Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Missing data from 07:40 - 08:04 on both demo and live, also missing small amount of data @ 08:26 from demo and live.

Also the data feed is very 'stoggy', is anybody else having this same problem?

NB
It's just stalled again @ 08:32 (live) as I write this.

Yes it keeps stopping and starting, what a nightmare. PITA.

I was up quite a few pips 5 minutes ago, it will be interesting to see if I am still up or down when prices start to update again, what fun.

Last edited:
Yes it keeps stopping and starting, what a nightmare. PITA.

I was up quite a few pips 5 minutes ago, it will be interesting to see if I am still up or down when prices start to update again, what fun.

Trading blind, it just adds to the suspense! :cool:

This is trading for real men!

I presume this is demo trading?

Last edited:
Lol, least I got some ironing done.

Yes it's demo, funny thing is I contacted Finspreads last night asking them to transfer my funds back to my bank account so I could open a live account with SLM.
Second thoughts now after yesterday and todays mess up.

Finspreads don't have MT4 but have been very relaible.

Have you contacted SLM, I have, waiting for response.

Lol, least I got some ironing done.

Yes it's demo, funny thing is I contacted Finspreads last night asking them to transfer my funds back to my bank account so I could open a live account with SLM.
Second thoughts now after yesterday and todays mess up.

Finspreads don't have MT4 but have been very relaible.

Have you contacted SLM, I have, waiting for response.

Haven't contacted SLM directly, I was hoping that they would reply to this thread like yesterday. I hope that they have a good excuse because this is very frustrating.

It still feels stodgy even now.

SLM - Has it been fixed or not?

Busfarehome - Less starch in the y-fronts this time please.

Turbo Morning Trade would have move SL to BE had the SLM server not gone down. SLM refuse to compensate. Do not see how I can continue with them now. Its a real shame because they seemed so promising at first. I dont want to move to a forex broker (tax free spread betting) - but how can I trust them after this morning?

All I want is my break even back - but they are not having any of it. What would you folks do in that situation? Its enough trouble trying to make money with a steady price feed. When you then get the broker freezing the price on you - multiple times - and refusing to compensate - how can you work with that?

P.S. I have been compensated by them before - so its not like they never do that. It looks like their service is now moving past the honeymoon phase (good fixed spreads, good CS, friendly and helpful) and they are starting to show their true colors.

Last edited:
Turbo Morning Trade would have move SL to BE had the SLM server not gone down. SLM refuse to compensate. Do not see how I can continue with them now. Its a real shame because they seemed so promising at first. I dont want to move to a forex broker (tax free spread betting) - but how can I trust them after this morning?

All I want is my break even back - but they are not having any of it. What would you folks do in that situation? Its enough trouble trying to make money with a steady price feed. When you then get the broker freezing the price on you - multiple times - and refusing to compensate - how can you work with that?

P.S. I have been compensated by them before - so its not like they never do that. It looks like their service is now moving past the honeymoon phase (good fixed spreads, good CS, friendly and helpful) and they are starting to show their true colors.

The very least I would expect is an apology and my money back. Sounds like they don’t want your custom so I’d look else where. At least with a broker you play on a level field.

The very least I would expect is an apology and my money back. Sounds like they don’t want your custom so I’d look else where. At least with a broker you play on a level field.

Well - after this morning I am going to have to think long and hard about it. I have closed my SLM MT4 instance for today - i have had enough. I am also using thinkforex. They have been very reliable - and the customer service is very good (plus free VPS).

magicdogsbrain, it sure was a tough start to the day.
2 mornings on the trot am I am dreading getting up tomorrow to find more problems.

Are you based in the UK? If so which S/B brokers are you considering?

I dont want to move to a forex broker (tax free spread betting)

How much do you think you're going to make this year, and how much do you think you have to make before the tax man takes a cut? You might want to dyor on it..

Well - after this morning I am going to have to think long and hard about it. I have closed my SLM MT4 instance for today - i have had enough. I am also using thinkforex. They have been very reliable - and the customer service is very good (plus free VPS).

Never heard of ThinkForex but they look very interesting. As is the free VPS.

I presume that the spreads are variable, and if so, how do they compare? Any major problems/delays in depositing/with drawing funds?

You may find this useful:
http://www.100forexbrokers.com/reviews-ratings

Missing data from 07:40 - 08:04 on both demo and live, also missing small amount of data @ 08:26 from demo and live.

Also the data feed is very 'stoggy', is anybody else having this same problem?

NB
It's just stalled again @ 08:32 (live) as I write this.

