Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Re: Meta Trader 4

I think they could give better spread on the S&P off hours (the US market). The ES future is a liquid instrument, to give the same spread off hours wouldn't be a problem for them.

I think they could give better spreads on most things, especially the Dow.

Hi everyone long time lurker first time poster.

I joined SLM recently (in part after following this thread) and have been SBing on the live account for a couple of weeks, i have to say the experience has been flawless. The only thing which raised my eyebrow was a couple of things in the terms of business, such as reserving the right to disappear whenever they feel like it (paraphrased), but i believe these things are pretty standard in terms of business agreements.

I understand the caution over a new company on the scene, but Im a bit puzzled by how little of a stir SLM has caused and the tone of some on this thread who seem to be staring a gift horse in the mouth, holding out for special offers etc. Its full on Spreadbetting on MT4, with certainly the lowest spreads of any broker ive had in the past. Whats not to like? Surely people should be flocking to join? :confused:

btw I am not an employee or in the pay of SLM. I am however open to offers... :innocent:.

Hi everyone long time lurker first time poster.

I joined SLM recently (in part after following this thread) and have been SBing on the live account for a couple of weeks, i have to say the experience has been flawless. The only thing which raised my eyebrow was a couple of things in the terms of business, such as reserving the right to disappear whenever they feel like it (paraphrased), but i believe these things are pretty standard in terms of business agreements.

I understand the caution over a new company on the scene, but Im a bit puzzled by how little of a stir SLM has caused and the tone of some on this thread who seem to be staring a gift horse in the mouth, holding out for special offers etc. Its full on Spreadbetting on MT4, with certainly the lowest spreads of any broker ive had in the past. Whats not to like? Surely people should be flocking to join? :confused:

btw I am not an employee or in the pay of SLM. I am however open to offers... :innocent:.
Like all SB they have flaws, one being they freeze the platform for the first minute during the opening of the US market.

Like all SB they have flaws, one being they freeze the platform for the first minute during the opening of the US market.

I only trade fx so havnt experienced anything like that.

Ive had accounts with various companies over the years, and theres always been an unexpected fly in the ointment which balances the benefits you joined up for. I havnt experienced anything like that with SLM, but admittedly its still early days.

Still, considering people have been waiting YEARS for a company to offer SB on MT, its suprising the vaguely negative vibe thats going around.

I only trade fx so havnt experienced anything like that.

Ive had accounts with various companies over the years, and theres always been an unexpected fly in the ointment which balances the benefits you joined up for. I havnt experienced anything like that with SLM, but admittedly its still early days.

Still, considering people have been waiting YEARS for a company to offer SB on MT, its suprising the vaguely negative vibe thats going around.
Way too early of course, too few traders have sign up with them at this stage to form an opinion on how well they execute. But as I said, they are off to a good start and if they keep it up I am quite sure many will join them to test out the MT platform.

What, every day? Do they freeze the trades or just the platform. so you have to sit there powerless to do anything?

What, every day? Do they freeze the trades or just the platform. so you have to sit there powerless to do anything?
This morning I did have a look at the FTSE, and the chart on UK100SB started giving a price feed at 8:01, one minute after the UK market opened. This I think SLM have to correct immediately and I am quite sure they will. Captitalspreads for instance, switched to 1 point spread on the same second the UK market opened.

SLM
When the uk market opens can you please get equities tradeable quicker.
Other spread betters are quicker than you to get prices showing and when you do show fresh prices updating the stock name is greyed out for a short while for me. Obviously this is at a vital time of day and I have had to use other spreadbetting companies with wider spreads rather than SLM because of this.
Once at 3pm US data release time prices seem to go slow and grey out but I was not sure whether this was a problem with my PC or SLM.
Otherwise everything else is looking good.

One nameless SB often took about 20m after the open to quote prices on some equities.

I have a technical problem with MT4. At times when I log in the chart shows the price quote without decimals. Let say the FTSE is 5230.4 it shows only 5230. This error will not give the right stop if you trade with scripts. I can avoid this by notice if the price quote display decimals, if not i will log out and log in again, and usually it correct it self. Anyone with a live account have the same problem?

One nameless SB often took about 20m after the open to quote prices on some equities.
This one minute on the FTSE index can be very important, especially if you are in on a position overnight.

Hi guys. I hope you can help me out with a problem I have with Metatrader. I am relatively new to trading but been having good success however Metatrader let me down today at a crucial point when I was about to enter a trader today. The program disconnected and showed "no connection". I tried restarting the program but unforunately missed out on a nice little trade. Is there any way round this? Is there a way of paying for a more reliable server? I am currently using IgIndex and just using Metatrader to provide me with the charts.

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks

Hi guys. I hope you can help me out with a problem I have with Metatrader. I am relatively new to trading but been having good success however Metatrader let me down today at a crucial point when I was about to enter a trader today. The program disconnected and showed "no connection". I tried restarting the program but unforunately missed out on a nice little trade. Is there any way round this? Is there a way of paying for a more reliable server? I am currently using IgIndex and just using Metatrader to provide me with the charts.

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks
If you are just using MT4 for the charts there are plenty of demo accounts around. You can still use SLM but as you say good to have a few others. Activtrades and Brocotrader (CFDs) are both good and reliable companies.

Look OK but they are new and we need to give them some time to establish themselves or show the true colours. So far so good.

Hi, has anyone seen a company called Smart Live Markets is now offering spreadbetting on MT4? Anyone know what they are like? Demo looks OK!

Not many FX pairs, not even many JPY pairs with CAD. Need more FX pairs.

There are more pairs on the live platform. If you go to their website and go to sb faq's then down to general queries, click on "Market Information Sheets SB (MIS)" you will get a pdf of all markets and trading times.

On the demo account SLM do not have fractions of a point (decimals) on the DAX and FTSE, as that of the live account. Please correct this as the demo account is good for testing the function and validity of a script.