Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Can anyone post a buy/sell script with stop loss (without trailing stop) that work on UK 100SB index (FTSE), it must have proven to work on live trading. I have all sorts of problem with mine (tested several).

Hi Gle.

I have justed altered these 2 scripts and tested them on the UK100SB live account and both are working.

Jon.

Attachments

• Instant BUY trade.mq4
    1.1 KB · Views: 254
  • Instant SELL trade.mq4
    1.1 KB · Views: 244
Hi,
Regretably not.
Not because we don't want to but because we are not experts in that field.
May I suggest an acquaintance of mine called Jim Hunt at trading-gurus.com.
Drop him a line on his forum.
He is very helpful and knowledgeable.

Regards
Paul
SLM
With all respect, but shouldn't you have at the least the basic knowledge of the simplest buy/sell scripts that works on your platform? After all you have MT4 platform and EA's and scripts is what it is all about. You have fractional points, so there are bound to be issues not commonly addressed in reference to the MT4 platform.

With all respect, but shouldn't you have at the least the basic knowledge of the simplest buy/sell scripts that works on your platform? After all you have MT4 platform and EA's and scripts is what it is all about. You have fractional points, so there are bound to be issues not commonly addressed in reference to the MT4 platform.

Hi
With the greatest of respect back to you, no not at all.

We are not here to provide help or advice on EAs or scripts.
We have provided clients with MT4 to do with as they wish.

We are not responsable for your scrips or your EAs.

We will of course try and help wherever possible, which is why I suggested Jim, who we have been dealing with on a few things, who is very knowledgeable in this area.

If you have an issue with markets, trading or any associated queries then I will be happy to help. MT4, as I am sure you well know, is the most widely used and documented trading platform in the world, and as such there is a wealth of information available on it.

If you have a particular query then I may be able to help. The buy sell scripts, to my knowledge, are no different for the UK100SB as for anything else. If you could be a little more specific with the problems you have been having the I might actually be able to help.

Once again I would say, if you have any issues then please contact us directly. If you want to write about it afterwards on a forum, then of course you can. But at least that way we can talk to you diectly and get the problem sorted quickly.

Regards

Paul
SLM

Hi
With the greatest of respect back to you, no not at all.

We are not here to provide help or advice on EAs or scripts.
We have provided clients with MT4 to do with as they wish.

We are not responsable for your scrips or your EAs.

We will of course try and help wherever possible, which is why I suggested Jim, who we have been dealing with on a few things, who is very knowledgeable in this area.

If you have an issue with markets, trading or any associated queries then I will be happy to help. MT4, as I am sure you well know, is the most widely used and documented trading platform in the world, and as such there is a wealth of information available on it.

If you have a particular query then I may be able to help. The buy sell scripts, to my knowledge, are no different for the UK100SB as for anything else. If you could be a little more specific with the problems you have been having the I might actually be able to help.

Once again I would say, if you have any issues then please contact us directly. If you want to write about it afterwards on a forum, then of course you can. But at least that way we can talk to you diectly and get the problem sorted quickly.

Regards

Paul
SLM
SLM are absolotely responsible that the MT4 platform should behave in similar manor as other MT4 platforms perform, enough of that from my side. I will try out the scripts posted by jonobrienuk, to see if they help. I will get back with reports on how they work, this in case others have similar problems on this thread.

SLM are absolotely responsible that the MT4 platform should behave in similar manor as other MT4 platforms perform, enough of that from my side. I will try out the scripts posted by jonobrienuk, to see if they help. I will get back with reports on how they work, this in case others have similar problems on this thread.

Hello

If you would like to continue this conversation on the phone then I would be happy to.

We are NOT responsible for any scripts or EAs written by anyone other than ourselves. And as we have not written any that is not an issue.

This, incidentally, is the case for every MT4 provider in the world.

Like I said we will try and help if you have a specific query and can be a little more detailed with the problems that you have been experiencing.

Of course spread betting markets on MT4 are a little different to others, but not radically.
If you buy 1 lot of UK100SB you are buying 1 times the price in actual nominal value. So 1 lot of UK100SB is actually £6000 (approx) nominal.

Again, if you want to be more specific with the actual problem then we may be able to offer some help.

