Sierra

Stretch your window across both screens, then load the various charts you want within the window and re-size them. I have 4 charts in 1 window. 2 of them are split across my right hand monitor, the other 2 are small squares in about 1/3 of the screen space on my left hand monitor. Works fine for me.

olwenh said:
Stretch your window across both screens, then load the various charts you want within the window and re-size them. I have 4 charts in 1 window. 2 of them are split across my right hand monitor, the other 2 are small squares in about 1/3 of the screen space on my left hand monitor. Works fine for me.

Now I got it....thanks a lot!

Since you seem to know Sierra pretty well, is it possible to create "Quote Board" type of windows ?

By quote board I mean a text-only window with Open/High/Low/Close & Last price

Thanks

laocoon said:
Since you seem to know Sierra pretty well, is it possible to create "Quote Board" type of windows ?

By quote board I mean a text-only window with Open/High/Low/Close & Last price

Thanks

If I understand you correctly, yes.
Two ways:-
1. There is a single line of data (The Tool Bar) at the top of the Sierra screen underneath File, Edit, Chart etc. This contains the OHLCV and OI data for the currently selected chart.

2. Sierra has a built-in spreadsheet facity. You set up a spreadsheet for a particular chart and O,H,L,C,V, and OI are transferred in.
You can then perform your own calcs on the data and plot your own indicators using your calcs.
Example
If you create a spreadsheet for a 1 minute real-time chart, the data in the top data line of the spreadsheet is the current 'minute' data and is changing until the minute is finished.
That data is then shifted down a row and a new minutes worth of data is created an updated in the top line ss the next minute ticks by.
So you get columns for O,H,L,C etc, with rows of data underneath shifting down every minute.

Sierra also links to Excel and does the same thing, but you then have more tools to use if you need them.

Glenn

laocoon

Have a look at the 'Getting Quotes' section in the Help file, and load and play with the Example Quotes Worksheet.vts file which was installed in your Data directory, this should do what you want. The Worksheet/Quote Line Fields menu option lists all of the available data columns (like Open, Close, Volume etc.) you can put on the quote window.

Once you get the basic quote worksheet up and running, you can make look at bit prettier by changing the colours, font size, freezing the header row and symbol columns and so on. I don't use this feature any longer, but did quite a lot with it in the past, so just let me know if I can help further.

KenN

knorrie said:
laocoon

Have a look at the 'Getting Quotes' section in the Help file, and load and play with the Example Quotes Worksheet.vts file which was installed in your Data directory, this should do what you want. The Worksheet/Quote Line Fields menu option lists all of the available data columns (like Open, Close, Volume etc.) you can put on the quote window.

Once you get the basic quote worksheet up and running, you can make look at bit prettier by changing the colours, font size, freezing the header row and symbol columns and so on. I don't use this feature any longer, but did quite a lot with it in the past, so just let me know if I can help further.

KenN

Great, this is exactly what I was looking for......

Thanks so much!

Glenn said:
If I understand you correctly, yes.
Two ways:-
1. There is a single line of data (The Tool Bar) at the top of the Sierra screen underneath File, Edit, Chart etc. This contains the OHLCV and OI data for the currently selected chart.

2. Sierra has a built-in spreadsheet facity. You set up a spreadsheet for a particular chart and O,H,L,C,V, and OI are transferred in.
You can then perform your own calcs on the data and plot your own indicators using your calcs.
Example
If you create a spreadsheet for a 1 minute real-time chart, the data in the top data line of the spreadsheet is the current 'minute' data and is changing until the minute is finished.
That data is then shifted down a row and a new minutes worth of data is created an updated in the top line ss the next minute ticks by.
So you get columns for O,H,L,C etc, with rows of data underneath shifting down every minute.

Sierra also links to Excel and does the same thing, but you then have more tools to use if you need them.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn, this really helps!

Cheers

apparently IB now provide backfill for their own charting utility.I asked and it can't be used for Sierra.Is there a way 'round this?

I'd like to put my own overlay on a chart in real time.It mentions above that you can put the open chart data into excel,do calcs and form one's own indicators.Can I import data into a spreadsheet (possibly from a separate data feed to mytrack),do calcs and create my own line chart to overlay on the ''standard' already in sierra?(would the Sierra software take care of sizing the overlay for instance)?Sorry,I'm still a beginner at the tech stuff.

jonnyy40 said:
I'd like to put my own overlay on a chart in real time.It mentions above that you can put the open chart data into excel,do calcs and form one's own indicators.Can I import data into a spreadsheet (possibly from a separate data feed to mytrack),do calcs and create my own line chart to overlay on the ''standard' already in sierra?(would the Sierra software take care of sizing the overlay for instance)?Sorry,I'm still a beginner at the tech stuff.

You have to set up a custom study. This will automatically populate an Excel spreadsheet with the data and allow you to calculate your own line chart. (Columns K,L,M,N are added to the chart if they are populated so these columns are where your calculation result(s) has to go). If you then select chart region 1 it will overlay your data over the price chart. There are some examples on the sierra web site, but I discovered most of what I know by messing around with it.

pogle

Is it possible to invert a chart in Sierra? I want to view TRIN upside down.

I don't think it is. Of course you can always save a chart as a .gif and then flip it in "Paintbox" or similar.

frugi said:
Is it possible to invert a chart in Sierra? I want to view TRIN upside down.

If you want just a line chart then you probably can do it with a custom study. If you want a candlestick or OHLC chart then you'll probably need to write a custom DLL.

pogle.

Just made the close price negative on a worksheet and bingo - upside down intuitive TRIN!
Thanks pogle :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 258
frugi said:
Just made the close price negative on a worksheet and bingo - upside down intuitive TRIN!
Thanks pogle :)

Oh Good. I was having second thoughts about what I'd said and decided that I'd have to see for myself, but you've saved me the effort.

Cheers frugi

Version 60 of Sierra Chart is now out. What happened to 59?

Some nifty additions to the package. Like the replay mode, will be useful for practice

Just thought I would let you guys know :)