Spiriton Media Group

To Pboyles,

FYI, I've already sent the information to Mugsgame as requested. Do not worry about diverting attention from Paul Miller. He did a huge damage by getting people to throw more money into a gigantic scam. I already reported Miller to the FSA in two occasions and they have copies of his emails to the investors. Don’t worry, Miller AKA Comical Ali will get what he deserves for sending out the wrong information. Whether he was getting paid or not he should be liable to pay back the investors out of his own assets.

However, Miller is a bored pensioner and got involved promoting a scam without using his brain. But it is important to know that Miller came at the end of the charade. All I am saying is that the people who designed the scam are Bell and Guchone in Bangkok and Dieter and that low life of Udo Schaar currently hiding in Brazil spending your money on Pinga Sao Francisco (a Brazilian type of rum).

You're 100% right, except he doesn't have any of my money.

Must be a terrible feeling to be wanted or suspected for a crime like this. I can't imagine it's much fun to be constantly worried about getting arrested knowing that of course they all get caught in the end. What fools they were to think they could get away with it.

What seminar is that? You do realise that these people running seminars are mostly out to scam you with worthless training.

Tell me about it, i have had a lot of them trying it on as well, this company was recommended to me by a friend, i went to one of there other seminars and strangly enough they dont seem to have any sales staff, they do keep in touch with the odd email but the knowledge and advice for a beginner (I have only been to the starter seminars) is PERFECT, cost effect and for me personally its the nail right on the head, very easy to digest knowledge and networking after as well its really cool, especially for 50 quid! - check em out - Learn The Edge got some really good backing and endorsements!!

Hi all
Our group of investors has recently made new discoveries,
The table s bill where Morton Schaar Ceccarelli were sitting at the white turf st Moritz has not been payed. Som only cashed in never payed anyone.

Ceccarelli Dimitri the impostor who sold for Bell and Guchone and Som since 2004 is still free and ,althoug the Zurich insurance has been informed several times, he still works for the Zurich insurance.
The wife of the impostor, ladro or truffatore in italian , works at the corner bank and handles visa card numbers in Lugano.
The second prosecutor attorney in charge for the case in Lugano ,Nicola Corti, delayed the investigation 6 months declaring only after that period that he gave consultancy advices to som .
Everyone in Lugano,Poschiavo and St Moritz knows that Ceccarelli Dimitri is an impostor.He is still free deriding serious people ,that he called friends,that he defrauded.
So if you are thinking of Switzerland as a reputable place where justice is garanteed think twice .
We feel ashame for our country .Brokerage is very poorly regulared here .
We ll keep you informed about the next round of investigation .the new prosecutor attorney for the penal cases in Lugano is a woman very kind but determined.
We hope that this blog will not be closed since it was an essential tool in discoveryng the spirit on media fraudolent nature of the business and the many connections with organised financial crime
worldwide.Moreover when you type Ceccarelli Schaar Falkenhahan Breuer on google you will discover very useful informations that will hamper their future business opportunities.
Stay tuned

The must must thank our jurisdicional system

Hello - first time poster here.

I came across this thread when researching something and my jaw dropped. Why? Well, I know Paul Miller and have done for many years (decades). Indeed he is a bored pensioner and lives in Havant near Portsmouth in Hampshire, UK. The phone number provided on his emails etc is his home phone number. He has absolutely no formal training/qualification in financial matters of any kind and only began to teach himself a few years ago. He has tried to get me involved in more than one "questionable" investment. In fact, the last three are all linked. Here's the brief history:

1. About 5 - 7 years ago he told me about an investment for a new gas pipeline in Thailand (or nearby) and sent photos to prove it. They proved nothing - just an outbuilding with no chemical plant stuff and a rather cheap sign written in Thai. I asked questions and he said, enthusiastically, that he had met the investing company and that they really wanted him to invest in a German TV company called RazeTV. When asked, he said that any gains would be paid into a Swiss bank account to avoid capital gains tax (red lights at this point). I discovered that there was a legitimate RazeTV website and a false one (one was razetv.de and the other raze.tv - or something like that). And there was a guy in Hong Kong who seemed to be important and connected to...

