Sinister Goings On

Level2

I had decided not to post here again but I have to report the following.

I posted yesterday that there are those who contribute to these boards who appear unwilling to accept, without supporting evidence, that the 'Coaches' who enjoy free advertising here even trade never mind make a living from doing so.

Disturbingly that post has been deleted. It may not have been very interesting but what has happened to it is.

Would the moderator who removed it care to explain?

What on earth is going on?

What do these people have to hide?

Yes, I deleted it as you had posted the same thing twice.

ChartMan

I can see all of your 11 posts having a go at Naz and Mr. Charts. Why have they deleted one of them and not all of them?

Do you have anything else you can contribute to this website? It is starting to get a bit boring reading the same old stuff.

I do not know. Perhaps this one was too close to the truth

Crusaders always get bad press until ...

Big Business can you explain how you got 5460 negative votes who did you upset?? just curious!

Hi,
Whilst I have some sympathy with the desire for completely open and above board posting - after all, you DO want to know if advice is unbiased or perhaps partly driven by commercial pressures - I think it might be an idea for members to apply commonsense to the question of whether you should pay attention to posts by Naz etc. I'm honestly not deliberately insulting anyone here, please excuse my social skills if they are lacking...
1 ) The coaches aren't posting here in disguise, they put up interesting (to many) content, and nobody should be getting 'suckered into' anything - if you like the coach's style and subsequently book a course with them that's your business, you know the guy is training for a living (and quite possibly trading for a living also).
2) You can always email a coach directly and ask 'do you trade' - ask for some trading history to satisfy yourself of their bona fides if you want... if the answer your receive is unsatisfactory you don't book to go on the course.
3) I consider it a fair swap - a bit of semi-advertising in exchange for a steady barrage of interesting material. As we all know those involved (unless saints) are counting on attracting a few extra b**s on seats it's hardly subterfuge!
4) The guy to complain about this is Sharky, if he considers those involved are overstepping the mark... when all's said and done you can read coach posts and not feel drawn to sign up for training... I've been doing it for years ;)
The people concerned are active members who draw others in - many hoping for a spot of free training no doubt - the most I would 'impose' on the people concerned is to ask them to add a Ps to all posts saying 'I'm a professional trainer by the way, so part of the reason I'm doing this is to attract customers'. I can't believe anyone here is totally unable to spot the connection between trainers, posts and course.
There does seem to be a bit of an air of 'burn the witch' about the board these days, as long as somebody declares their interest, in my view, or that interest is already blatantly obvious, I see no harm in it at all.
Dave
(edited fur spelinj :cheesy: )

Well said DaveJB.

I hope potential m*gs will carefully heed your wise words before putting their b*ms on seats.

Not scanned for split infinitives.

Big Business can you explain how you got 5460 negative votes who did you upset?? just curious!

Zenda,

I was a bad boy, I am not sure if I upset all the people some of the time or some of the people all of the time :).

BB
On a technicality,I don't think you can get a red card ?
Doesnt it go white if you have been a bad boy ?
otherwise you are just a common or garden rainbow !
like the rest of us, well like Stoploss anyhow :LOL:

No, its monday, he's gone all green again. :LOL:

We gave BB so many bad points as a reminder as to what can happen when a member goes off on one. :cheesy:
Just to make it absolutely clear above, I deleted level2's post as it was duplicated elsewhere. This is T2W policy, and duplicate postings are unneccesary. End of story. Should anyone wish to see a list of other duplicate postings ( many, many) that have been removed- tough, I don't have time. Most duplicate posters get banned. Some just make an acceptable mistake.

Is Level 2 on the level ? He seems to be one of those nasty tractor people referred to on another thread.

Last edited:
Salty Gibbon

Try reading the post I've just made on the cool it thread.

You and others would command more respect if you took a leaf out of FTSE Beaters book.

You all had a wonderful opportunity to disagree/ challenge/discuss the clear points made by Dave JB yesterday
and show how you can articulate an argument - THE SILENCE HAS BEEN DEAFENING.

COME ON - CHALLENGE OR DISAGREE - DONT JUST USE CHEAP SNIDES THAT DO YOU NO SERVICE.

