Spiriton Media Group

Hi PBOYLES and ANLEY

Not that I'm bothered about Bio Defence but just did a Google search on them and found this little snippet;

Broker alert - a fake is a fake under any name

R. R. writes: I have received several calls from James Delacy, who says he is one of the principals of stockbroker Wainwright, whose number is 020 7019 6388.

He is pushing shares in Bio Defense Corp, an American company. He says his firm has been awarded the rights to carry out a flotation of the shares later this year.

He is offering them now at £4.50 and says they are likely to open at above £7 or even £9. However, I cannot find Wainwright in Stock Exchange lists of brokers.

The full name of the broking firm is Stratton Wainwright Advisory. Not that this will help you much in tracing it, since a fake is still a fake under any name. Neither the firm nor James Delacy is licensed by the Financial Services Authority.

Stratton Wainwright Advisory makes use of addresses in Stratton Street, Mayfair, and Geneva, but both are maildrops, run by an international company that takes in mail for anyone who pays and then forwards it to their real location.

The maildrop company also answers the phone, so callers think that they are talking to Stratton Wainwright Advisory.

The same phone number has been used before - by a Channel Islands firm selling herbal remedies.

Where are the brokers really based? Your guess is as good as mine. Their website is in Panama. What you can be sure of is that they are not at their two published addresses and that they are not to be trusted with a penny of your money.

this is from the following web site : http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/o...rticle_id=481269&in_page_id=19&in_author_id=5

Can't find SOM on there, but here is something ALV Group and a meeting I was invited to but couldn't make it!! This had more to do with another company GreenWorld Solutions though.
The update file

The City of London Police crackdown on boiler room share deceptions has scored another success. Last weekend, potential investors were invited to a London hotel for a presentation by Paul Richard Bell of Hong Kong-based ALV Group, a broking firm that has been the subject of warnings by watchdogs in Portugal and Sweden.

Officers from the Economic Crime Department went along too. A spokesman said: 'We are seeing an increase in the sale of purported shares from the Far East and this investigation is part of our commitment to disrupt boiler room activity and bring offenders to justice.'

Bell, an American, is in my files already. About ten years ago, he worked for a Thai boiler room called International Asset Management that cheated investors around the world. He was arrested in Australia in 2001, where he claimed to be terminally ill, eking out a living by teaching English in Thailand. He was given a suspended jail sentence for fraud.

Police say three people were arrested at the ALV presentation and later bailed. They declined to confirm that Bell was one of them.

the link if your interested: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/o...rticle_id=447688&in_page_id=19&in_author_id=5

Make of them what you want, but from now on lets try and keep this forum to SOM and information pertaining to them. If people want to open a Bio Defence(defense) forum then please do.

Cheers

Mugs

Was ALV Group somehow connected to SOM, did someone mention that they bought their SOM shares from ALV Group or am I getting confused?

Was ALV Group somehow connected to SOM, did someone mention that they bought their SOM shares from ALV Group or am I getting confused?

ALV Group approached Raze TV, which later became Spirit On Media, to act as their broker in selling the shares, they finally fell out of bed with each other when it was discovered ALV Group had embezzled c €1million out of SOM.
ALV Group is who I and many others bought there shares through. But they have now disappeared off the face of the earth. Surprise Surprise!!
Having said that this was over a year ago now and since then I have had contact initially from the directors by return mail and now through the IR, so the plot either thickens or is starting to make sense whichever way you want to read it.
I myself read it as the glass half full, but who knows what the future holds!!

Cheers
Mugs:cool:

ALV Group approached Raze TV, which later became Spirit On Media, to act as their broker in selling the shares, they finally fell out of bed with each other when it was discovered ALV Group had embezzled c €1million out of SOM.
ALV Group is who I and many others bought there shares through. But they have now disappeared off the face of the earth. Surprise Surprise!!
Having said that this was over a year ago now and since then I have had contact initially from the directors by return mail and now through the IR, so the plot either thickens or is starting to make sense whichever way you want to read it.
I myself read it as the glass half full, but who knows what the future holds!!

Cheers

I think you can be sure that ALV Group were operating a scam, the question is whether or not SOM were part of the scam or an innocent party. Some of the links I posted mentioned that sometimes the company itself is not part of the scam. I'd have given them the benefit of the doubt but for one major issue, the fact they wont give you your shares. I cant think of any genuine reason for them to do that, if you read about pump and dump scams on those links you will see how they operate and how the SOM price action has mirrored that of a pump and dump scam.

Think about what has happened, the stock was promoted through boiler rooms (ALV being one) and lots of people bought into it, the price then rose to over 3 euros (but you couldnt sell because they wouldnt give you the shares), once the shares reached a good price someone (and its not the general public) sold a large number of shares and pushed the price down to zero.