2. Forward to a couple of years ago. He contacted me again and tried to pursuade me to invest in a new opportunity - Spiriton. He said he'd invested GBP50,000 and I should do likewise. He gave some BS about the shares being a few pennies but that the company was due to float and the price would go sky high and "make us millionaires" (Only Fools and Horses, anyone?). He sent me a link to a pathetically lamentable promotional video in which he and 6 or so other "investors" sat in front of a camera. He said all the words including "there's nothing to be worried about...I'm going to make lots of money...we're all going to make lots of money!" So, I watched the share price. I know enough about trading to lose everything but even I could see what was going on. Sadly, he managed to convince his own son to invest GBP20,000.

3. Forward to today (hence my ending up here) - now he's pushing another - but this time "proper" - opportunity: equi8.com. Yet another betting company based in Germany. A quick look at the WHOIS for that website led me to "Borgetto, Paul [email protected]". Fancy that.

See how they are all connected?

Having know him for so long, I know his track record when it comes to investments. He's been married and divorced four times and in all but one he lost all his real estate. Most recently, he lost an entire bed-and-breakfast business to a Philippino nurse that he got pregnant when working in Saudi Arabia. She knew from the start what she was up to.

Frankly, I really don't know if he is just remarkably gullible and ignorant of being manipulated or is purposely out to scam people. But I do know this: keep your money away from anything to do with him. His financial track record alone speaks volumes whether or not any malicious activity is taking place.

Really, thanks for this and confirming what we all knew about Comical Ali AKA Paul Miller. Whether he's malicious or not is open to question but he's certainly a mug.

Here an interesting link about Schaar that is already well known to justice in Germany ,you can use google translator ..
Hier noch ein kleiner Artikel über den Auftrag an Carlitta,für all die die es noch nicht wußten.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Millionenbetrug mit Michael Jackson?

Die Staatsanwaltschaft ermittelt gegen drei deutsche Geschäftspartner des Popstars, die Produkte in seinem Namen vermarkten

Berlin/Darmstadt - Gegen drei deutsche Geschäftspartner des amerikanischen Popstars Michael Jackson ermittelt die Schwerpunkt-Staatsanwaltschaft Wirtschaftskriminalität in Darmstadt wegen des Verdachts des Betruges. (Az 22 JS 5154/000). Sie sollen bei der Vermarktung von Merchandising-Produkten im Zusammenhang mit der History World Tour Part II des Popstars 1997 über 60 Firmen geprellt haben. Die Geschäfte wurden über die Firma MJ (für Michael Jackson) Mystery Drinks GmbH abgewickelt, nach eigenen Angaben Hauptsponsor der History-Tour Jacksons. Inzwischen hat die Gesellschaft Konkurs angemeldet. Das bestätigte Staatsanwalt Ger Neuber WELT am SONNTAG auf Anfrage.
Die betroffenen Unternehmen haben nach Informationen von WELT am SONNTAG durch den Konkurs insgesamt mehrstellige Millionenbeträge verloren. "Wir haben den Vertrag in gutem Glauben abgeschlossen und wurden nur hinters Licht geführt", sagt ein Mitarbeiter von Carlitta Porzellan. Das Kleinunternehmen hatte Jackson-Figuren entwickelt und produziert. Auf 7000 von ihnen ist es schließlich sitzen geblieben "Unser Verlust beläuft sich auf fast 250000 Mark", sagt ein Mitarbeiter der Geschäftsführung des Betriebes.

Konzerne wie die Deutsche Telekom, Gerling und Minolta zählen ebenfalls zu den Geschädigten - und die Münchner Konzertagentur Mama Concerts & Rau. Sie alle haben entweder Geld oder Leistungen in die History-Tour und deren anschließende Merchandising-Vermarktung investiert, für die der angebliche Hauptsponsor die Gegenleistungen schuldig blieb.