Regards

Paul
SLM

Hi,

Could I just ask if the £300 cashback offer will be available next year for new customers? I've only found out about SLM 2 weeks ago (love being able to use MT4 on it btw!!) and decided there was no point signing up for it as its nearing the end of the year :(

Thanks

Pi

getting a lot on "invalid prices" when trying to place a bet

is this MT4 - not traded through it before.......

Hi,

Could I just ask if the £300 cashback offer will be available next year for new customers? I've only found out about SLM 2 weeks ago (love being able to use MT4 on it btw!!) and decided there was no point signing up for it as its nearing the end of the year :(

Thanks

Pi

Hi
Sorry for the delay in replying.
Yes we are extending it until further notice.
So it will apply for one month from when your account is opened.
The website is being updated.
Regards
SLM

getting a lot on "invalid prices" when trying to place a bet

is this MT4 - not traded through it before.......

Hi
You should not be.
Can you please get in touch directly ([email protected]) and let us know which markets you seem to be having problems with.
You can always update the forum later, but it will be much easier if clients would get in touch with us directly with any problems.
Many thanks.
Regards
SLM

Hi
You should not be.
Can you please get in touch directly ([email protected]) and let us know which markets you seem to be having problems with.
You can always update the forum later, but it will be much easier if clients would get in touch with us directly with any problems.
Many thanks.
Regards
SLM
With all respect. I think you are somewhat missing the point of this forum.:)

My order scripts is working better now. Did clean up the computer and streamlined a few applications. I am hoping for the best. Initially though, I had the same problem with the new scripts posted by a member. Did some other stuff and now it has been working well for a few days.

Hi
I fully appreciate what a forum is all about.
But with respect, once more to you, that is not my point.
I check forums etc every now and then. If someone has a problem then they should contact us directly so that we can sort them out immediately, which is of paramount importance to us.
Regards
Paul
SLM

Hi
I fully appreciate what a forum is all about.
But with respect, once more to you, that is not my point.
I check forums etc every now and then. If someone has a problem then they should contact us directly so that we can sort them out immediately, which is of paramount importance to us.
Regards
Paul
SLM
When it comes to the MT4 platform the forums is the best place to acknowledge and solve MT4 problems. Sure I understand, some problems is best solving by calling the support. Members of this forum should be posting the advantages of trading with you as well as problems that arises from using the platform.

When it comes to the MT4 platform the forums is the best place to acknowledge and solve MT4 problems. Sure I understand, some problems is best solving by calling the support. Members of this forum should be posting the advantages of trading with you as well as problems that arises from using the platform.

Hi
Absolutely, and I would not suggest anything else.
Also of course members can help each other as well.
We just want to provide the best service to clients we can.

Regards
SLM

have set maximum deviation up... think its my laptop grinding to a halt with the digital filters!

nope - this has still not remedied it.

getting invalid prices twice in a row when trying to open and close... and the price hadnt gone more than 2 pips...

nope - this has still not remedied it.

getting invalid prices twice in a row when trying to open and close... and the price hadnt gone more than 2 pips...
Shouldn't be a problem with network latency you being located in the UK. You are not on wireless connection? If so that could be it. My problem in this regard is less now. Still execution could be better compared to what I get trading with others. But to their defense, I guess it takes quite a lot tuning up to get SB to work properly with MT4. I am not quite sure about their resources when it comes to the server park, but I take it for granted they are geared up to handle quite a heavy traffic.

Maybe this is a case when you should give them a call.

Shouldn't be a problem with network latency you being located in the UK. You are not on wireless connection? If so that could be it. My problem in this regard is less now. Still execution could be better compared to what I get trading with others. But to their defense, I guess it takes quite a lot tuning up to get SB to work properly with MT4. I am not quite sure about their resources when it comes to the server park, but I take it for granted they are geared up to handle quite a heavy traffic.

Maybe this is a case when you should give them a call.

could be the wireless..
could be this laptop, its from the past. 2007 i think. time for a new one. my desktop is in storage.
as i said it might be all the filters im running :cheesy:
the price of a working system - an unusable computer.

hey ho

could be the wireless..
could be this laptop, its from the past. 2007 i think. time for a new one. my desktop is in storage.
as i said it might be all the filters im running :cheesy:
the price of a working system - an unusable computer.

hey ho
Yes, right setup, very important in trading as we all know.