Site Defaced

Sharky

Staff
The site was compromised for about 30 mins this evening when all you would have seen is a black page with the words "This site is defaced!!!".

The exploit was quickly identified, and we're pleased to say, that normal service has now been restored.

Trade2win Hacked ?!

Anyone catch this - what happened! Someone with a grudge or just bad security on the back-end of this site ...mmm :rolleyes:

There has been a vunerability found in one of the 'engines' that the forum is based on. As a consequence the forum can be hijacked. Lets hope that Sharky has made the necessary update to close down this hole.

No, it was just a file on the server that was somehow tampered with - the original file was promptly replaced. But we're still investigating how it happened.

I saw the 'site defaced page' and ran a trojan/virus scan as a precaution and came up clean

Yeah, the page itself was just a simple html page with text on it - there were no malicious scripts embedded in it.

:eek: puff pant...puff pant........had me spooked! like bbmac, i ran everything "anti" i have.....just in case......... :eek:

Sorry chaps I'm afraid that was my fault.
I clicked on "RHODY TRADER web link to his site, as I was reading the FX thread reply.....Anduril Traders or somesuch, and it triggered the attack on your site.

Cheers d998

d998, I'm pretty sure that was just a coincidence - I've had a look and there's nothing suspcisious about the Rhody Trader's website.

Looks like posts are not the only things capable of being hijacked around here.

I hope you figure out how it happened. Would not want that to happen again.

Yeah, that seems to have been the culprit, although strangely enough we use an alternative to the phpBB software it refers to.