Bei der Geltendmachung dieser Ansprüche geht es nicht nur um die im Insolvenzverfahren stehende MJ Mystery Drinks GmbH, die Dieter Wiesner und Udo Schaar zur Vermarktung der History-Tour gegründet hatten. Lizenzverträge wurden über die MJ Mystery Holding Ltd. von Schaar und Wiesner mit Sitz in Hongkong abgeschlossen, zum Beispiel mit Carlitta. Beide Geschäftsleute waren zudem an der Gründung der MJ Net.Entertainment AG in Frankfurt und der Global Communication GmbH in Eppertshausen beteiligt . Auch diese Gesellschaften sind mit Jackson-Merchandising beschäftigt.

Und was weiß Michael Jackson von den Geschäften in und mit seinem Namen? Klar ist nur, dass der Popstar den ehemaligen Gesellschaftern der Mystery Drinks GmbH am 23. September 1998 die Rechte zur Vermarktung seines Labels eingeräumt hat. "Ich autorisiere hiermit Herrn Dieter Wiesner und Herrn Udo Schaar exklusiv das Design, die Entwicklung und den Aufbau der Mystery Franchise Shops weltweit zu koordinieren, alle Verhandlungen zu führen, einschließlich finanzieller Angelegenheiten. Alle Aktivitäten in Zusammenhang mit der Verkaufsförderung der Mystery - The Official Michael Jackson Products, die eingeführt und weltweit verkauft werden sollen, unterliegen der Prüfung und Freigabe durch meine Person oder einen durch mich autorisierten Vertreter", heißt es in dem von Jackson persönlich unterschriebenen Vertrag.

Damit steht Jackson unmittelbar in Geschäftsbeziehungen mit Wiesner und Schaar. Überdies scheint er ihnen auch freundschaftlich verbunden zu sein. So zeigte sich der Sänger, der sonst so sehr auf Abstand geht, während der Verleihung des World Music Awards am 9. Mai 2000 vor seinem Hotel und auf den Straßen von Monaco demonstrativ mit seinen deutschen Merchandising-Geschäftspartnern. Nur wenige Tage später, am 26. Mai, traf sich Jackson mit Schaar und Wiesner in London. Nach Informationen von WELT am SONNTAG ging es bei diesem Treffen um neue Verträge über ein Jackson-Merchandising.

Hello - first time poster here.

I came across this thread when researching something and my jaw dropped. Why? Well, I know Paul Miller and have done for many years (decades). Indeed he is a bored pensioner and lives in Havant near Portsmouth in Hampshire, UK. The phone number provided on his emails etc is his home phone number. He has absolutely no formal training/qualification in financial matters of any kind and only began to teach himself a few years ago. He has tried to get me involved in more than one "questionable" investment. In fact, the last three are all linked. Here's the brief history:

1. About 5 - 7 years ago he told me about an investment for a new gas pipeline in Thailand (or nearby) and sent photos to prove it. They proved nothing - just an outbuilding with no chemical plant stuff and a rather cheap sign written in Thai. I asked questions and he said, enthusiastically, that he had met the investing company and that they really wanted him to invest in a German TV company called RazeTV. When asked, he said that any gains would be paid into a Swiss bank account to avoid capital gains tax (red lights at this point). I discovered that there was a legitimate RazeTV website and a false one (one was razetv.de and the other raze.tv - or something like that). And there was a guy in Hong Kong who seemed to be important and connected to...

2. Forward to a couple of years ago. He contacted me again and tried to pursuade me to invest in a new opportunity - Spiriton. He said he'd invested GBP50,000 and I should do likewise. He gave some BS about the shares being a few pennies but that the company was due to float and the price would go sky high and "make us millionaires" (Only Fools and Horses, anyone?). He sent me a link to a pathetically lamentable promotional video in which he and 6 or so other "investors" sat in front of a camera. He said all the words including "there's nothing to be worried about...I'm going to make lots of money...we're all going to make lots of money!" So, I watched the share price. I know enough about trading to lose everything but even I could see what was going on. Sadly, he managed to convince his own son to invest GBP20,000.

