sick of 'gurus': new trader asking advice from normal traders?

One more spreadbetting ghost. Jesus, where all of you are coming from?!

You read the tape making bets? Cool, IG Index? Wonderful. I flip the coin on the Chelsea. Pretty the same.

Don't have a hissy fit.

I use: OEC™(y)

If someone teaches you their methodology using the tools they use then it is only logical for you to say it is absolutely necessary. There are people who use Fibs that have the same line of reasoning you do ie/"If you don't use it it's because you don't understand it"...etc...heard it all before...:sleep:

I use the morse code in the candlesticks. The dots and dashes spell out BUY, SELL, or LOOSE.

Here are my bets. Let's see some of yours.

136676d1337362967-sick-gurus-new-trader-asking-advice-normal-traders-bets.jpg

That’s gambling and not trading. I said: I’M BEGINNER, I’M LEARNING. And I don’t want to discuss gambling, coin flipping and crystal ball looking.

What you show is not trading, it's gambling. Let’s break it down.

You have 12 winning trades, total 281.30 averaging 23.44 per winning trade.
You have 7 loosing trades, total 185.50 averaging 26.50 per loosing trade.

Cool? Ratio winner/looser 1.7 and you have 6 of your losers 25 or above (85% of all losers) and only 5 of your winners above 25 (41% of all winners).
You have caught only 4 of your winning trades above 25 losers level (76, 40, 45, 45.5) in 12 attempts. But almost all of your losers were 25 and above.

You risk 1 for make 1.7 reward. Ok. You catch some above average winners in several attempts. Ok. You are unable to see your losers until they reach 25 level. Ok.

Think about this very interesting aspect, I say it again: you are unable to determine if your entry is winner or loser until it reaches 25. And you exited most of your winners at less than half of that. WHY?! Your average losing trade is 13% bigger than your average winning trade.

You made 19 trades and made a profit of 95.8, half amount of what you have lost. Your profit 95.8 is just a bit bigger than your only one realy profitable trade (76). If not, you would have been at loss. So, you show me a list of shurnings, with just one good pick from 19 entries and you tell me you are trader? You must be joking, "Legendary Member". You make a living with this?

I’m a beginner, but I doubt I would risk 1 for a potential 1.7 winner. And all of the losers are bigger than half of the winners. Cool, mate. Your FOREX broker is happy with you.

Once I got £200 on football betting. Then I lost £150 next day. You do the same. You are gambling.

Hope there is some real traders on this forum...

I use the morse code in the candlesticks. The dots and dashes spell out BUY, SELL, or LOOSE.

Now I understand how you trade

Last edited:
Now I understand how you trade

Since you gave my such bad marks (feels like I am in a trading skool), I just had to gamble some more to improve the situation. Is my ratio improving ?

136678d1337367252-sick-gurus-new-trader-asking-advice-normal-traders-gamble.jpg

Attachments

• gamble.jpg
    gamble.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 838
The zoo at its best
I'm just passing through, don't worry guys, I have a ticket.
Just visiting your zoo.

Don't have a hissy fit.
You see? I did not start that. I just said I learn the DOM. I did not offend anyone. But if the people start pushing you, don't expect a cool reply.

By the way, guys, if you want to play rude, no problem, Neil have a English dico and gona help me.

if you just want to gently discuss your point of view, will be pleasure. (y)

Since you gave my such bad marks (feels like I am in a trading skool), I just had to gamble some more to improve the situation. Is my ratio improving ?

Let me see, mate, you change the tone, that change the done. (y)
Just get a cup of English tea (improves my writing skills) and will jump on my calculator.

Pity, I missed a huge move cos I was too keen selling out to improve my ratio. Had I held on for 5 more minutes, I'd blow the ratio into the stratosphere. That will teach me to never play with beginners. Too much loosing.

Last edited:
Someone on this thread sure is going to be brought back down to earth with a huge bump before very long.

Someone on this thread sure is going to be brought back down to earth with a huge bump before very long.

Yes, had a big bump and was plenty of work in a jiffy to get it all back again :). But I hope to illustrate to the beginners that things are not always random coin flips. Sometimes the coin is tail on both sides.

136680d1337369744-sick-gurus-new-trader-asking-advice-normal-traders-moregamble.jpg

Attachments

• moregamble.jpg
    moregamble.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:

I’m afraid, mate, it’s getting worse.
11 winning with 22.6 average winner and 21.41 average loser. It makes nearly one loser for one winner. This time you have 2 winners doing the trades profitable. But the ratio is 1.2 winner for 1 loser. This is near flipping the coin. Almost 50/50.

