spanish89's Daily Trading Journal!! Whooooo ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be so daft. Leeson had the whole thing down to a tee.

"Hmmmm, let me see. Not so sure about the boatload of Nikkei futs I'm long. Plus they've started calling it the Barings overhang. Thought the boys in the pit were talking about my gut for the first couple of weeks. So what to do. Hmmmmm. Ok, here we go..... SEP ATM STRADDLES in 1000 - WHAT'S THERE? SOOOOOOOOOLD."

"What - earthquake? Kobe?...... Gulp"

"What size?"

"Any size, Fatboy!"

LOL

Nah i havent been taken out again as my stop is just above $153, as im now waiting for the pullback.

Also shorting ftse from earlier and in £40 profit at mo due to what oils doing to dow.

I just wish i had got into oil now rather than at 144.80, but oh well, there was no way of knowing how high it would go before the pullback came fast n hard. :D

i havent been watching news today, but what the *bleep* is actually going on that making these giant hums though???

Iran n nigeria actually did start that war?? lOL

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL

Nah i havent been taken out again as my stop is just above $153, as im now waiting for the pullback.

Also shorting ftse from earlier and in £40 profit at mo due to what oils doing to dow.

I just wish i had got into oil now rather than at 144.80, but oh well, there was no way of knowing how high it would go before the pullback came fast n hard. :D

i havent been watching news today, but what the *bleep* is actually going on that making these giant hums though???

Iran n nigeria actually did start that war?? lOL

MSNBC - Video Front Page

Ive got a nice short in at 146.73

You are all so lucky cos you have the capital to get your sell trade in now ready for the pullback, but have a gianst stoploss you dint have to worry about being stopped out.. :D

Ive managed 2 reallign my trades so can fit bothin in wih stoplosses at 151 n 149.72

Ive got a nice short in at 146.73

You are all so lucky cos you have the capital to get your sell trade in now ready for the pullback, but have a gianst stoploss you dint have to worry about being stopped out.. :D

Ive managed 2 reallign my trades so can fit bothin in wih stoplosses at 151 n 149.72

losing 30k in one trade really is not a happy thought for me man. especially with the fact that there is so much panic at the moment it can race away hardcore...

losing 30k in one trade really is not a happy thought for me man. especially with the fact that there is so much panic at the moment it can race away hardcore...

The word is the next 6 months is what the US/Israelis have to act against Iran. Once Bush & Republicans get kicked out they will not have the appetite as before.

Heavy calculations are at work and for the next 6 months both oil, gold and currencies likely to fluctuate wildly.

The only sure bet I can see is shorting the indeces either way peace and recession or war and even more recession... :cry::cry::cry::-0

Not nice thoughts at all.

I would have tight SL on whatever either way in these volatile markets... (y)

tight stops nothing. set your stop at $300 so you won't get stopped out and hope it goes down to 140 so you can take a 600 tick profit.

The word is the next 6 months is what the US/Israelis have to act against Iran. Once Bush & Republicans get kicked out they will not have the appetite as before.

Heavy calculations are at work and for the next 6 months both oil, gold and currencies likely to fluctuate wildly.

The only sure bet I can see is shorting the indeces either way peace and recession or war and even more recession... :cry::cry::cry::-0

Not nice thoughts at all.

I would have tight SL on whatever either way in these volatile markets... (y)

Looks like 147 resistance or today... :)

Anyone else thinking of buying fannie mae when it gets really cheap and then just waiting for government to bail them out?? :LOL::cool::devilish:

tight stops nothing. set your stop at $300 so you won't get stopped out and hope it goes down to 140 so you can take a 600 tick profit.

i would love to do that mate but i dont have any way of getting access to any cash to have that stoploss.

The £1219 i have in my trading account all the money i have in the world!! :whistle:eek:

that was a p*ss-take buddy. i'll stress that I DO NOT advocate that strategy.

careful with fannie mae this afternoon.

Spanish

Seriously, I take it you like volatility, If so, I can teach you how to trade NASDAQ stocks, which make trading oil look like a walk in the park. I don't offer advice for free, but I feel sorry for the way you are getting fu*ked, and like to help a man when he's down.

It's there if you want it.
Trade safe young man.

Ah I See.

Daily Spreadbetting is a mug's game unless you geniunely know what you are doing and approaching this type of trading with backed up knowledge.

anyone else ready to call a bottom on the equities? or do you guys think that this is only the start?

freddie and fannie are sooo risky.. what if US chooses to not do anything? possible...

oil is pulling back. lets see if it can fall back under 140 today

anyone else ready to call a bottom on the equities? or do you guys think that this is only the start?

freddie and fannie are sooo risky.. what if US chooses to not do anything? possible...

oil is pulling back. lets see if it can fall back under 140 today

Northern Rock are looking like a cheap buy... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.