3. Forward to today (hence my ending up here) - now he's pushing another - but this time "proper" - opportunity: equi8.com. Yet another betting company based in Germany. A quick look at the WHOIS for that website led me to "Borgetto, Paul [email protected]". Fancy that.

See how they are all connected?

Having know him for so long, I know his track record when it comes to investments. He's been married and divorced four times and in all but one he lost all his real estate. Most recently, he lost an entire bed-and-breakfast business to a Philippino nurse that he got pregnant when working in Saudi Arabia. She knew from the start what she was up to.

Frankly, I really don't know if he is just remarkably gullible and ignorant of being manipulated or is purposely out to scam people. But I do know this: keep your money away from anything to do with him. His financial track record alone speaks volumes whether or not any malicious activity is taking place.

Equi8 is a joke, it's no more than a crap website which is supposed to be a German online betting platform. Betting online in Germany is not apparently even legal so you get the picture. Miller has acted (contrary to FSA rules) as investor relations officer for SOM and this latest outfit.

He may be a fool but he's a dangerous fool, many people have invested on his advice. Another person who was promoting SOM also owns a B&B in Hampshire, that's quite a coincidence.

Here an interesting link about Schaar that is already well known to justice in Germany ,you can use google translator ..
Hier noch ein kleiner Artikel über den Auftrag an Carlitta,für all die die es noch nicht wußten.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Millionenbetrug mit Michael Jackson?

Die Staatsanwaltschaft ermittelt gegen drei deutsche Geschäftspartner des Popstars, die Produkte in seinem Namen vermarkten

Berlin/Darmstadt - Gegen drei deutsche Geschäftspartner des amerikanischen Popstars Michael Jackson ermittelt die Schwerpunkt-Staatsanwaltschaft Wirtschaftskriminalität in Darmstadt wegen des Verdachts des Betruges. (Az 22 JS 5154/000). Sie sollen bei der Vermarktung von Merchandising-Produkten im Zusammenhang mit der History World Tour Part II des Popstars 1997 über 60 Firmen geprellt haben. Die Geschäfte wurden über die Firma MJ (für Michael Jackson) Mystery Drinks GmbH abgewickelt, nach eigenen Angaben Hauptsponsor der History-Tour Jacksons. Inzwischen hat die Gesellschaft Konkurs angemeldet. Das bestätigte Staatsanwalt Ger Neuber WELT am SONNTAG auf Anfrage.
Die betroffenen Unternehmen haben nach Informationen von WELT am SONNTAG durch den Konkurs insgesamt mehrstellige Millionenbeträge verloren. "Wir haben den Vertrag in gutem Glauben abgeschlossen und wurden nur hinters Licht geführt", sagt ein Mitarbeiter von Carlitta Porzellan. Das Kleinunternehmen hatte Jackson-Figuren entwickelt und produziert. Auf 7000 von ihnen ist es schließlich sitzen geblieben "Unser Verlust beläuft sich auf fast 250000 Mark", sagt ein Mitarbeiter der Geschäftsführung des Betriebes.

Konzerne wie die Deutsche Telekom, Gerling und Minolta zählen ebenfalls zu den Geschädigten - und die Münchner Konzertagentur Mama Concerts & Rau. Sie alle haben entweder Geld oder Leistungen in die History-Tour und deren anschließende Merchandising-Vermarktung investiert, für die der angebliche Hauptsponsor die Gegenleistungen schuldig blieb.

