Some very basic MetaStock questions

zzaxx99

I've been a happy Sharescope user for 3 or 4 years, but as I've become more and more TA-based, the limited TA capabilities of Sharescope have started to chafe a bit, so I've been looking around for something else - and Metastock seems to be a reasonable place to start.

A couple of simple questions, to kick off with:
  • there a a number of fairly cheap copies of Metastock 8 going on ebay (legitimate packages, not a CDR clone!) - I'm tempted to get one of these as a low-cost introduction. Can anyone tell me what the upgrade policy of MS is? IE, if I've purchased a second-hand 8, can I upgrade to 9?
  • I've no great desire to subscribe to another data supply, so can I use the data that I already have from Sharescope? (I'm pretty sure the answer to this is "yes", but I'd just like to confirm

Q1 - ask MS or your supplier of MS if they would consider you as a 'new ownder' of second hand software....when you upgrage from say 8 to 9, the suppliers will ask that you send then a photocopy of CD or a manual...

Q2 - exporting from sharescope to MS is no problems at all...but please read metastock thread in software forum to learn more....

sharescope is now becoming a rather serious TA package and is good value for money...

gosh...join date 2001 and 28 questions so far upto 2004.......you are not a hermit are you...????

There could be a problem buying through E-bay. If you need support from Equis you will need a customer number to quote before you receive the info requested. So if you do buy from someone make sure there is a legitimate customer number with it.

John

As this is titled very basic metastock questions I have a problem with trying to write a system that will buy after two rising days / weeks I have tried inputting if (Close < ref(Close,-1) but Metastock requires a "," and I do not know how to proceed.I have also tried if(Close< ref(Close,1),-V,0)) but this doesn't work either.
can anybody help me.I can set uo the system on Excell but the results are difficult to read.
Larry