Text book pump and dump or just an unfortunate coincidence?

Hi PBOYLES

That would seem to be the case, however my original investment was over 4 years ago, and my last in 2008 when I did start asking the questions, well before the RTO of CIT and the share increase, so while there is a clear comparison with a pump and dump scam, other things don't point to this being one!! I really don't know, I believe SOM are purely an innocent party trying to resolve the mess left to them by ALV and the lack of the correct IR personnel. As I asked before would scammers go to the lengths of creating umpteen companies, putting out numerous news articles after the share price had already fallen? Something doesn't make sense and so while I understand everyone's scepticism I will be giving SOM the benefit of the doubt until the 13th at least. As for having my Share Certs, well at this moment in time it's not worth having them anyway!!!
Cheers
Mugs

Hi PBOYLES

As I asked before would scammers go to the lengths of creating umpteen companies, putting out numerous news articles after the share price had already fallen?
Mugs

Perhaps they are going to pump and dump it again, who knows. Maybe that's why they are so sensitive about what's written here.

Perhaps they are going to pump and dump it again, who knows. Maybe that's why they are so sensitive about what's written here.

True; but then at least OLDONELEG might be able to sell his shares quickly and get a few bob!!
Again I sound like a parrot, but all we can do is wait for the 13th and go from there!!

Cheers

Just an observation after going back to when I bought. ALV Group was part of ALV. The directors of ALV are the same directors of SOM. So, if there was a scam going on, wouldn't you think they would know about since they were part of the same?? People are confusing the matter that started this forum and that is the fact that SOM has not issued the shares to their investors. They have written many excuses but the fact of the matter is we still don't have them and that's coming from the company itself. Now - currently! Maybe we should ask directly if any of the directors or family members have sold their shares? They wrote about using treasury shares in some of their dealings. Maybe that is what we see on the market trading. I've read comments about the shares that traded only amounted to small potatoes even though it was 500,000 or 600,000 shares. Yes, at .02 it's little value but at 3 Euros it's alot.

I also heard that the law firm that handles SOM HQ in London -Halliwells filed for adminstrator and is no longer at the office of SOM. If true, it means that they have no address and have no solicitor. I have not yet confirmed this but maybe one of you knows or can find out. This is of no fault of SOM but i wonder what concerns this brings to the company?

Just an observation after going back to when I bought. ALV Group was part of ALV. The directors of ALV are the same directors of SOM. So, if there was a scam going on, wouldn't you think they would know about since they were part of the same??

SOMSHARES; as far as I understood it, ALV Group Germany and ALV Group HK were completely separate entities and as such ALV Germany were extremely peeved, slight understatement, with ALV HK when all the crap originally came out the embezzlement, possible scam and missed time frame of issuing the share certs. So yes I'm sure they know about it, but would forget being duped by Mr Bell and his cronies.

As for Halliwells; yes they are sadly no more, but according to this article the whole company has been sold off. So I would assume SOM will be contacted by the new owners of the London branch in due course?
http://www.chadwicklawrence.co.uk/legalupdate/index.php/chadwick-lawrence-solicitors/726/

Cheers
Mugs

SOMSHARES; as far as I understood it, ALV Group Germany and ALV Group HK were completely separate entities and as such ALV Germany were extremely peeved, slight understatement, with ALV HK when all the crap originally came out the embezzlement, possible scam and missed time frame of issuing the share certs. So yes I'm sure they know about it, but would forget being duped by Mr Bell and his cronies.

As for Halliwells; yes they are sadly no more, but according to this article the whole company has been sold off. So I would assume SOM will be contacted by the new owners of the London branch in due course?
http://www.chadwicklawrence.co.uk/legalupdate/index.php/chadwick-lawrence-solicitors/726/

Cheers
Mugs

Thanks Mugs for the response:

It was SOM that i got confirmation of my shares, not ALV. It is their responsibility to issue shares to their shareholders. Whatever internal problems they had should not have delayed the shares. Everyone broker I've talked to has said the same. I have repeated this time and time again. Ask yourself the question, why has the company continued to promise our shares and each time nothing happens?? They can blame it on Gordon Brown if they'd like but the truth is that they didn't deliver. Still haven't and if pboyles is right, they probably won't.

Thanks Mugs for the response:

It was SOM that i got confirmation of my shares, not ALV. It is their responsibility to issue shares to their shareholders. Whatever internal problems they had should not have delayed the shares. Everyone broker I've talked to has said the same. I have repeated this time and time again. Ask yourself the question, why has the company continued to promise our shares and each time nothing happens?? They can blame it on Gordon Brown if they'd like but the truth is that they didn't deliver. Still haven't and if pboyles is right, they probably won't.