Bei der Geltendmachung dieser Ansprüche geht es nicht nur um die im Insolvenzverfahren stehende MJ Mystery Drinks GmbH, die Dieter Wiesner und Udo Schaar zur Vermarktung der History-Tour gegründet hatten. Lizenzverträge wurden über die MJ Mystery Holding Ltd. von Schaar und Wiesner mit Sitz in Hongkong abgeschlossen, zum Beispiel mit Carlitta. Beide Geschäftsleute waren zudem an der Gründung der MJ Net.Entertainment AG in Frankfurt und der Global Communication GmbH in Eppertshausen beteiligt . Auch diese Gesellschaften sind mit Jackson-Merchandising beschäftigt.

Und was weiß Michael Jackson von den Geschäften in und mit seinem Namen? Klar ist nur, dass der Popstar den ehemaligen Gesellschaftern der Mystery Drinks GmbH am 23. September 1998 die Rechte zur Vermarktung seines Labels eingeräumt hat. "Ich autorisiere hiermit Herrn Dieter Wiesner und Herrn Udo Schaar exklusiv das Design, die Entwicklung und den Aufbau der Mystery Franchise Shops weltweit zu koordinieren, alle Verhandlungen zu führen, einschließlich finanzieller Angelegenheiten. Alle Aktivitäten in Zusammenhang mit der Verkaufsförderung der Mystery - The Official Michael Jackson Products, die eingeführt und weltweit verkauft werden sollen, unterliegen der Prüfung und Freigabe durch meine Person oder einen durch mich autorisierten Vertreter", heißt es in dem von Jackson persönlich unterschriebenen Vertrag.

Damit steht Jackson unmittelbar in Geschäftsbeziehungen mit Wiesner und Schaar. Überdies scheint er ihnen auch freundschaftlich verbunden zu sein. So zeigte sich der Sänger, der sonst so sehr auf Abstand geht, während der Verleihung des World Music Awards am 9. Mai 2000 vor seinem Hotel und auf den Straßen von Monaco demonstrativ mit seinen deutschen Merchandising-Geschäftspartnern. Nur wenige Tage später, am 26. Mai, traf sich Jackson mit Schaar und Wiesner in London. Nach Informationen von WELT am SONNTAG ging es bei diesem Treffen um neue Verträge über ein Jackson-Merchandising.

Same story, different sources going back to 2003

Possibly the most expensive energy drink ever - Michael Jackson Energy Drink on Ebay - National caffeine | Examiner.com

Jacko Loses Logo; Manager Owns Sex Clubs | Fox News

Jacko Fires Longtime Lawyer, Adviser | Fox News

HI all,

new to this website so please excuse if you have read this all before,

I purchased ALV & Raze TV shares some time ago and had accepted the fact that I would never receive a penny in return, I have now though been contacted by

"Turner Financial, with its principal executive office at 15th Flr., Akasaka Tokyu Plaza Bldg.14-3, Nagata-cho 2-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0014 Japan"

Mr. Paul McLaughlin
Managing Directior

Mr. David Duggan
Sr. Manager, Compliance Department

They have offered me USD$10.5 a share, if I agree to sell I have to send them a "legend conversion charge"

Has anyone ever heard of them or this type of fee?

Regards

hemmers

It is a scam
Many investors have been scammed twice...don t accept the ridicolous proposal .
The adresses of the investors have been sold or given to those impostors, they may be Guchone Bell or other impostors , call the financial crime control usa if you do not believe us.
Why they should buy the stocks from you if the can buy them at the otc and why they shoul buy stoks of worthless po box companies?
The cold calling is a 50.000 us million scam worldwide..

Hemmers

Glad you posted here because we're about to save you a lot of money.

There is NO company called Turner Financial, it is a boiler room scam operation. They're trying to work an 'advance fee' fraud on you, basicallly tangle a nice fat profit in front of you (you can almost smell the money!) but first you're going to have to pay the 'legend conversion charge' . Pay that and 2 things will happen -

1. The moey WILL be stolen, no ifs and buts, IT WILL BE STOLEN FROM YOU, and

2. You won't receive $10.50 for your shares, in fact you won't even receive $0.01 because the company is 100% worthless.

Be careful because you're on a list and that means you'll be getting plenty of calls in the future, each offering you 'great investments', easy money talk etc. BUT ALL OF THEM WILL BE FROM LIARS, THIEVES, SCAMMERS AND ALL-AROUND SCUM.

