So hypothetically what would I need to have a proper bash at this trading lark?

Been watching schatz since the start of this thread and I must admit that judging from what I've seen up to now it makes a lot more sense to try and intra-day this over forex but that possibly just how I'm wired or even . Seems to react well to opens, closes and stuff like that and even (in tick terms) moves slower after news. Hopefully gonna find a broker for swiss or bor as advised but until then am gonna keep watching this and dig up some info on historical spreads. Interesting...

Anyone care to share any info on how they pick levels for lurkers and I? I'm just looking at basics atm.

No point posting a chart because I didn't use one :)

Basically ZN seems to get range bound between overnight news /Europe open and the US open. It did this yesterday between about 11.30 and 14.00 UK time and I just picked off half a dozen ticks by repeatedly buying the bid and selling the ask, mostly between 119.035 and .040. I used T&S and market depth to pick which side the pressure seemed to be so made sure my entry was long or short based on that.

cheers.
Im gonna play with it (ZN) today as a complete experiment. Dont know a thing about it. I'll see how I get on

Have never traded FI before, had a little go this morning on T-bills using your approach, seemed to work quite nicely - rather nice scalping something that slow moving! Thanks for the tip, might do some more digging in this area.

UPDATE:
6 trades, all winners. Tonight's night out in town paid for, thanks Arabian!
No point posting a chart because I didn't use one :)

Basically ZN seems to get range bound between overnight news /Europe open and the US open. It did this yesterday between about 11.30 and 14.00 UK time and I just picked off half a dozen ticks by repeatedly buying the bid and selling the ask, mostly between 119.035 and .040. I used T&S and market depth to pick which side the pressure seemed to be so made sure my entry was long or short based on that.

u want to make a market on ZN ?! good luck u will get burned :cheesy:

Yes... anyone who gets burned doing this without understanding trading in general is not my responsibility :LOL:

u want to make a market on ZN ?! good luck u will get burned :cheesy:

Don't worry, I'm big and ugly enough to look after myself.

Just doing some more at the moment around 230 / 235.

EDIT - I should probably post-script that by saying that I'm just playing around with this, not doing it in size and not aiming to make a career out of it, but certainly looks like something that would merit further attention if scalping is your thing.

Last edited: