Spanish politics

Splitlink

Legendary member
A few weeks ago I mentioned the rise of Podemos and Ciudidanos as a possible thorn in the side of the two main Spanish parties.

I did, however, think that one of these parties would have enough seats to be able pact with the main ones.

Such has not been the case, however,. The result has been a hung government that cannot pact with anyone and form the 176 seats needed for a majority.

This is going to be a mess that I shall watch with great interest!

A complete rejection of the two traditional governing parties by the electorate with, as postre, the Catalan question! :)

As education is now widespread then the old systems can expect shocks as their inadequacies are exposed. Changes will be forced and they won't all be for the better probably. Many a populist movement once in power is shown up as in Greece.

Yes indeed. The average Spaniard is well aware that governments and banks are corrupt and collude to steal from the average man. They learnt the hard way...

100% of our income tax goes to pay the interest on government debt on money that was created out of thin air. Why should we continue to vote for that?

Yes indeed. The average Spaniard is well aware that governments and banks are corrupt and collude to steal from the average man. They learnt the hard way...

100% of our income tax goes to pay the interest on government debt on money that was created out of thin air. Why should we continue to vote for that?

I'm a lousy economist--I admit it--but I have a question.

If the population is increasing, how is the GDP going to be maintained or, preferibly increased, without printing money?

Corruption is terrible. It is a disease from which most humans suffer and we are horrified when someone, like Barcenas, Pujol or Rato, are seen to be creaming off millions, especially when they have the public trust.

However, the small man is not exempt, either. I can remember slipping ten bob to a policeman in the London docks so that I went through without opening my luggage. We all know that this goes on.

What I cannot understand is how the taxpayer can be duped for years without big time corruption being spotted and brought into question until it is well established. Pujol was Cataluña's president for 23 years and was known as "Mr 3%"!

However, back to my question. Printing, or borrowing money that will be difficult to, ever, pay back, is the problem that even rich countries like US and UK have.
What chance do smaller countries have, if they are going to give their citizens an acceptable quality of life?

So money must lose its value and money in the bank is a wasting asset.

This is what the emerging political parties seem unable to realise. The Left improves the standard of living and creates debt. I hope that the new Spanish parties realise this. I am not sure that they do.

Money is always 'printed' - that is the scam of our banking system and is known as the 'Fractional Reserve Banking System'. This means that the banks only have to have a fraction in reserve when they lend money (usually 10%).

So, you borrow 100,000 and the bank only needs to have 10,000 - the rest it creates out of thin air in an electronic transaction to your bank. That's why banks are always pushing loans. People think it's for the interest but they don't care if you never repay it because they've only given you 10k.

That's why public and government debt greatly exceeds the total amount of money in existence and why we have inflation and periodic financial crisies while the 'secret banking system' gets rich beyond dreams. It's a scam and the public falls for it because the media is bought and controlled.

If you'd like to see this being explained perfected by a 12 year old girl, this short video is highly recommended.

Last edited:
It is a bit of a juggling act to keep all the bits of a county's economy functioning but it is necessary and worthwhile. Chaos and anarchy are not acceptable to most people.