So hypothetically what would I need to have a proper bash at this trading lark?

hahhaahahaha, looked at them a bit more closely... well that is very cowardly. I am quite a cowardly trader even now, but back then that was extremely cowardly!

Extrapolate that method and add some testicles, and you'll do good!

(disclosure: I was not cowardly today. I wish I had been :LOL:)

Another good thing about trading FI or Index futures (and maybe energy but I don't know much beyond 321 spread) is that there is much more "real" information out there.

Like, if you were looking at Eurostoxx say, you could also look at Dax and FTSE; and so when Eurostoxx is making new highs, you can look at the others and think "is this because of something in the eurostoxx specifically, or is this broad risk appetite (like what is DAX and FTSE doing? what are the spreads doing?) that can help you make informed decisions about the appropriate trades to be taking.

One thing I think is that you should pick one asset class and stick to it. Alot of traders on forums always want to be trading the flavour of the week because that it what the talking heads on CNBC are doing. Well talking heads are paid for talking about the latest and greatest thing in the market and traders are paid for trading DUH!

really learn one market and learn how to trade it when FA is happening and learn how to trade it when the sh!t hits the fan, it's better that way. When something really interesting happens it will have an effect on your market anyway.

OH and DONT trade one market off another.

FI futures... well, you still dunno WHY it moving... but you can still see all the volume coming through and ACTUALLY moving it... see the thing?

money market hedging for budgets, large transactions, and intra company/group account rebalancing?

i think what he means scose is that really you could be locked in a room with no news and no squawk or anything, just the tape. you would see WHAT IS HAPPENING even tho you don't know why.

money market hedging for budgets, large transactions, and intra company/group account rebalancing?

misunderstood me... it wasn't a riddle... I'm just pointing out you see more of the REAL volume in the FI futures than FX (where you just have to extrapolate from price action unless you are in the know)

i think what he means scose is that really you could be locked in a room with no news and no squawk or anything, just the tape. you would see WHAT IS HAPPENING even tho you don't know why.

mr c0ck,

what is your avatar?

Last edited:
now its Martin Luther who was excommunicated from the Church because he said to the others "you can't pay another priest pray for you and get you into heaven" so I see alot of similaraties between him and me.

misunderstood me... it wasn't a riddle... I'm just pointing out you see more of the REAL volume in the FI futures than FX (where you just have to extrapolate from price action unless you are in the know)

another good thing to watch scose is the SIZE of the orders going through, specially like on a breakout or sumthin. 1 lot wonders dont move markets. TROOF.

a problem w/ volume bars is that they aggregate it. Linnsoft is dead good for this stuff but pricey compared to ninjatrader.

scose just pony up with ninjatrader and proper tape/dom for 1 month. it might cost like 50 quid whatever but until you can see market on transactional level you can p!ss away likelihood of daytrading just like everyone else here poking dirt around with a stick and looking for gold.

my 2 cents anyway.

I really don't want to be responsible for the carange I can see on the horizon

Mr Clubs is fine doing this cause he's a savvy chap wot knows the risks... everyone else please please please please be careful unless you do this for a living or are decently experienced. There are loads of situations where you will be massacred doing the strategy I described. It is a highly profitable method I use almost every day but it has innumerable risks and you must understand the market...

I did feel I was turning into Howard Cohodas in my last few posts...

(coming soon, the Jack o'Clubs Treasury Scalping ebook - yours with tutorials for just $999. Learn from a pro who's been trading this strategy successfully for, er, two days).

Last edited:
Scose - are you just lacking the motivation to just get on with it?

I'm not trying to be trite - it's a serious question. Why are you flirting with it rather than engaging with it all?

Or have I missed something?

well dont have T&S but have been watching volume bars jump

been watching schatz as I said

I thought you'd downloaded ninjatrader on a demo platform? Someone sent you a link yesterday. You can look at T+S and stuff on that.

Although I wouldn't get too excited. Personally, I never really got anything from the T+S window and the DOM screen. You can see huge buy orders that just went through and then the market will drop....or rally. Orders can be pulled from the order book etc etc. It seemed as random as patterns on charts to me, lol!

Scose - are you just lacking the motivation to just get on with it?

I'm not trying to be trite - it's a serious question. Why are you flirting with it rather than engaging with it all?

Or have I missed something?

I refer the honourable gentleman to post 2 of this thread...

I refer the honourable gentleman to post 2 of this thread...

Ahhhhhh.........

Well that depends on whether minerals can be substituted for risk appetite in an overall stratagem or if it mean would I be willing to gamble in order to impress others.

I would say put a meaningful amount in an account and feel the burn. What other people think is irrelevant.

Last edited: