Sports Trading Thread.

Money coming in for under 2.5 goals now so quickly back under 2.5 for £200 @1.86, locking for a quick couple of points

Last edited:
Money coming in for under 2.5 goals now so quickly back under 2.5 for £200 @1.86, locking for a quick couple of points

Lay £200 at £1.81 for a £5.52 profit on my first trade

221392d1458490167-sports-trading-thread-betfair.jpg

Attachments

• betfair.jpg
    betfair.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 1,564
So i won't bore you with every trade, gonna dip in and out of this under 2.5 goals market. Will show you my position at the end of the game.

Goal MAn UTD. Should make it interesting. Expect Man U try and slow the game down now. Hopefully the under 2.5 goals price should start to come in.

all closed out now for £32.79 profit on each side.

Im gonna leave it there now. Almost got caught out by that early goal. SO im going to take the profit here and just enjoy the rest of the match. Its looking a little fighsty and i would be surprised if we see a penalty in the second half

221402d1458492569-sports-trading-thread-betfair.jpg

Attachments

• betfair.jpg
    betfair.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,625
Last edited:
ok, said i was out, but back in the under 2.5 market at 1.24 with 20 to play. MAn U going into lockdown mode. They love a 1-0. Can't see 2 more goals in this game. Even if another goal does get scored, we are at the stage where the price won't move too much against me.

I read somewhere that having a good understanding of sport can drastically improve the returns of a short-term investing strategy. But apparently that is only half the story; you need to understand resistance too.

Real Madrid v Sevilla up next. 7.30

Strategy for this one will be to wait for Real Madrid to go 1 nil up. then start backing Real for 2-3 tick at a time.

Real Madrid v Sevilla up next. 7.30

Strategy for this one will be to wait for Real Madrid to go 1 nil up. then start backing Real for 2-3 tick at a time.

1.0 Real backed @1.15, with a pending order to lay them at 1.12.

Last edited:
Real Madrid battering them but their price is not really moving, I think laying the draw would have been a better option as price is moving out.

If the wheel comes off on a bet can you set a loss limit?

Yes you can set stops, problem with in play football is a goal will cause the market to gap.

If a goal is scored while your in a trade (by the team your not backing), you just take the first available price when the market reopens. It happens now and again, thats just part of football trading. Like financials the key is to cut the loss rather then leave the trade open and hope the team you'ed back come back into the game. Like any form of trading taking losses is part of the game.

On the flip side, the team you've backed could score and you could suddenly find yourself 20 or so points in profit. Swings and roundabouts.

But its all how you trade, thats why i waited for real to for 1-0 up before getting involved. Had Seville scored before my order lay or got hit, i would only have lost around 15 points or so. Real would still have been odds on favorites.

Excellent thread........been a while since I played with sports betting .......will,give,this,thread a read

N

Just out of interest ff........my main issue with this a few years back was lack of decent liquidity unless it was a big race or match.......is it better these days ?

N