So hypothetically what would I need to have a proper bash at this trading lark?

Amusing how the thread went from tickwhoring June swissy to tickwhoring 10yr notes!

As a warning, if you're trying any of this on a simulator, the fills will probably be very optimistic...

Amusing how the thread went from tickwhoring June swissy to tickwhoring 10yr notes!

As a warning, if you're trying any of this on a simulator, the fills will probably be very optimistic...

actually the thread went from 'what do I need to have a go at trading' to tickwhoring, which is an even bigger leap...

On the general scepticism there seems to be towards doing this on ten-year notes, assuming you stay disciplined on stops, any reason why it won't work and you'll get burned? Genuine question from someone new to these instruments.

actually the thread went from 'what do I need to have a go at trading' to tickwhoring, which is an even bigger leap...

On the general scepticism there seems to be towards doing this on ten-year notes, assuming you stay disciplined on stops, any reason why it won't work and you'll get burned? Genuine question from someone new to these instruments.

ZN's ATR is wider than STIRs , u will scratch more often and you will incur losses more often , not to mention u cant limit your losses to 1 tick on the ZN ...

If you're trading purely to earn the spread, would you rather trade something where the average daily range is around double the spread, or 20 times the spread?

Dunno, I'm used to index futures where the ATR is 100x the spread. These ZN's are like trading in slow motion, it's great.

Again, I bow to the experience of those who do this properly, I'm not even a scalper by preference, just filling in some idle hours.

I'm up for trying out this strategy lark. I'm installing the old trading simulator as we speak. I'll spend a few weeks experimenting with this lark. It should be quite interesting :)

I really don't want to be responsible for the carange I can see on the horizon

Mr Clubs is fine doing this cause he's a savvy chap wot knows the risks... everyone else please please please please be careful unless you do this for a living or are decently experienced. There are loads of situations where you will be massacred doing the strategy I described. It is a highly profitable method I use almost every day but it has innumerable risks and you must understand the market...

Should be the normal plan when you start trading. Spend some time learning about the market and a month or two on a simulator. If consistently profitable on the simulator and you have enough capital then go live with a strict plan trading a 1-lot. Slowly increase size if it's going well.

About a year ago I was close to starting spread trading on Euribor (different approach, Arabian might remember). I didn't do it in the end because I wasn't ready and I didn't have enough money at the time. The strategy I had in mind required more capital because you have to do it with large orders, and trading capital should be money you can afford to lose.

I really don't want to be responsible for the carange I can see on the horizon

Mr Clubs is fine doing this cause he's a savvy chap wot knows the risks... everyone else please please please please be careful unless you do this for a living or are decently experienced. There are loads of situations where you will be massacred doing the strategy I described. It is a highly profitable method I use almost every day but it has innumerable risks and you must understand the market...

So why the hell are you recommending it to me you tool?

helooo everyone

well
1)yes, posting bids and offers in t-notes is going to kill you unless you know what you're doing. There are times that are OK and times that are not OK for doing it and you need to know.

2)scose you said sumthin about schatz, if i were you id look at Bobl because
i) bigger tick / same comms
ii) more tick volatility
iii) you can look at the barbell

So why the hell are you recommending it to me you tool?

cos, tard, it woudl be different in your precise circumstances with me telling you a) where levels are every day and b) because of your gay accountancy job having some disaster stops

that isn't gonna apply to most people, they're gonna get VERY bored of swiss and move onto **** which moves more, then get raped when they ain't watching when somethign suddenly happens

e.g. t-notes. As dash says, you DEFINITELY can make money out of t-notes using this strategy. It's actually really really easy. You just need to understand when to do it, and anyone copying otu of this thread probably doesn't. Even worse, they may do it for a while and keep increasing their size. Until, er, lulz day :LOL:

lulz like today? :D

@dash... I'm just watching any FI where I can get real time data really atm. I normally only check forex so just trying to get to grips with what makes it move.

that the point

forex you have no clue what moving it unless clued in. lulzily I am now in the position to know what IS moving FX but only cause I applied:

FI futures... well, you still dunno WHY it moving... but you can still see all the volume coming through and ACTUALLY moving it... see the thing?

Please ignore the penises in other threads with their squiggly lines, mr. doubt.