So, 3 considerations:
- Somehow your strategy does not allow you see when the trade is winner or loser, at least until certain time. Your average loser still 25, meaning until that you can’t determine if you stay in the trade or not. I really can’t tell you, you must know what’s wrong. I have same problems and for me there was my inability to see when the entry was wrong, and my incapacity of cutting the losers fast and (!!!!) I was unable to exit at scratch. Just so focused on the money I will make. And when things are going wrong, unable to exit quick at loss. Always hope it gona come back. But it never do. So, you exit with stop. At the end it adds. The same stuff with the exit of the winning trades, sometimes I was expecting they will go till “target price – non-sense” and I was still in the trade then. The momentum fade, you still wait, and few minutes ago winner smash you back and become loser.

- There is only 2 really profitably trades, the rest is a very low ratio. I can’t tell you if you stay in the trade too long, if your entry is wrong or you just let your winners become losers. You should know that. I'm personally, too greedy. Apart my English. Even if I hugely improved my entry points with the webinar (thanks John again), I’m too greedy and always try to stay in a winning position too long. Say, I see a pullback. I play it well, and jump on board. The previous level was some 6-7 ticks away and I expect it pulls back at least 5. I wait. It makes 4 ticks, slows and fall. Here, I must exit at scratch, but I don’t. And when it passes through 3 ticks, I exit at loss. So, I have had a 4 ticks winner and I exit 3 ticks loss. F…ng greedy idiot. I never said I’m intelligent, by the way.

- Timeframe. I don’t mean the timeframe you are trading, but the timeframe of you trading decisions. Sometimes you are really late, sometimes you are too early. I have a problem with hesitation. Sometimes you just know things but you still wait for conformation. And the price leave. You are late, trying to catch it. Or, worse, when I hesitate I look for some other confirmations and so focused on the confirmation that “I’m right”, I don’t even see that the situation changed already, momentum gone. And now, you are fading the price. Cool.

So, mate, I don’t know what makes your losers big and winners small, I can just share my bad experience but you probably know where you are wrong. As I see in your statement 2, is not a trading, it's a gambling, no offence. Cheers

You mean you want to post your statement too?

And my statement 3 ?
Looks no different, one good winner, but 3 large losers all above 25. And lots of hesitations on small trades, may be scratches, may be too late or too early. You somehow don't exit your average losing trade untill it reaches 25.

Anyway, that was cool, guys, I haven't see any trader (except the Liquid V, nice, mate) but made loads of freinds up here. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
See you, Joe, Neil, Choco an everyone, nice to meet you.

Will come back in some months :clap: with improved English :LOL:

Good sailing, folks!

Last edited:
Your post shows you very well. Second time you watch my grammair. :sleep: Thanks mate. As I see, you have nothing to say about your pips. (n)
One more ghost on the forum.

By the way, I don't use the translator. But suggest you taking some (any) foreign language lessons, usefull for mind opening. Start with 20-30 words of Spanish or French, even if it gona require a lot of intellectual effort from you. As England is the most successful former French colony, you must have some latin origins in you. It can help.

Good sailing to you too, tomorrow the HW is by the noon, 2-3 Beaufort.

Good post, I like this guy, he is a warrior a prerogative to be a great trader.
But myself I do not use the DOM.

My advise to you is that chart interpretation can be useful if the right education is acquired.

They are important points that develop in a trading day looking at candles that can be constantly profitable once a trader becomes familiarise with it. Trust me.

Last edited:

Here are your mistakes
1. You dont have a rigorous trading plan a business plan by which to trade from seemingly, it should predict every trade you make if I was to read it.
2. all your trades seem to be in the same day, 20 trades in one day? this is ridiculous, why? you are trading noise! your not trading market shifts according to homework or changes in economic conditions or technical s enough time.. the market needs time to work, your being lazy, your trying to force the market to your need to profit, youre expecting the market to help you instead of simply viewing the market neutrally and going with the flow. YOURE ONLY USING PROBABILITIES to infer direction, YOU are NOT trying to PREDICT direction.. no one can know with any certainty where the market is going. If you understand this you will not be overtrading like this. DO YOUR HOMEWORK and learn to shoot for much bigger moves, WHY? your trading model simply isnt profitable. The best traders are only successful in 3 out of ten trades. so if you loose 7 times in a row can you see your winning three must outperform your losses? In your model you need to be aiming for minimum £340 targets for trades ie 5 to 1 win to loss ratio or you simply should not be taking the trade!
3. Your bet size is all over the place. this tells me you have not mastered money management principles. BACK TO THE BOOKS MY FRIEND, this doesnt look any thing like a fixed fractional type management.
4. do you know what your profit target minimum is? you should be gunning for moves at least 3-10x bigger than your minimum plus the potential size of your
5. Are your stops too tight? if they are you will always get tagged because the more youprofit you seek the larger the likely drawdown.. most trades have some meandering into negative trading. Perhaps your ability to refuse this fact is causing you to always exit near losses.