Well it seems you may not need to worry about your share certificates, Companies House has issued a 'First Gazette' stating the company is going to be struck off and dissolved on 8th September 'unless cause is shown to the contrary'.

Attachments

• first gazette.pdf
    17.7 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Hi All

SOMSHARES
My brokers have asked to fill in a nominee transfer form giving them as much information as i can and they will take it from there. So thats what i am going to do.

PBOYLES
Already seen the First Gazzette, didn't want to upset anyone any more than they already were!! But having said that SOM, here comes that parrot again, have until 13th before all merry hell breaks loose and we find out the score once and for all!!!

Cheers
Mugs

Hi All
SOMSHARES
My brokers have asked to fill in a nominee transfer form giving them as much information as i can and they will take it from there. So thats what i am going to do.

Cheers
Mugs

They're proper brokers and not someone that cold called you, right?

Well it seems you may not need to worry about your share certificates, Companies House has issued a 'First Gazette' stating the company is going to be struck off and dissolved on 8th September 'unless cause is shown to the contrary'.

No wait, wait that's not true.

Paul, one of the people (idiots) 'working' for the company tells me that the directors are hard at work sorting out the financing. It's coming very soon.....

Then everything will be fine and the shares will almost certainly rally a reasonable 37,000% back to the level where they fell from, 3.70.

Disregard that announcement in the Gazette as it was probably put there by a clique of message board pessimists who are so stupd they cannot see the REAL potential to this company. I mean the shares are 1 cent offered, surely that has to be a great deal?

I want to buy more there but feel it's immoral as the sellers obvioulsy don't know what Paul told me. Like I said an easy return of 37,000% is offer for those shrewd enough to see the company's value........

Hi Anley

You do make me laugh!! We all know what has been said could be BS, it could also be true!!
No one actually knows 100% either way!

Has anyone been able to answer my questions on how complex this "so called scam" has become? While I understand this does have a number of pointers for being a scam, there are also a number pointing to it being 100% legit and just bad management putting the mockers on things!!

Cheers
Mugs

Hi Anley

You do make me laugh!! We all know what has been said could be BS, it could also be true!!
No one actually knows 100% either way!

Has anyone been able to answer my questions on how complex this "so called scam" has become? While I understand this does have a number of pointers for being a scam, there are also a number pointing to it being 100% legit and just bad management putting the mockers on things!!

Cheers
Mugs

Apart from what the company has written about itself in various press releases what pointers are there that this is legit?

http://www.boerse-frankfurt.de/EN/index.aspx?pageID=34&ISIN=GB00B3D15P06

http://www.boerse-frankfurt.de/EN/index.aspx?pageID=40&ISIN=GB00B3D15P06

We all know what has been said could be BS, it could also be true!!

I think the fact there's a winding up petition against the company means the fat lady has sung.

Shame on people like Paul Miller for leading small and unsophisticated investors to the slaughter, shame.

For those of you that have lost money then please learn from your mistakes. The number one being - DON'T GET INVOLVED IN SMALL COMPANIES.

The only people that tend to make money out of them are the advisors and the insiders. In fact one could make an argument that small investors are there for one reason only - to provide the money to pay for the advisors and insiders.

Yet another example of a subtle and sophisticated transfer of wealth............

Dear Mugs,
The Bell afair happened 2-3 years ago. The directors of SOM invited the City of London Police to Germany to help them with their investigation,100% cooperation. Did they go to Germany? No, they accepted the fact that SOM was duped along with many other investors. SOM reimbersed any of our investors that lost money-scammers don`t do that.

That is why I am making the most of this window of opportunity to pick more shares. My limit order of 4 pence was filled at 3 1/2 pence today.
Stuttgart bid 7.4 cents this morning, is this the end of cheap shares?
Regards,
oldoneleg

whats the price of this share now? too lazy to go and read through the last 5 pages as I'm not invested in this firm, but still find this all very interesting.

No wait, wait that's not true.

Paul, one of the people (idiots) 'working' for the company tells me that the directors are hard at work sorting out the financing. It's coming very soon.....

Then everything will be fine and the shares will almost certainly rally a reasonable 37,000% back to the level where they fell from, 3.70.

Disregard that announcement in the Gazette as it was probably put there by a clique of message board pessimists who are so stupd they cannot see the REAL potential to this company. I mean the shares are 1 cent offered, surely that has to be a great deal?

I want to buy more there but feel it's immoral as the sellers obvioulsy don't know what Paul told me. Like I said an easy return of 37,000% is offer for those shrewd enough to see the company's value........

Did you really speak to Paul?? or are you just kidding?