MIKE (A loser who intends to pocket between £100 and £500 - thats pounds not dollars - before 1pm EST !)

mos3329

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick old boy.

I disagree with nobody, have problems with nobody and just enjoy a bit of a laugh in between trading.

I firmly believe that one of the necessary attributes of a trader is a good sense of humour and sometimes I just try to inject some much needed humour into some of the vitriolic threads on this website.

Loosen up and smile and you will trade much better.

I would have to sadly admit that to arbitrarily split an infinitive is, to my mind at least, almost as heinous a crime as to casually pen a sentence devoid of, correct " punctuation!
I genuinely don't intend to get at anyone here, we all have a huge amount in common and it's a shame to split over small points... the guys posting contribute a lot to the board, they are obviously doing a bit of advertising in the process but so what? Free ads are Sharky's problem, surely? Up to him to complain - from all I've heard them the courses in question are very good, and considering how many very bad "take the money and run" courses there are I think we ought to encourage people to take up the genuine opportunities that exist. I honestly and truly don't see there's any real subterfuge involved here - it's not as if they're posting appetisers and then suddenly pounce with "I do courses by the way..." - they're on the home page in glorious technicolour!
I've fulminated with the best of them, been there, done it... while we have so much in common (a desire for outlandish wealth and the personal charm that is so inextrcably linked) it seems a shame to fight with each other - what say we all head over to some Croquet lovers' BBS and give 'em some stick? (No pun intended)
Dave

The whole matter of Tutors, courses and advertising is being discussed by all the Moderators and Sharky. This is clearly an important topic and one that has to be given careful consideration. It is unlikely that we will reach a decision about what changes will be or could be made in order to maintain the reputation of T2W and at the same time, maintain and preserve the funding income that is afforded by advertisers. Whatever decisions are arrived at, clearly we will not be able to make everyone happy.
My personal opinion is that so long as we can help Newbies differentiate between the "take your money and run" brigade from those that appear to be "genuine", then T2W is meeting it's obligations towards it's audience. It is refreshing to see sensible contributions returning.

T2W has arrived at the problem all such sites eventually have to face - it costs - and there are difficult compromise decisions to be made. Members should support the site as it grapples with this. It is likely that there is not a proper appreciation of the business realities by some members and perhaps this is something that should be addressed. I say this without expressing any view on the Tutor/Advertising issue.

Chartman

Many Thanks......at last a well thought out, polite & practical response, fair play to u.

there has been many rantings & over emotional responses made on this & other threads about this subject, this has buried some valid points that were being brought out. there off course have been some personal issues but that is between the individuals to sort out.

the major point that was being buried was the big picture of how things appear to 'newbies' as people like to call them. I for one was never questioning any of the trainers abilities on this site, but rather the fact that if I was a newbie to stumble on this site it would 'appear' bias.........on the one hand knocking certain trainers & then promoting others with a lack of evidence.......so in a sense asking newbies to 'take your word for it'......something I find lacking for such a professionally put over site. U may know the trainers to be 'Excellent' but this may not help the 'newbie' to decide........if this is what u r trying to achieve of course.

the inability of businesses/companies to listen to the 'new customer' can be detrimental for them & this should have been taken as constructive criticism.......but of course personalities got in the way, as always.........but this helps nobody.

yes your opinion seems fair....only u will know if u have done enough to help them decide, as u say this is your obligation.........but it is their money, which is why they may want more evidence than u initially think.....if u c what I mean

Thank you for taking these points on board, hope u find your fair arrangement & keep the site running smoothly

Regards

Jay

Last edited:
I'm happy with whatever t2w decide to do.
My family's living is my trading day to day, not my coaching, though I do enjoy coaching and get a lot of satisfaction out of it.
Most of the people I teach come from personal recommendation from others anyway so I'm easy whatever is decided.
One thing is for sure, whatever t2w do, I won't whinge.
These people run the site and give their time and effort and no member is paying a single penny for everything they gain from this site.
I do think people should at least thank the organisers/moderators
and not constantly criticise them.