Spank the bucketshop with a free £100 account

Jeez - back on the saddle - got a 1,2,5 point win and then my PC crashed, failed to restore and is awaiting the repair man.

FFS.

Sorry to rant here.

OK, so how the hell does CV do it? Has anyone ever tried to look at his entries to figure out what he is doing?

Seriously CV, thats damn good trading, well done. £1000 by the end of the week :)

Easy , trial and error , pyramiding in a directional volatile market like the one we have now , however this is only half the story the other half is that you need to blow a 100 pounds account 10 times to make the 1000% :LOL: . Much like these guys in fxcm contest they had great results over 1 week of trading , i made 500% in few days then .... :smart:

Trading Championship May 2012 | Myfxbook

Easy , trial and error , pyramiding in a directional volatile market like the one we have now , however this is only half the story the other half is that you need to blow a 100 pounds account 10 times to make the 1000% :LOL: . Much like these guys in fxcm contest they had great results over 1 week of trading , i made 500% in few days then .... :smart:

I don't know, its not the first time I've seen CV post up something like that.
Doesn't look like a sh1t or bust method to me.
If anything I'd say there is more emphasis on scaling out as opposed to scaling in. Just a guess.

If anything I'd say there is more emphasis on scaling out as opposed to scaling in. Just a guess.

Neither some of the guys in the contest i've shown , some of them are contest hunters they made it over several contests but they cant do it everytime , i myself made it over few contests in the past , overleverage + volatility + luck = bingo :D

we all know there are risks in running up a small account but I can assure you CV has a 'habit' of being able to do this. The fact that he is able to do it live on here and post statements shows he is confident in his methods. If we started again with another free bucket shop account he will probably spank it again but of course sometimes he will blow out.

Neither some of the guys in the contest i've shown , some of them are contest hunters they made it over several contests but they cant do it everytime , i myself made it over few contests in the past , overleverage + volatility + luck = bingo :D

this aint luck dude.

I don't doubt thats a factor.
I also don't doubt that there is significantly more to it as well.

He's just in the 1% of people on this forum who knows how to trade profitably - hence I predicted that he would cream it and everyone else playing would blow up, lol.
Like choco said - If we have another spank the bucket shop thread soon, and CV plays, i'm confident he'll spank 'em again.

If overleverage + volatility + luck were the only factors in play,
those same factors would apply to everyone, in a negative and positive way.

I'm not saying it isn't risky.
There is definately an underlying skill involved that CV has in
addition to the above points.
Its more than random chance.
I couldn't do it, and I don't mind admitting that either.

He's just in the 1% of people on this forum who knows how to trade profitably - hence I predicted that he would cream it and everyone else playing would blow up, lol.
Like choco said - If we have another spank the bucket shop thread soon, and CV plays, i'm confident he'll spank 'em again.

aye aye. he is clearly very close or indeed already has the keys to the kingdom.:D

No luck with another spank shop so far. FP comes across a bit waste of time.

Have you tried Fins? I'm with them and they give me no problems. So far. I have found them to be straight with me. They have a "give away", too, although I have not used it, so read the small print.

This morning I have made money on CAC and Dax. They do have occasional site problems, not many, so don't trade without a stop.

Doesn't look like a sh1t or bust method to me.

CV has indeed posted up his method, or at least a variation of it.
If I recall, it is mean-reversion type stuff.
The charts he posted up were very clear, unambiguous, and he made a tonne of money.
IIRC, its not quite hedging, the lines of averaging, when applied, are not symmetrical.
I was taken by it. Quite clever. He may have advanced it further by now.
(I have applied for my throw-away spank account.)

The charts he posted up were very clear, unambiguous, and he made a tonne of money.
IIRC, its not quite hedging, the lines of averaging, when applied, are not symmetrical.

Link or gtfo

But does this method make him 1000% consistently every month ? impossible . Really you only need 300 quids and you can make 25K $ monthly just join the King of the micro ! :clap:

King of the Micro | Monthly Forex Micro Trading Contest

Well his result speaks for itself. But, I do wonder about the sustainability of the high rate of gain. If it's that easy, we should have heard about him in the newspapers already for bankrupting the bucket shops. As we haven't, I don't believe we have seen the full picture.

So how is his technique working in your account ?

Why don't we start a new thread for picking apart CV's trading. This thread is about spanking bucket shops and in that regard he's got schlong. WTF else matters?

But does this method make him 1000% consistently every month ? impossible . Really you only need 300 quids and you can make 25K $ monthly just join the King of the micro ! :clap:

King of the Micro | Monthly Forex Micro Trading Contest

I have no idea what percentages he returns.
Please also understand that a bucketshop game with massive returns for fun is one thing, but his bread and butter trading may be less aggressive, and maybe he is a bit more "level-headed" in his risk profile.

Well his result speaks for itself. But, I do wonder about the sustainability of the high rate of gain. If it's that easy, we should have heard about him in the newspapers already for bankrupting the bucket shops. As we haven't, I don't believe we have seen the full picture.

So how is his technique working in your account ?

Again, sustainability is not an issue if its for fun. A blow out within the month, or a nice little bonus at the expense of the bucketshop.

I dont use CVs method in my account. My comments reflect my respect for his methodology, not that I can get my head and psychology around it to trade it.