metastock with e signal

M

member275544

0 0
Metastock will upload the ticks automatically. If your using metastock your probably better off using their zenith data stream
Feeding metastock with esignal seems pointless. By subscribing to esignal data you get esignal for free. May as well use then esignal
Day trading with meta rt is the same as any other platform however I dont think their connection to a broker via api is particularly good
Its been some time since I used metastock rt. When I did(with their data) it was ok. The main issue I had with metastock was its speed. Running an advisor or exploration was just so so slow. Much better products around with better integration

zeeck

17 0
so I could run an exploration for GAP UP's during the day and run it on 5 minute bars or 15 minute bars?

M

member275544

0 0
Of course, you could run that on just about anything. But as I said, charts run slow, explorations slow. In the end I gave up with metastock

fibo_trader

2,759 57
I've looked everywhere to try and find a video of a day trader using metastock RT in action to make day trades and can't find it. I even asked metastock customer support if they had any videos showing how a trader would use metastock RT to make day trades and they said they didn't have any. I hope e signal will give me a TRIAL for a few days or a week at a reasonable price. otherwise I will need to pay them $135 just to try it out for one month.

so if I have a metastock folder with 2000 stocks in it, will esignal just start downloading all the new ticks to all the stocks the second I open metastock? or do you have to open a security and only then will you see the ticks on the screen in real time?

and you can run an exploration based on 5 minute or 15 minute bars can't you? or are the exploration really only good for end of day?

thanks
Metastock legacy versions RT all worked nicely with Explorations and stuff. Current versions are crap. Only M/W/D is where my trust is.

Don't use E-signal, never have, never will.

zeeck

17 0
I thought e signal was the only data provider available for legacy versions of metastock RT? I guess you're saying thompson reuters is also a data provider. well, if I can pick up a used copy of metastock RT 10 or 11 cheap, I will give it a go with thompson reuters as the data provider. I think the price for either provider is about the same (around $100 per month).