So hypothetically what would I need to have a proper bash at this trading lark?

You could start out on the front month STIRs with no news required whatsoever. Free delayed squawk would be fine. Might I recommend June Euroswiss? No scheduled rate announcements till expiry, so it's perfect tick whoring environemnt (and a tick is worth £17! so even with some money grabbing retail rates of £3.50 a round trip or something evil like that you can do very well out of it)

Yet, it'll still do enough to get you some education on that sort of thing.

What kind of margin do you need for that though?

lol, I feel like we're back in 1999 when people try to sound hard on the internet! I cringed

Anyway, id download ninjatrader and register with mirus futures and mess about and see what you think, personally

Yep he could try that for the next 18 months then come back on here again asking the same questions and a new bunch would *help*..weird how you pop up now and again, what other threads do you lurk on eh?

(oh, and come to think of it: I would imagine you'd get intraday leverage as well, maybe 4:1. So you could clip 10 lots with £1k (although wouldn't recommend it))

bout £300 a lot

so if you can get a grand together you can do 3 lots... reasonable expectation to make beteween 1-3 winning trades a day I'd say.

IG Markets offering euroswiss mini @ 5chf per point with 5pip spread!

Where could you get something like that and what other charges are involved?

Oh and I'd be do 1-2 lot max lol.

IG Markets offering euroswiss mini @ 5chf per point with 5pip spread!

Where could you get something like that and what other charges are involved?

try Interactive Brokers (remember the aim is tick whoring so you need to trade inside the spread) but I am not the person to really answer tha question. I would imagine it's possible to do it with no other charges involved.

You could start out on the front month STIRs with no news required whatsoever. Free delayed squawk would be fine. Might I recommend June Euroswiss? No scheduled rate announcements till expiry, so it's perfect tick whoring environemnt (and a tick is worth £17! so even with some money grabbing retail rates of £3.50 a round trip or something evil like that you can do very well out of it)

What trading package would one need? Is it a TT affair?

Any trading package would do pretty much. I'm really not the person to ask.

Just ask around futures brokers ffs! There is no secret here...

Anyway, a few moments of research suggests idealing will let you open an account with £1k.

No more excuses.

global futures no minimum

Just asked them minimum 1500 $

Last edited:
they used to charge 15 $ if your account is under 1K $ at the end of the month , but not anymore ...