed by bots and programmes and the real gambling has gone out of it.

Look ffsfear with the benefit of a few glasses of red wine, if this really rocks your boat then it is not for me to judge. I do doubt the merits of the effort put in to this but we are all different and if it makes you happy good luck.

Pretty sure you said it could not be scaled up.

Ok look you get real excited with your 3 quid a day and I'll stick to making real money.
Can pm you statements if it will finally stop this pathetic effort at wasting your life.

No thats fine. I'm not interested in you or your statements. This obsession seems to be one sided.

I just ask that you leave his thread alone.