Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Re: Meta Trader 4

On the demo account SLM do not have fractions of a point (decimals) on the DAX and FTSE, as that of the live account. Please correct this as the demo account is good for testing the function and validity of a script.

Hi, yes we do ! Sorry but if you cannot see these then please cll in as you have a problem. Thanks Regards SLM

I trade mostly the Nasdaq, DAX and FTSE. As I said way too many re-quotes, resulting not getting into or out of a position. Of course one have to accept a re-quote now and then, especially in a volatile market, but not as many I have gotten from SLM. I try to increase the slippage but I am not prepared to give away a couple of points on market orders. The problem probably lie in how they quote their prices, it is fractions of a point, and as I see it there is no deviation on their side when the order hit the server. Others like Capitalspreads have fraction of a point on indices, but I am not getting close to as many re-quotes as with SLM.

Hi, Thanks for the comments. Please keep us informed of problems and we will try and resolve them. I hopefully have reduced the problem you are having on the indices. Regards SLM

It is not an advantage in any way, shape or form. It is actually a disadvantage because you get slipped a fraction on entry and on exit. Ask yourself this question: When is the last time a market maker, spreadbetter or likewise known by any other name, have introduced anything that helps the trader make money? Anything new is always packaged as a good thing for traders but in reality it is a trojan horse :LOL:

Hi ... FYI we had to introduce the extra decimal point on the FX majors as by offering a fixed tight price on for instance the EurUsd we were having to 'round' the price up or down to make it 1 pip wide, when for example it should have been trading at a half pip, so giving some unscrupulous people a half pip advantage (sounds daft, but there are pople who spend their lives trying to expolit this sort of things).
So as usual it is the minority spoiling it for the majority. Regards SLM

Hi. Just to comment on the above. I can assure you we do not freeze anything. The Index price is fully tradable throughout and the equity prices come on as they go live in the actual market. This can take up to 20 minutes for some stocks. Sadly this is nothing to do with us, but the way the US market opens. Regards SLM
Sorry about this, what I actually mean is that you do not open the index for trading the instant the market opens.

Sorry about this, what I actually mean is that you do not open the index for trading the instant the market opens.

Hi, Well this is what we are trying to investigate. As far as we are concerened we ARE making a live price the second the market opens. Our charts also have prices straight from the open, so if you are not getting this then something strange is going on. It is just the Dax and FTSE that you are experiencing this problem with ? Thanks

Hi, Thanks for the comments. Please keep us informed of problems and we will try and resolve them. I hopefully have reduced the problem you are having on the indices. Regards SLM
Thanks, yes I tried out a few short trades today, and I had definitely less problem. The US market is still not open though, so I will report back if the problem persist.

Hi, Well this is what we are trying to investigate. As far as we are concerened we ARE making a live price the second the market opens. Our charts also have prices straight from the open, so if you are not getting this then something strange is going on. It is just the Dax and FTSE that you are experiencing this problem with ? Thanks
Yes that is strange, today I had no indication on the FTSE index chart at the opening, also by clicking on the chart it was closed for trading, 30 seconds later it was available. I will investigate if something is wrong on my side.

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear

Hi all

I have been looking at Smart Live Markets now for a few weeks, all seemed to be going well. Until (see the attachment). Moves of this kind used to be common place in the early days of spreadbetting and if you had lost money on such a move getting it back was just about impossible.

Is anyone here actually trading using this SBCo, if yes what are your views and opinions.
Perhaps its all innocent and they are just getting ahead of any depression that may come along.

Thanks
Nut
:)

Attachments

• Dow Spike Smart Live.jpg
    Dow Spike Smart Live.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 263
Re: Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear

Hope so Ross, I shall email them the chart and see what response I can ellicit.

I had not heard of them before your post. Are they new? Why did you sign up with them?

I went with Fins before the days they were online. I could not get through on the phone for ages, sometimes. They were very good, and trusted my word when I said the price I had wanted to sell at, but could not because phones were busy. etc.

I hope that you get the same treatment. Good luck.

Splitlink as yet I have not signed with them, just taking in the lay of the land and was giving them serious consideration. Am currently with GFT and have had no issues whatsoever. I am attracted by the superior software MT4 provided by Smart Live. Of course if their practices are suspect then it's a non starter for me. many years ago an SBCo became known as Steal4Free because they used similar tactics on a regular basis, it's that experience that raises my concerns about Smart Live.

redart glad your chart is correct and I shall emailmy chart to Smart Live and see what response they come back with.

Thanks
Nut

I had not heard of them before your post. Are they new? Why did you sign up with them?

I went with Fins before the days they were online. I could not get through on the phone for ages, sometimes. They were very good, and trusted my word when I said the price I had wanted to sell at, but could not because phones were busy. etc.

I hope that you get the same treatment. Good luck.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting/93212-smart-live-markets-spread-bet-mt4.html

Splitlink as yet I have not signed with them, just taking in the lay of the land and was giving them serious consideration. Am currently with GFT and have had no issues whatsoever. I am attracted by the superior software MT4 provided by Smart Live. Of course if their practices are suspect then it's a non starter for me. many years ago an SBCo became known as Steal4Free because they used similar tactics on a regular basis, it's that experience that raises my concerns about Smart Live.

redart glad your chart is correct and I shall emailmy chart to Smart Live and see what response they come back with.

Thanks
Nut
I am testing them with live trading, it looks promising but there are issues they need to get sorted out (read the SLM thread). I am prepared to give them a year in order for them to get settled. Very small bet size, which is excellent for live experience with the MT4 platform. Do not expect the live account to deliver the same good execution experience as the demo account. I would be nice if live traders report their experience trading with them on the SLM thread.

Do not expect the live account to deliver the same good execution experience as the demo account. I would be nice if live traders report their experience trading with them on the SLM thread

gle01 thanks for the response, I am currently trawling my way through the SLM thread. The live account does not deliver the same good execution experience as the demo, this surprises me.

One way to test them might be if I stick with GFT and let my son go with SLM
:LOL:

Do not expect the live account to deliver the same good execution experience as the demo account. I would be nice if live traders report their experience trading with them on the SLM thread

gle01 thanks for the response, I am currently trawling my way through the SLM thread. The live account does not deliver the same good execution experience as the demo, this surprises me.

One way to test them might be if I stick with GFT and let my son go with SLM
:LOL:
Well the MT4 platform is different, as you have your own customized scripts it demands quite a lot from the SB provider to execute accordingly.

Yes, let you son take the hit.:)

Dear Sir/Madam

For some weeks I have been trialing SLM on a demo basis with a view to opening an account with yourselves. All was going well until today when I checked the chart WS30, kindly view the attachment. In the past I have witnessed SBCo's who have used such methods to clean out traders with profitable positions. Therefore I would like to give you the chance to

1) Explain this data which hopefully is just a manifest error

2) Explain how SLM would handle customer complaints,reimburse clients money plus re-establish profitable positions should such an event happen on your live system.

I am sure you understand my concerns as your terms and conditions appear to make the trader responsible for all computer related errors. You might also wish to post a response on the Trade2Win Forum at the link below.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting/101210-oh-dear-oh-dear-oh-dear.html

Regards and thanks

OK lets see what happens