Well done for doing some internet searching and asking questions. Get back in contact in the future if you're unsure of ANYTHING related to cold calls and/or investments. We'll help you keep hold of your cash :)

Hemmers, if when they call back why not be as rude as possible to them, afterall they were sweet talking you in order to steal. If it was me I'd really give it to them, they hate it when people tell them they're thieves, ie the truth really hurts with this sort of scum.

Also, can you post their website address if you have it. Thanks

HI all,

new to this website so please excuse if you have read this all before,

I purchased ALV & Raze TV shares some time ago and had accepted the fact that I would never receive a penny in return, I have now though been contacted by

"Turner Financial, with its principal executive office at 15th Flr., Akasaka Tokyu Plaza Bldg.14-3, Nagata-cho 2-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0014 Japan"

Mr. Paul McLaughlin
Managing Directior

Mr. David Duggan
Sr. Manager, Compliance Department

They have offered me USD$10.5 a share, if I agree to sell I have to send them a "legend conversion charge"

Has anyone ever heard of them or this type of fee?

Regards

hemmers

Just use common sense, why would anybody pay you $10 a share when they could buy the same shares for 1 or 2 cents on the Frankfurt stock exchange? This is called an advance fee fraud, they ask you to pay a fee up front with the promise of you getting much more in return, then they disappear with the money you gave them. You fell for this scam once so they now assume you are a soft touch, you'll get plenty more calls, every single one will be a scam.

Hello to everyone, it's a pleasure to talk in this forum.
I am writing on behalf of defrauded investors of Spirit On Media plc from Italy. Has anyone updated news about SOM? What happened to mr Ceccarelli, Udo & friends?
Why we not organize a class action to recover our money from this scam pre-organized and send to prison those people?

Over 15 inverstors from Milan that lose all their money, they don't know how to proceed. This scam can not end this way, many italian investors are uninformed and would be usefull witness with clear scam e-mails from SOM offices, documents bank transfert, other documents of private trading , ILLEGAL, especially from the office in Lugano, that would clarify the scam. Who cheated us, must begine to tremble for real.

It has come to my attention that there might be a connection between Spiriton and .....???

Megaupload - Kim Dotcom
Prosecutors in New Zealand denied bail for Kim Dotcom, also known as Kim Schmitz, on Monday, and said that the founder of the file sharing site Megaupload would have to remain in federal custody as he prepares for a legal fight.

Dotcom, now a millionaire who authorities say built an elaborate empire of riches thanks to a conspiracy created to dupe copyright holders from half-a-billion dollars, is being labeled an “extreme” flight risk. Authorities in New Zealand fear that if released from custody, Dotcom will disappear and the court case they attempt to build him will be meaningless with no culprit to pin it on.

The indictment, which comes after a raid on Dotcom’s mansion and shutdown of the site last Thursday, is “riddled with inconsistencies,” says the Crime in the Suites website specializing in white collar crime. Megaupload, at one point one of the most viewed sites in the world, is being accused for allowing patrons to take advantage of its generous file sharing interface, thus allowing the Web to become rampant with pirated material.

Now American authorities are beginning plans to extradite Dotcom to the States so that they can charge him in the US with crimes, but examining the inconsistencies between this case and similar ones of yesteryear alleviates a conspiracy of its own. Never mind the allegations that Dotcom managed to make millions by selling subscriptions and advertisements on his own allegedly illegal website — the witch-hunt against the Web star is being lauded as an attempt to crush Internet freedoms in a vast conspiracy that once against pits the United States Congress and its corporate supporters against the international computer community.

The way the authorities are going about the case, so far, is anything but clear. Tackling sites that allegedly perpetuate illegal activity on the Web is almost as old as the Internet itself. But turning a simple file sharing site into Public Enemy Number One of the US government is not as much of a concern to many as another issue. Instead, many are left questioning how the US government is picking and choosing who to prosecute as it escalates its War on the Web.