Hello
Yes we had a problem with our multi-contirbuter FX data feed this morning for which I apologise. This was from 0639 - 0706.

This was corrected as soon as was possible and all charts corrected.

All orders in the system that should have been filled during this time have been honoured.

During this time, as always, we had full phone back up service where anyone could have called in to deal.

For the avoidance of doubt, if you are running an EA, it is your responsibility to ensure it is running correctly and if something is not right with an order or position to either manually adjust it or call in to have something changed.

Once again I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards
SLM

How much do you think you're going to make this year, and how much do you think you have to make before the tax man takes a cut? You might want to dyor on it..

From what I gather - it should be income (trading in forex as opposed to investing in long term positions) but most part time traders assign it to capital gains. I think I could assign it to capital gains also. Probably on the limit of the allowance but should be ok.

I've been with SLM since Oct last year, first on demo now recently live. In that time my experience with them has been really good in terms of a reliable platform and customer support. I'm not saying things don't go wrong from time to time (maybe i've been lucky) but I don't think this thread reflects what a good company they are.

Hello
Yes we had a problem with our multi-contirbuter FX data feed this morning for which I apologise. This was from 0639 - 0706.

This was corrected as soon as was possible and all charts corrected.

All orders in the system that should have been filled during this time have been honoured.

During this time, as always, we had full phone back up service where anyone could have called in to deal.

For the avoidance of doubt, if you are running an EA, it is your responsibility to ensure it is running correctly and if something is not right with an order or position to either manually adjust it or call in to have something changed.

Once again I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards
SLM

How can the EA function if you stop feeding ticks to it - that is pure garbage. Look at the turbo morning trade forum - everyone else got a break even. By the time your feed came back on line, the price had moved and the EA moved to its full SL. This is 100% the fault of your server. If I had been with a different broker then there would be no problem at all.

You are basically saying that you can do whatever you want with your price stream and anyone with an EA is fair game.

Your site specifies that you support EA's yet you imply above that you can only deal with issues as and when they are happening. I have a script that emails me when there are broker issues - and I emailed as soon as I could that the prices had frozen. After I had taken my children to school I then emailed again after the EA had hit full SL, then I called.

Well good luck with attracting customers now you scam artist - I'm out.

How can the EA function if you stop feeding ticks to it - that is pure garbage. Look at the turbo morning trade forum - everyone else got a break even. By the time your feed came back on line, the price had moved and the EA moved to its full SL. This is 100% the fault of your server. If I had been with a different broker then there would be no problem at all.

You are basically saying that you can do whatever you want with your price stream and anyone with an EA is fair game.

Your site specifies that you support EA's yet you imply above that you can only deal with issues as and when they are happening. I have a script that emails me when there are broker issues - and I emailed as soon as I could that the prices had frozen. After I had taken my children to school I then emailed again after the EA had hit full SL, then I called.

Well good luck with attracting customers now you scam artist - I'm out.

Hello

If your EA had an order being worked in the system then if it should have been filled it would have been. It is simple as that.

We are not responsible for making your EA work, making it trigger signals or anything else to do with your EA.

The fact that you have plugged in some third party software into MT4 does not hold us accountable for something it allegedly would or would not have done at any given time.

I am sorry if you feel agitated by these facts, but it is as simple as that.

We will always try and help people where ever we can, but I am afraid this is not always possible in certain circumstances.

Regards
SLM

Some people did get compensated - so you obviously ran out of money..(quote from FMT thread)..

Hi ya,
Yes I had problem as well. My 6:45am EA never opened. My 6:15 & 6:30 ones did but then never moved to BE. I tried to do this manually but due to the platform problem I couldn't. Price then reversed and took me out at SL. I phoned SLM to complain and they refunded my losses and apologized. I would of phoned to move SL but got called into work. The iPhone platform was also broke.
I am v.happy with how quickly it was all delt with tho. Apparently all is ok now.
Leo

Hello

If your EA had an order being worked in the system then if it should have been filled it would have been. It is simple as that.

We are not responsible for making your EA work, making it trigger signals or anything else to do with your EA.

The fact that you have plugged in some third party software into MT4 does not hold us accountable for something it allegedly would or would not have done at any given time.

I am sorry if you feel agitated by these facts, but it is as simple as that.

We will always try and help people where ever we can, but I am afraid this is not always possible in certain circumstances.

Regards
SLM

The EA was controlling a trade that was in profit. Then your server prices froze. Then on other brokers, the price moved further into profit so that the EA would have moved the stop to break even. When your server came back, the trade was in a loss and continued to full stop loss. This is 100% because you did not supply the prices. EA's can only work when they are being fed with prices.