Sniper Forex System

EA Alerter

hey guys,
please let me know what you think about the alerter and if you have any ideas how to improve it.

What I though is, adding EXPORT TO FILE - which would save all your entries in a file. This would be great for backtesting tick by tick. We would then get all the entries (exact to the point!) from the past and could study them.

Jerry

hey guys,
please let me know what you think about the alerter and if you have any ideas how to improve it.

What I though is, adding EXPORT TO FILE - which would save all your entries in a file. This would be great for backtesting tick by tick. We would then get all the entries (exact to the point!) from the past and could study them.

Jerry

thats great Idea, to save all entrys in a file as record.

I will see also to open a VPS.
before I look at some broker http://www.iamfx.com, they offer free VPS, but now I receive a email there are in a soft launch, and the minimum deposit is $ 2500 , thats to much for a test at a new broker.
may some have a good VPS already running, would be nice for some info, or we can share some.

ok will see

today carefully NFP day !!

cheers

Everything on all T/F's is showing a transition to a long trade, ie various indicators on each chart in blue. I do have my s/l set pretty tight, so that is what worries me.

Hi Kent,

just out of curiosity: at 2:00 GMT I saw a short Entry, all 3 indicators alligned, on the GBP/JPY H1 T/F....did you not see that as well?

this thread would make for easier reading if you boys posted charts.

hey guys,

Jerry

thats great Idea, to save all entrys in a file as record.

I will see also to open a VPS.
before I look at some broker http://www.iamfx.com, they offer free VPS, but now I receive a email there are in a soft launch, and the minimum deposit is $ 2500 , thats to much for a test at a new broker.
may some have a good VPS already running, would be nice for some info, or we can share some.

ok will see

today carefully NFP day !!

cheers

cable exited as per trading rules (H1) with a loss. it was a short from yesterday's afternoon session.

i betcha price will plummet now and the indicators will repaint :confused:

cable alert

cable long alert , but trend B red, so we have to wait.

the AO indi I only check out

I will try pics

hmm I dont like , if want see the pic must load first, is this , coz the forum system , or can I make that better?

Attachments

• cable_interbank_fx090409.gif
    cable_interbank_fx090409.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
cable exited as per trading rules (H1) with a loss. it was a short from yesterday's afternoon session.

i betcha price will plummet now and the indicators will repaint :confused:

I dont see why you went short. Are you following standard Sniper, or a variant?

Is the consensus that the indicators repaint? Havent noticed such a statement on this thread.

(Totally coincidentally, I was looking at a long at 1.6322 this morning, but couldnt convince myself that the markers hadnt moved; so the thought of repainting was on my mind. But because the indicators are as an executable, I cant read the code and see if it does repaint, from a programming perspective.)

EDIT: on balance, I dont think they repaint.

EDIT2: as per Elefteros: chart added: looks all blues for long. possible negation of trade are the Stochs are "falling", ie, lower highs. either way, low-risk pullback entry. Re-iterate, I cant be certain the blue-dots didnt move!!

Attachments

• sniper-sep04a.jpg
    sniper-sep04a.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Hi Kent,

just out of curiosity: at 2:00 GMT I saw a short Entry, all 3 indicators alligned, on the GBP/JPY H1 T/F....did you not see that as well?

With Chart attached

Attachments

• gbpjpy_04092009.gif
    gbpjpy_04092009.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 150
I dont see why you went short. Are you following standard Sniper, or a variant?

Is the consensus that the indicators repaint? Havent noticed such a statement on this thread.

(Totally coincidentally, I was looking at a long at 1.6322 this morning, but couldnt convince myself that the markers hadnt moved; so the thought of repainting was on my mind. But because the indicators are as an executable, I cant read the code and see if it does repaint, from a programming perspective.)

EDIT: on balance, I dont think they repaint.

Standard Sniper. About 8pm (or there abouts) GMT last night. 3 signal lines went red as did Trend A & B. They all held red through most of the Asian session.

ez the sniper thrend lines are blue so the trade would not be taken they have to both be red.

Trendie,

sniper repaints during current candle only, once the candle has completed signal stands if it is there at the end.

eg if the signal occurs due to a spike but the price retraces and spikes the other way the signal will change.

From what i've seen it does not happen very often.

This is my understanding of the repaint situation anyway.

Standard Sniper. About 8pm (or there abouts) GMT last night. 3 signal lines went red as did Trend A & B. They all held red through most of the Asian session.

ah, ok.
I thought the recommended trading times were restricted to active EU and US sessions. I would be wary of taking a trade going into the "drift" while the asian session opened.

Elefteros: thanks for your insights of repainting. repainting on current bar is understandable, as its active. I would only consider it repainting if it changed the values on a closed bar.

ah, ok.
I thought the recommended trading times were restricted to active EU and US sessions. I would be wary of taking a trade going into the "drift" while the asian session opened.

Elefteros: thanks for your insights of repainting. repainting on current bar is understandable, as its active. I would only consider it repainting if it changed the values on a closed bar.

the short trade on cable was given about 2pm NY time. i don't take trades after 4pm NY time.

cable long alert , but trend B red, so we have to wait.

the AO indi I only check out

I will try pics

hmm I dont like , if want see the pic must load first, is this , coz the forum system , or can I make that better?

With most posted images in this forum it is better to right click on the image and open in new tab/window

Re repainting,
please see my post number #989 which includes a screenshot of the GBPJPY with 4 different arrows in 4 consecutive hours
and post #1000 with a screenshot of the chart after it had repainted and ALL 4 arrows had disappeared!
Once an arrow appears on your chart it will stay there until you reload, ie go from 1 timeframe to another and back again or close and re-open your platform.
It's one of the reasons that I will not use an arrow as an indication to close an open trade that is showing profit - I would rather wait and see.
The first red arrow, if you had seen it would have caused you to close a long position, whereas the trade went on to make another 60 pips profit.
This is why looking back and trying to backtest the system is more or less impossible, because of the repainting in real time and the fact that you can't be sure exactly at what point in a timeframe the trade was validated.
The posts by Greenfield are the only real indication of past performance that we can believe. He has traded these signals in real time.

Hmmm

had not noticed that myself, probably cause i dont trade using the signals anymore just the sniper stops. good info though

thanks GumRai