Summary you are wide of the mark. I should charge you for this advice but I think you need direction and others here will benefit from this. Im not overly profitable yet but Im close now, just turned a corner and most of that turnaround is because I have gone DEEPLY into understanding my PSYCHOLOGY, understanding WHY I do things. YOU TRADE YOUR BELIEFS ABOUT THE MARKET, YOU DONT TRADE THE MARKET UNTILL YOU HAVE GOTTEN RID OF THE FEAR AND GREED. Youl know when your trading is right HOW? because you realise you become machine like working your plan because you know this is a numbers game based on probabilities and that losses are a part of your plan. Every time you trade all your doing is using probabilities but you accept you cannot know what will happen so you resign yourself to working your plan.

Good luck. If I say any-more I will have to charge you.

If I say any-more I will have to charge you.

You sound like one of these rip off gurus. Since you are not overly profitable, if you say more it will make not much difference. My bets are for learning, for fun, for trading, and for gambling all mixed in. I think my results will improve once I cut down on the gambling. For now I have a reflex for gambling that isn't under control. It will once I am tired of the slow profit growth.

Here are your mistakes
1. You dont have a rigorous trading plan a business plan by which to trade from seemingly, it should predict every trade you make if I was to read it.
2. all your trades seem to be in the same day, 20 trades in one day? this is ridiculous, why? you are trading noise! your not trading market shifts according to homework or changes in economic conditions or technical s enough time.. the market needs time to work, your being lazy, your trying to force the market to your need to profit, youre expecting the market to help you instead of simply viewing the market neutrally and going with the flow. YOURE ONLY USING PROBABILITIES to infer direction, YOU are NOT trying to PREDICT direction.. no one can know with any certainty where the market is going. If you understand this you will not be overtrading like this. DO YOUR HOMEWORK and learn to shoot for much bigger moves, WHY? your trading model simply isnt profitable. The best traders are only successful in 3 out of ten trades. so if you loose 7 times in a row can you see your winning three must outperform your losses? In your model you need to be aiming for minimum £340 targets for trades ie 5 to 1 win to loss ratio or you simply should not be taking the trade!
3. Your bet size is all over the place. this tells me you have not mastered money management principles. BACK TO THE BOOKS MY FRIEND, this doesnt look any thing like a fixed fractional type management.
4. do you know what your profit target minimum is? you should be gunning for moves at least 3-10x bigger than your minimum plus the potential size of your
5. Are your stops too tight? if they are you will always get tagged because the more youprofit you seek the larger the likely drawdown.. most trades have some meandering into negative trading. Perhaps your ability to refuse this fact is causing you to always exit near losses.

Summary you are wide of the mark. I should charge you for this advice but I think you need direction and others here will benefit from this. Im not overly profitable yet but Im close now, just turned a corner and most of that turnaround is because I have gone DEEPLY into understanding my PSYCHOLOGY, understanding WHY I do things. YOU TRADE YOUR BELIEFS ABOUT THE MARKET, YOU DONT TRADE THE MARKET UNTILL YOU HAVE GOTTEN RID OF THE FEAR AND GREED. Youl know when your trading is right HOW? because you realise you become machine like working your plan because you know this is a numbers game based on probabilities and that losses are a part of your plan. Every time you trade all your doing is using probabilities but you accept you cannot know what will happen so you resign yourself to working your plan.

Good luck. If I say any-more I will have to charge you.

Good post, but I do not agree on all of it.

What is right for you is not right for everyone, of course MM is important.

I know one particular trader that he is trading similarly (frequency) and he is making around 1% a day with big money, trades only a couple hours ( the opening) and shoots numerous trades in that short time, he has been doing it for a while and he knows what he is doing.

Yesterday a find a thread that seems interesting, I have not read it yet:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/120412-55000-one-month.html

Last edited: