Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

My feed also coming and going this morning, this email response might have something to do with it, mentions a server reset, although most likely bull****. I did manage to enter a trade just after :) See what happen today, or it's goodbye.

Hi

We apologise for the problems you have experienced on the trading platform.

We have just restarted the trading server so the issue should now be resolved.

In addition can you please ensure your server is set to 'SB Live Server' on the bottom right of the platform.

Regards

SLM

Hi Neil,

Nobody's interested in logging these little MT4 glitches then?

Cheers,

Jim

Well i was just posting in response to another poster who mentioned it. Was it a MT4 glitch or was it the servers fault. I think i lost my connection twice around 9.00am, no drops since.

The last 4 days trading have been a nightmare for me i was hoping to stay with Smart Live as i like MT4 especially for signals and maybe clutching at straws.

Hi
We apologise for the problems you have experienced on the trading platform.

We have just restarted the trading server so the issue should now be resolved.

In addition can you please ensure your server is set to 'SB Live Server' on the bottom right of the platform.

Regards

SLM

Christ on a bike, they've had to re boot their server!! I despair, it must be all those pesky forum posters sending out bad karma...ah well, a name change and only meddling with MT4 on forex might buy a bit more time eh?

If they wanted to change the name, you'd think they might have chosen something better. Still, couldn't be worse than VD Markets reincarnation as Gekko.

I received a press release recently regarding how to measure whether or not a firm is true ECN, I might post it up and gather thoughts, it was quite provoking tbh...Simply gives a test which if the firm stacks up to they're true ECN, if not they're not..

who do you use?

as before on FF the more automated guys use IBFX...

or dukas/interactive ?

spreadbetting and anyone below oanda and alpari in retail is what it is, whats the next best?

Hi Francis,

who do you use?

or dukas/interactive ?

spreadbetting and anyone below oanda and alpari in retail is what it is, whats the next best?

Have you ever actually tried trading with Dukascopy or Interactive Brokers? Same question to Black Swan. How about MB Trading come to that? Here's their explanation of some "glitches" you might experience if you were to try an ECN broker:

http://trading-gurus.com/does-it-pay-you-to-trade-forex-with-mb-trading/

Cheers,

Jim

who do you use?

or dukas/interactive ?

It's all so subjective isn't it, I like brokers that promote Currenex.. Until I can justify having a Bloomberg or Bloomberg 'type' terminal IMHO it's as good as it gets for us retail whale 5hit..:)

It's all so subjective isn't it, I like brokers that promote Currenex.. Until I can justify having a Bloomberg or Bloomberg 'type' terminal IMHO it's as good as it gets for us retail whale 5hit..:)

is it?

it depends what you do and how you do it doesn't it. Different horse for different courses.

anyhoo. IB MB Alpari Oanda seem to be on one level then dukas and interactive the next?

Hi Francis,

I agree that choosing brokers is "horses for courses". I agree that choosing a broker shouldn't be subjective. After all hard cash is at stake. The trouble is I have yet to see any hard evidence in this discussion (since I returned to it at least). What's the difference between your 2 levels for example? Objectively!

Since the discussion also still says "Smart Live" at the top, where do they fit into your hierarchy, and why? Objective answers only please.

Cheers,

Jim

is it?

it depends what you do and how you do it doesn't it. Different horse for different courses.

anyhoo. IB MB Alpari Oanda seem to be on one level then dukas and interactive the next?

Yes I believe it is quite subjective, had good experiences of Dukascopy..cracking firm good people, never won a watch though...boo..

After my posts last week i think it's only fair to state that the re quote problem seems to have been solved and no longer an issue.

Another broker account has been opened as back up, if the problem was to return.

Morning Black Swan,

How many "rejections" do you get? At what size?
Any evidence, or merely hearsay?
Me neither :cry:

Cheers,

Jim

Used them, never more than 5 lot, (average 3), quality company. faults? Don't like their proprietary platforms..skins over what already works..

Hi Black Swan,

Used them, never more than 5 lot, (average 3), quality company. faults? Don't like their proprietary platforms..skins over what already works..

Call me pedantic if you will, but you still haven't answered what seems to me to be my most relevant question, in the context of the current discussion at least. Please forgive me as I restate it. Since it seems you're at least an occasional user of Dukascopy's proprietary platform, how frequently does it tell you:

Order has been rejected by interbank party

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Hi Black Swan,

Call me pedantic if you will, but you still haven't answered what seems to me to be my most relevant question, in the context of the current discussion at least. Please forgive me as I restate it. Since it seems you're at least an occasional user of Dukascopy's proprietary platform, how frequently does it tell you:

Thanks in advance,

Jim

can you do the same for smart live then Jim?
Im not sure how your Tick EA will help in any instance? I have a tick logger also - this is how i created charts for a website i made in 2009 and fed it into a mysql db.
I have just built in a screen capture for when trades open and close on my ea's so i am getting some way there - i will need to video it through camtasia, i will need to work out which ones suffer slippage & which trades get re-quoted. Slippage is obvious for me when looking at the results, requotes not so - any ideas?

Morning Francis,

can you do the same for smart live then Jim?

I'm not sure I quite understand your question(s). You seem to be replying to 2 or 3 of my posts simultaneously. I never see the "Order has been rejected by interbank party" message from Smart Live! Presumably you are referring to the infamous MT4 "requote"? The point I am endeavouring to make is that "ECN" is not necessarily better than "deal desk". It all depends.

Im not sure how your Tick EA will help in any instance? I have a tick logger also - this is how i created charts for a website i made in 2009 and fed it into a mysql db.
I have just built in a screen capture for when trades open and close on my ea's so i am getting some way there - i will need to video it through camtasia, i will need to work out which ones suffer slippage & which trades get re-quoted. Slippage is obvious for me when looking at the results, requotes not so - any ideas?

When I alluded to "my Tick EA" earlier I was thinking more of its ability to log and provide alerts about delayed quotes. I felt it would provide some insight into Neil's problem, since I experienced a similar problem last week. Thankfully things seem to be much improved so far this week.

Surely if an EA experiences a "requote" on a market order it simply logs that fact and then decides whether to try again or wait for another opportunity?

Cheers,

Jim

got a requote today and 2 delay quotes, this is after maybe 3 weeks with them and mkts were a lil bit choppy...

jus my 2 pips

Morning Francis,

I'm not sure I quite understand your question(s). You seem to be replying to 2 or 3 of my posts simultaneously. I never see the "Order has been rejected by interbank party" message from Smart Live! Presumably you are referring to the infamous MT4 "requote"? The point I am endeavouring to make is that "ECN" is not necessarily better than "deal desk". It all depends.

When I alluded to "my Tick EA" earlier I was thinking more of its ability to log and provide alerts about delayed quotes. I felt it would provide some insight into Neil's problem, since I experienced a similar problem last week. Thankfully things seem to be much improved so far this week.

Surely if an EA experiences a "requote" on a market order it simply logs that fact and then decides whether to try again or wait for another opportunity?

Cheers,

Jim

I started a response saying yes id like to log all the requotes that i get on MT4 into a db with a screendump/video of the terminal however let me put this out to you and black swan.

Given the bucketshops (and they are no question) at this level will requote on a deal desk is it not better to build an api with someone higher up the order such as dukas and interactive or is there still value in MT4 around alpari/oanda/MB/IB/Go (and anyone else you can think of) before I throw MT4 into the bin?

Or should i be giving other platforms like ninja/tradestation a go?

because in the end if i want to be trading £100 per pip, there is no way I want requotes/slippage do I?