Megaupload managed to quietly climb the ranks to the top of online dominancy, but the demise of the file sharing site, a transformation that started Thursday with a raid of its owner’s house in New Zealand, has since been anything but low-key.

As he awaits trial overseas, Dotcom has become an unlikely Internet celebrity. The success comes in part to his beastly physical characteristics (the hairless proprietor of the site tips the scales at nearly 300-pounds and stands at 6’6”, or 130 kg and 2m tall). Also a significant factor in his new found success, however, has been his role in helping make the Web an easier outlet for file transferring. Off of the Internet though, the United States government is transforming Dotcom into something else: the poster boy for prosecuting online crimes.

In earlier cases that attempted to thwart online file sharing, the government went after sites such as Google and YouTube, insisting that publishing or making available copyrighted content was a direct infringement. In those cases, however, the allegedly guilty parties got off with little to no reprimand by deleting the content in question and agreeing to abide by a similar practice in the future. Such is allowed by means of the safe harbor provisions listed within the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

In the case of Megaupload, the government isn’t trying to be as understanding.

While there are seemingly no differences between uploading a copyrighted clip to YouTube as there was with Megaupload, the US government is painting a picture of Dotcom’s service in which the website operated only by the most illegal of measures. The government insists that Megaupload went out of their way to deliver a site that appeared legitimate, though the operators were well aware that they were milking the music and entertainment industry out of hundreds of millions while raking in the profits for themselves. At the same time, however, the government also admits that Megaupload had a policy in play in which they would delete pirated content if material was flagged as questionable or inappropriate for the site.

The same happens on sites like YouTube, but the FBI never arranged a top-secret raid on their Silicon Valley headquarters or seized the assets of its top officials. Maybe that's because Google, who owns YouTube, also spends millions on lobbying in Washington.

In 2010, Google spent $5.16 million on lobbying for legislation on Capitol Hill. That statistic represented a rise in nearly 30 percent from a year earlier. By October 2011, Google was already down $5.9 million in lobbying fees for the year and was sure to see them crack $6 million for the first time before 2012 came around. The public interest group Consumer Watchdog Group even rallied for Google CEO Eric Schmidt to file the paperwork to become a by-the-books lobbyist, with the organization’s director John Simpson saying in a press release last year that Schmidt is “clearly trying to influence policy.”

While traditionally Megaupload should be able to get off on the claims that they corrected any illegal actions on their servers by deleting pirated material as per the safe harbor provision, the US feds aren’t having it. YouTube was kept from facing any liability by being granted immunity thanks to safe harbor provisions in a 2007 case that made it to a US District Court judge. For Dotcom, an outcome isn’t quite as likely.

In his defense, attorneys say that Megaupload was just a file storage site, and that patrons that used it for illegal means did so against the service’s policy. Should both New Zealand and American authorities come through with building a big enough case to lobby charges against Dotcom, however, an extradition could soon come to fruition. In order for such to happen though, both jurisdictions must agree that the accused were in violation of a criminal offense, and it is for that offense that the suspect then be extradited for. American authorities are skewing their interpretation of a law that was overlooked with cases such as the battle with Google, however, and are now setting out to make an example of Megaupload.

In a blog post added Monday morning, the Crime in the Suites site adds that “Megaupload, an online storage and web hosting service site, counts itself in the same category as YouTube and Veoh — merely acting as a hosting company that provides access to content.” They add, however, that “By invoking the full wrath of US criminal laws, the government is using tools that were never meant for this situation – and is potentially doing incalculable harm to thousands of Internet users and to the integrity of the Web itself.”

In the meantime, other sites are taking preemptive measures to avoid similar raids. While Megaupload was one of the most popular file sharing sites that allowed users to upload and distribute large amounts of data, it was certainly not the only. In a manner of days, however, the market for these “storage locker” sites has decreased dramatically, as webmasters fear that their site could be the next subjected by an internationally-orchestrated crackdown.

