Simple Inside Bars

Yet again the 1500 was an IB, ut ran up 20-25 points and was about 45 pips..too big really.

No trades today, capital preserved for tomorrow.

Quick loss there, pin bar with high at 16000, took the break above, 16003, spiked a little before stopping out for -20.

On to the next one

IF you were going to take that trade, look at the high and then look left.
High is 59, around 6am a few highs at the same level so is some resistance there, maybe wait for it to go above these before buying?

Who said anything about going long?

:confused:

Attachments

• 30min.JPG
    30min.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 4hr.JPG
    4hr.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 275
Cable in no-mans land after the big rally of the last few days ths pullback has left it down on the day but above 50ma so no trades should really be taken on ths account as per the rules. So i guess that'll be it for the week, consdering the moves in cable not a great return but if the setups aren't there you can't play 'em.

At least the account is positive on the week.

Had a good Monday.......Period!

To be fair to the thread, not all my trades were IBs. I was deviating from my plan and stake size increase has to take most of the blame.

Hope you guys are up this week

Two trades gave 50 points. Six trades lost 96 points. Net loss 46 points.

Last edited:
If it's any consolation, I know what I did wrong. Don't we, always! :D

Ouch!

There's a really great trader out there called Mr Hindsight, he always gets it right:LOL:
The rest of us are just left looking enviously sometimes!

It was Tuesday 13th when the angel on my shoulder said

"You'll be all right now, won't you? I'm just popping down to the "Black" for a drink".

Next week, there are going to be some changes around here!

I'm going back to my old ways. Trend following by averages and TLs, but, really, the big sin was I expanded my stop distance. Not only did I lose twice what I should have, but it took all morning to do it.

Someone said, on another thread, give the price time to breath. It would have been quicker to stop breathing, myself.

Here are a couple of charts showing my first bad trade of the week. I switched my plan to trying HLs
and I "thought" that chart was going to top out.

Big mistake, Split!

There's no fool like an old fool!

Next week will be better. :D

Attachments

• Wed 14th FT10 0931.JPG
    Wed 14th FT10 0931.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 14thOct FT10 Sequel.JPG
    14thOct FT10 Sequel.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 184
Everyone does it once in a while Split, i think it's an inbuilt safety device to stop us getting carried away, our subconcious just gices us a little slap down to save us getting knocked out later on.

As you say on to next week and you will do better.

Everyone does it once in a while Split, i think it's an inbuilt safety device to stop us getting carried away, our subconcious just gices us a little slap down to save us getting knocked out later on.

As you say on to next week and you will do better.

Very interesting idea Foredog - I had never thought of it that way before :)

just a thought

Here are a couple of charts showing my first bad trade of the week. I switched my plan to trying HLs
and I "thought" that chart was going to top out.

Big mistake, Split!

There's no fool like an old fool!

Next week will be better. :D

Take a look at the direction or close of the inside bar as well as tl?
(Another old fool:)

Long on break of 5AM IB at 16412, trad has run on 30 pts so stop to breakeven, t then came back to wth 2 pts before rallying again....time will tell.