Sniper Forex System

Hmmm

had not noticed that myself, probably cause i dont trade using the signals anymore just the sniper stops. good info though

thanks GumRai

Hi, Elfteros,

can you let us know your usage of the sniper stops?

Thanks,
Jerry

Hi Kent,

just out of curiosity: at 2:00 GMT I saw a short Entry, all 3 indicators alligned, on the GBP/JPY H1 T/F....did you not see that as well?

I did, but EW told me that this was going to go long. And it did.
Kent

Re repainting,
please see my post number #989 which includes a screenshot of the GBPJPY with 4 different arrows in 4 consecutive hours
and post #1000 with a screenshot of the chart after it had repainted and ALL 4 arrows had disappeared!
Once an arrow appears on your chart it will stay there until you reload, ie go from 1 timeframe to another and back again or close and re-open your platform.
It's one of the reasons that I will not use an arrow as an indication to close an open trade that is showing profit - I would rather wait and see.
The first red arrow, if you had seen it would have caused you to close a long position, whereas the trade went on to make another 60 pips profit.
This is why looking back and trying to backtest the system is more or less impossible, because of the repainting in real time and the fact that you can't be sure exactly at what point in a timeframe the trade was validated.
The posts by Greenfield are the only real indication of past performance that we can believe. He has traded these signals in real time.

I try to keep 2 charts of the same pair up, the one with the t/f I am trading and the other for swapping to different t/f for different purposes. I do that for the above reasons. What it sees in hindsight is not always what is seen live.
Goodmorning all!
Kent

Sunny,
On that trade last night, I did extend my s/l and when it started the run down, I closed to prevent additional loss. It did not go as low as my s/l and I would be in profit right now by about 50 pips. Can u say crap. Emotions, emotions, emotions. They slipped. Live long and prosper!
Kent

Last edited:
I've been away from the computer and I see now that everything matches now on the GBPUSD. Did anyone go in? Do you know what the price was when the histos changed?

I think that I will hold off for now - Non farm employment and unemployment figures due in 35 minutes from US,
It almost seems that whatever the announcement, good or bad, it usually causes the $ to spike up temporarily at least.

As I know one or two of you trade the GBPJPY, I was just wondering, do you open positions in GBPUSD at the time or just stick to the first trade that you open?
Having 2 positions open with GBP in both pairs would be compounding the risk, wouldn't it?

I've been away from the computer and I see now that everything matches now on the GBPUSD. Did anyone go in? Do you know what the price was when the histos changed?

I think that I will hold off for now - Non farm employment and unemployment figures due in 35 minutes from US,
It almost seems that whatever the announcement, good or bad, it usually causes the $ to spike up temporarily at least.

As I know one or two of you trade the GBPJPY, I was just wondering, do you open positions in GBPUSD at the time or just stick to the first trade that you open?
Having 2 positions open with GBP in both pairs would be compounding the risk, wouldn't it?

I will typically will take which ever pair gives me the entry alert first. That is almost always guppy. At the present time, I am in both with small amounts at risk. I expect negative numbers to be presented, but not too extreem. Not likethey will give the whole truth, especially when they have proclaimed to have saved the world.

Kent

Sunny,
On that trade last night, I did extend my s/l and when it started the run down, I closed to prevent additional loss. It did not go as low as my s/l and I would be in profit right now by about 50 pips. Can u say crap. Emotions, emotions, emotions. They slipped. Live long and prosper!
Kent

You don't use Sniper Stop or latest swing high/low for stops as per the system?

Jerry

By my wave count with EW, we are in a 3rd wave up on both pairs, and this news announcement should be a catalyst to drive the pair up very quickly, which would be a characteristic of 3rd waves. If this wave is extending, then this could be the beginning of a 3rd of a 3rd, which would really be good for us. But I could be wrong. WE will see.
Kent

i wouldn't expect much today with the us markets closed on monday most will wrap up their positions and head off for a long weekend,

sniper signals will not be great from now till tuesday. best to stay out till then.

On GBP/JPY: got stopped out @ 151.05 only to see it bounce right back up through the roof

Who said "Do not trade before the figures"? I should have listened to you

Hi,
as fx_eagle said, the smiley only is shown when you allow live trading. Please note that this alerter is not to be used for live trading, but only ALERTING - therefore do not allow live trading.

It says initializing and running which means all is ok if dots are also drawing and redrawing in the comment area. When there will be a new signal you will be alerted. Move to M1 chart and you can see how it works...

Please ask for further info if needed.

Jerry

Jerry

It shows that its running as you have described but I'm not getting the alerts. Also the trend values only show a '-', they do not state 'up' or 'down'. I have added the file into the expert folder and then attached the expert to the chart. Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks

fx-eagle - Thanks for your assistance!

On GBP/JPY: got stopped out @ 151.05 only to see it bounce right back up through the roof

Who said "Do not trade before the figures"? I should have listened to you

I increased my s/l to 150 just to be safe. When it jumped it hit my t/p at 75, I moved the other s/l back to where it should have been and got stopped out later.
Kent