In the days since Megaupload went offline, most of what at one point was the competition in the realm of file sharing services have filed suit. The popular Fileserve, FileJungle, UploadStation and FileSonic sites are only a sampling of the similar services which have since either suspended their programs or drastically diminished its storage functionality.

Still, others are confident that they will be sparred any scrutiny.

"We're not concerned or scared about the raid," Daniel Raimer, a spokesperson for RapidShare, tells the Ars Technica website. "File hosting itself is a legitimate business." Hackers, pirates and millions of regular online users are using that same defense, but in the eyes of the US government, things aren’t as black-or-white. Yes, the Stop Online Piracy Act and Protect IP Act — or SOPA and PIPA, respectively — have been indefinitely halted in Congress, but law enforcement could be using other authority to crack down on a free and open Web, even without the controversial legislation which would have made it as easy as a click of a button. As RT reported last year, at least three recent court cases in the US yielded District Court judges to shut-down websites alleged to be third-party bootleggers without ever allowing the defense to make a statement. In the case of one website shut-down, the Phillip Morris Agency decried that a competing site was retailing Phillip Morris products without authorization. In that instance, the website Techdirt.com reported that “based solely on the declaration of a Philip Morris employee, the court is ordering the full transfer not just of websites, but of any funds being sent to a website.”

“Even if SOPA is defeated, it may turn out to be a Pyrrhic victory,” Venkat Balasubramani of the Eric Goldman Technology and Marketing Law Blog wrote at the time. “Opponents may win the battle but may not have gained much as a result."

While Balasubramani had those words to say only weeks before SOPA and PIPA were halted in Congress, it took only one day after a massive online blackout in opposition to the legislations spawned not just massive disapproval of the bills — but also the crackdown on Megaupload. Coincidence or not, the raid on Kim Dotcom’s mansion and the shut-down of his site came mere hours after an online campaign opposing SOPA and PIPA came to a close, in which Google, Reddit, Craigslist and others rallied against the bills.

Is the federal government letting America know that they don’t need a new set of rules when they do as they wish already?

“Support file-sharing. Legal or not. It is our right,” Anonymous-aligned hacktivist Sabu tweeted recently. As made clear by the large number of sites that have since voluntarily gone black to avoid a similar shutdown of Megaupload proportions, however, many on the Web might still support the idea of file-sharing — but aren’t ready to take it to court.

If that’s the case, the United States government might very well have gotten what they wanted. Unlike file sharing, however, the response to their attack on Megaupload stands to cost them substantially. So far the retaliation for the takedown of Megaupload has led to a crippling assault on the sites for the FBI, Department of Justice, Motion Picture Associate of America and other entertainment industry and government websites, an attack credited to the online collective Anonymous.

“Even without SOPA having been passed yet, the federal government always had tremendous power to do some of the things that they want to do,” Barret Brown, Project PM founder and occasional Anonymous collaborator, told RT last week. “So if this is what can occur without SOPA being passed, imagine what can occur after SOPA is passed?” he asked.

“We can expect a great deal of havoc of the sort we saw today,” Brown added only moments after the FBI’s website was brought to a halt. We’re going to see it in a stepped up fashion.”

“This is a war they plan on fighting until the end and so do we,” he added.

Connections have to be proved....it could be, in fact many spirit on media investors receive daily lot of email spam ,casinos advertising,calls from wannabe buyers of spirit on media stocks(where you have to send an advance fee)Phishing ....kim dotcom,actually acted in Thailand Germany HK where the spirit on media impostors were active...

Hi
This is my first post here. I have only been reading up to now, but I thought I would add that I have also been cold called by Turner financial ( Turner Financial, Inc.)
I won't be answering any further calls from them. I have accepted long ago that my money is lost, and the whole Spiriton fiasco is a scam. I have learned a lesson and I hope this will help others who may be conntacted by such people