Socco's food for thought..... revisited.

I have to slightly disagree with the views of frugi and Gamma regarding systems posted on trading forums. I would say they are a valuable resource for the newb, helping them with a framework of ideas to carry out studies of observation, from which a system of their own may evolve, therefore setting them on a path that must indeed be at least a good start...of course, blindly following any old system that's posted, without so much as a glance at what its going to do for them is surely asking for a financial kicking.

Lightning

I entirely agree. Provided you have the common sense to understand that no holy grails exist and that nothing of much value will be freely given, the "framework of ideas" prove invaluable to some, I suspect.

UTB

I entirely agree. Provided you have the common sense to understand that no holy grails exist and that nothing of much value will be freely given, the "framework of ideas" prove invaluable to some, I suspect.

UTB

Wow the Blades, you really do post insightful stuff...genius you are!

Ummm...

can you explain what you mean in this post?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=350264&postcount=16

the blades said:
I only post here, though I'm registered at Elite, forex factory (I think), traders lab.

Non of these are trying to relieve you of £400

UTB

Wow the Blades, you really do post insightful stuff...genius you are!

Ummm...

can you explain what you mean in this post?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=350264&postcount=16

are you acting like a choked bishop because this is the Foyer?

I thought that was fairly obvious but it seems you need a little help. I was suggesting that the forums I post on are free, and not trying to get you to sign up to special lounges for £400. Are you suggesting that the key the the treasure chest is available for £400? I thought it was stacks of hard work.

I thought it was clear the first time - but hey - as you find help in the strangest of places then no wonder it was way beyond you.

UTB

Last edited:
Very clever NT. You almost got him to mention the name of the place that allegedly valuable information is not freely available. Did Socrates tell you to post that? It sounds like him.

Do you think I was trying to get The Blades to say The Platinum Lounge so that he would be banned? He wouldn't be banned for saying The Platinum Lounge..Just like I wouldn't be banned for saying http://www.elitetrader.com/

Or would I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rols View Post

"Your first sentence is worthy of a Kant."

"You need a spell-checker."

Classic! Very droll.

""nothing of much value will be freely given"

What a misleading and untrue statement that is, when you think about it?

Because you find or are given free information, does this mean that you attach no value to it because it is free? whereas if someone gives you similar information and then charges you money for it (in advance mind, because you wouldn't pay for it afterwards would you?) You attach worth and value to it?

Well; actually you would attach value to it because you have paid for it. You want it to have value... At least for a little while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rols View Post

"Your first sentence is worthy of a Kant."

"You need a spell-checker."

Classic! Very droll.

""nothing of much value will be freely given"

What a misleading and untrue statement that is, when you think about it?

Because you find or are given free information, does this mean that you attach no value to it because it is free? whereas if someone gives you similar information and then charges you money for it (in advance mind, because you wouldn't pay for it afterwards would you?) You attach worth and value to it?

Well; actually you would attach value to it because you have paid for it. You want it to have value... At least for a little while...

ok - I should have highlighted the "much" or something. I don't mean "no value", just that if you have a winning formula, you'll hang on to it. But if If no valuable information was shared, I wouldn't be here.;)

UTB

I've come to the conclusion that all you guys are wishing for him to come back, so as to have an argument, so you have only yourselves to blame if he does.

I've come to the conclusion that all you guys are wishing for him to come back, so as to have an argument, so you have only yourselves to blame if he does.

Actually I think he should never have been banned. Providing you dont take him seriously then you can be entertained for free while the market trundles along...

Actually I think he should never have been banned. Providing you dont take him seriously then you can be entertained for free while the market trundles along...

What annoyed me was that he thought that he was trundling the market :)

In any case, have him back, if you want, I've still got him on ignore---just in case.

Split

“the fee was £5000...he kindly tied you to [the chair]... the blindfold was then applied”.

Is this the going rate in the West End? You’ll find it a lot cheaper outside zone 1 (so a friend tells me) .

Grant.